Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
What’s stopping the team from terminating once his suspension is over?

Richards, Ruzicka and hell even Perry have all had their contracts terminated based upon violation of workplace policy.

I think Avs management wants to keep him because he’s an elite player, but it feels like at any moment he could slip up and be pulled back into the program.

The whole $13m+ essentially being held hostage is tough. Hopefully this year provides some clarity on both Landy and Nuke.
Technically nothing, but the NHLPA would file grievence and the Avs would end up with some cap penalty for some period of time.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
More rumors of Brady Tkachuks availability in Ottawa. Talk about the absolute perfect Nichushkin replacement.

Rantanen+ for Brady would be a dream scenario.
This! Don’t know (or too lazy to do the salary cap research) what impact this will have on team salary structure but would definitely be worth it . Moose is a better scorer but Brady would be a terrific player here as well

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This! Don’t know (or too lazy to do the salary cap research) what impact this will have on team salary structure but would definitely be worth it . Moose is a better scorer but Brady would be a terrific player here as well
It would create $1M in cap space this year, and then probably ~$4.5-5M in space in 2025-26 as Mikko likely gets $13M on his next deal.

It would solve the cap issues beyond this year for sure while also giving some relief this year. Brady would be the perfect Nichushkin replacement as well.

Tkachuk/Landy/Lehky/Drouin would be a phenomenal cast of wingers to compliment Mack/Mitts down the middle.

Reactions: Murzu

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
All you have to do is convince Rantanen to use his once-in-a-lifetime UFA opportunity (while still in his prime) and re-up in Ottawa.

Should be easy :sarcasm:
I mean Ottawa could give him the bag. And maybe they will get their shit together, and be competitive in a few years. Kinda like Vancouver got their shit together this year. Mikko has his cup, no doubt he wants to win more but probably not as burning of a priority as getting that juicy big deal is.

The thing is, how would you approach this? Ask Ottawa (or other teams) first and worry about it leaking to Mikko? Ask Mikko, and then lessen his value and if it doesn't work out in the end what do you do? This is not an impossible task, but something to ponder upon.

And frankly, if you trade Mikko for Brady, it doesn't really help the cap situation next year. Someone else would have to be traded most likely as well. I've thought that the idea with trading Mikko is to gain a f*** ton of capspace. Trading him to a lesser player (albeit on a decent contract) is not improving the team.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
How about Rantanen to Carolina? That's a team that needs a game changer and has many interesting pieces. Plenty of Finns on that team too so odds would be high that Rantanen would sign there
I don't know their prospects well - but what would they have of interest to make that worthwhile for the Avs?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Replace the 2024 1st with Morrow tbh. Should be a very good Top 4 RD sooner than later(Also why Carolina probably wouldn't move him).

That's the issue. They don't have such an attachment to draft picks. We'd get trade or draft capital, a very good top six winger and a huge amount of cap relief with my proposal.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How about Rantanen to Carolina? That's a team that needs a game changer and has many interesting pieces. Plenty of Finns on that team too so odds would be high that Rantanen would sign there
They are keeping Guentzel and make cap room for him by unloading Necas and possibly buying out Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
They are keeping Guentzel and make cap room for him by unloading Necas and possibly buying out Kotkaniemi.

Some of their fans seem to be fine with the proposal I made. Zero comments about keeping Guentzel. Of course, the fans don't run the team though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's the full quote

t5lSDwy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad