Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Manson isn't moving... Colton sure seems like he is. Lots of smoke out there. Interested to see what the Avs have planned up. One thing I think we can surmise from CMac is that he isn't afraid of risk.
Yeah I’m curious what he does with the Colton/3C position. I mean I really do think paying up for a C with retention would make some sense.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What do you think of Jesse Ylonen i think hes style of Play are similar to Lehkonen
Loved this player his draft year (him and Jonatan Berggren) would be a nice addition but I don't think the Avs would give up a ton to get him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nor should they.
He's gets way too much hate around here, only dman we have that plays with any physicality. And picks it up in the playoffs.

Girard should be moved before Manson if they are looking to move a dman. Girard is redundant with Makar and Toews we even have Behrens and Malinski in the system. Not to mention guy struggles with health in the postseason.

Please note I'd prefer moving neither but if they have to move one I'd move Girard.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Avs need to be all in on Askarov if he’s available. Avs had a true #1 goalie prospect…. Ever?

One of the more explosive/athletic goalies I’ve seen in a long time.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Wonder if the plan without Colton is to play Landeskog as 3C? It's a more realistic expectation for him than a top six role.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Wonder if the plan without Colton is to play Landeskog as 3C? It's a more realistic expectation for him than a top six role.

Completely unrealistic IMO. Landy will start in a bottom 6W role and there's, unfortunately, a good chance that's all he's capable of. No chance the plan is to stick him in as a full time C after 2 years of not playing.

Reactions: Bender

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If they did, they'd be immediately looking for a player just like him. I suppose they could target that sort of player for the 3rd pairing instead of the 2nd, which could possibly help them. I think they'll want this sort of roster player on the blueline somewhere.

But honestly, I really didn't have a huge problem with Manson's play last season. There were some ups and downs for sure. But overall, I felt his play was worthy of a $4M player.
Yeah for sure... But that also applies to anyone we move off the roster really. If we move Colton, we're going to be immediately looking for a 3C as well.

I also thought Manson was fine last year. The thing is, he's turning 33 before next season begins. He's at the age where his play could take a massive nosedive literally any day now. He could barely be NHL caliber next season. We're at the age for him and especially the way he plays, that he could find the cliff pretty much any day.

I wouldn't even want to use his roster spot to save any additional cap. I'd just like to upgrade to a more reliable #2RD, especially if we're likely looking at cheap bottom pairing Dmen, they need to make the sure 2nd pair can be relied upon for 20+ minutes a night, and be ready for more if Cale or Toews get hurt. I trust Girard to be able to play 22-23 minutes a night. I dont trust Manson.

Personally my diabolical master plan would be to trade Colton to New Jersey for Marino, as New Jersey reportedly wants to sign Pesce and Marino may be a casualty for them to do that. Then, trade Manson to Carolina for there 2024 2nd so they get a Pesce replacement . Marino is 5 years younger then Manson. Not as physical, but better defensively and would make for a great partner to G IMO.

Then yeah, I'd try and get two more physical #5 and #6 Dmen, both that can kill penalties and play ~12 minutes a night at even strength.

Reactions: missionAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is going to be an ugly deal that likely slams whatever tiny window they have open permanently shut down the road.

It's also required and simply a casualty of success.
IMO their window is already shut and they are down the path of keeping trying to keep the stars around for fans. Probably unpopular, especially amongst Tampa fans, but they should let Stammer walk.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Completely unrealistic IMO. Landy will start in a bottom 6W role and there's, unfortunately, a good chance that's all he's capable of. No chance the plan is to stick him in as a full time C after 2 years of not playing.
Someone's gotta play there. If we need to find a new guy we won't save much by moving Colton.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So the plan with Landy is to play him in a position he’s never played full time, that demands more skating after he hasn’t played in 2.5 years and basically had to relearn to skate? What could go wrong.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Why would they need to get out that contract? In a world where Dylan DeMelo got 5M and Zadorov will probably get 6. Manson's contract is a bargain which is why other teams are calling.
A view into our madness is that this contract many saw as an albatross that would drag us down in the final 2 years is now hey look a bargain that has other teams knocking on the wall!

Reactions: obZen and Azrael89

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This is going to be an ugly deal that likely slams whatever tiny window they have open permanently shut down the road.

It's also required and simply a casualty of success.
He's still a solid defenseman, though perhaps not top shelf anymore. I wonder what the contract will look like. Perhaps they're hoping (praying) that he ages slowly like Chara did in his mid 30s.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
A view into our madness is that this contract many saw as an albatross that would drag us down in the final 2 years is now hey look a bargain that has other teams knocking on the wall!

We don't even have a door for them to knock on. 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad