Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So the plan with Landy is to play him in a position he’s never played full time, that demands more skating after he hasn’t played in 2.5 years and basically had to relearn to skate? What could go wrong.
Well yeah we would obviously want to get rid of him, but he still has NTC for this upcoming season. With Colton gone the next guys in our center depth are Foudy, Pavelka and Ivan Ivan.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why on earth would Nashville send a division rival a potential franchise goaltender? I certainly wouldn't.

Avs most likely have to overpay out their ass to get that to happen.

They're trading him to us right after we sign Skinner to $2m AAV.

• Haha
Reactions: Ararana

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well yeah we would obviously want to get rid of him, but he still has NTC for this upcoming season. With Colton gone the next guys in our center depth are Foudy, Pavelka and Ivan Ivan.
I’m not saying Landy should go… But playing him at C makes no sense at all.

Reactions: Bender

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The worst case scenario with Manson is that year #4 of his contract, he falls off a cliff. Even then, he won't be impossible to move. We were able to move Ryan f***en Johansen, someone will pay to acquire a cup winning RD vet, we see it every year with guys worse than JM.

For the record, I thought he had a great year and I think next year will be similar

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The worst case scenario with Manson is that year #4 of his contract, he falls off a cliff. Even then, he won't be impossible to move. We were able to move Ryan f***en Johansen, someone will pay to acquire a cup winning RD vet, we see it every year with guys worse than JM.

For the record, I thought he had a great year and I think next year will be similar
RyJo had no trade protection where Manson will have some trade protection.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know its within the division and all, but does Colton for that loser prospect who’s refusing to play for the team who believed and drafted him in Winnipeg?

Winnipeg would love the fact that Colton’s under team control for a few years. They can’t attract talent. These are the types of opportunities Winnipeg want to take advantage of.

Reactions: dahrougem2

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I know its within the division and all, but does Colton for that loser prospect who’s refusing to play for the team who believed and drafted him in Winnipeg?

Winnipeg would love the fact that Colton’s under team control for a few years. They can’t attract talent. These are the types of opportunities Winnipeg want to take advantage of.
Can we get him and Morgan Barron for Colton+

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

It would be a terrible look with agents and players for CMac to trade a guy to Winnipeg less than a year after signing them to a long term deal and just a day before his NTC kicks in.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'd probably do that deal. Why is he such a loser? Winnipeg deserves a fair share of blame in their handling of the situation, they've done a shit job bringing their young players along of late. The way they've been talking to him, they actually DO NOT believe in him.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Why would they need to get out that contract? In a world where Dylan DeMelo got 5M and Zadorov will probably get 6. Manson's contract is a bargain which is why other teams are calling.

Dylan Demelo is 2 years younger(And quite frankly better), Zadorov is 4 years younger.

Just because someone is about to make an even bigger mistake on Zadorov, doesn't mean Manson isn't also a mistake.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

No, the worst case is he falls off a cliff this year. Which is very much a possibility. He's turning 33 before next season begins. He's already well into the regression timeline. It could happen at any point now especially with his injury history.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We may have our own opinions, but that's quite harsh to call Josh Manson at $4.5m a mistake.
Have no idea where his hate for Manson comes from but he was better in the playoffs than the regular season. He sure was hell was a lot more impactful than Girard.

Manson is the kind of defenseman every team dreams of having in the playoffs
7 points in 11 games with a +7 rating in the playoffs last year. Not sure how much more you want out of the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad