Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lindholm and Stephenson. Another route would be trying chemistry. Stephenson and Marchesault or Lindholm and Bertuzzi.
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta or Frederic-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Lindholm-Perron or Marchand-Stephenson-Marchesault
Joshua-Coyle-Frederic or Joshua-Coyle-Geekie
Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Geekie-Duhaime/Geekie/Brazeau or Maroon/Lauko-Potrais/Beecher-Brazeau-Duhaime
Add Dillon to the D. Pick who you want for the 4th line/13th forward.
Bertuzzi and the Leafs are actively talking about an extension so we will see if the Bruins will have a chance to sign him. Domi to me is interesting based off his ability to play C/W and how he can distribute the puck.

Most importnatly, it willl be interesting to see what happens with Lindholm and Stephenson as they are the best centers available in free agency and half the league will be looking to sign at least one of them.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Ya, no thanks to either. Gotta aim higher. Chick is oft-injured, Laine is meh and iffy. Need solid players. Lindholm is the closest thing available at center. Also, a couple of Fenian type wings. A LW who knows where the net is and 2 D-men. Dillon and another similar to him...

How much was he paid last year to do that? Only asking because I don't know. Also don't know what he'd expect to sign? Not a fan of the idea myself but what do I know.

No thanks to Laine, no thanks to Kane. Both are problematic for various reasons.

I'd take Chicken Man and the seventh overall, but again, why would Ullmark subject himself to OTT?

I believe he would agree to a much more palatable move to New Jersey, a talented team ready to contend with the right goaltender.

NJ is not far from Boston, so there's a temporary family workaround easily solved when things settle down.

Boston gets the Devils 10th overall, which allows them to draft a solid center for the future.

NJ gets their goaltender, and Ullmark's 5+ million comes off the books, redirected to Jeremy.

And there's still 21+ million to acquire a decent No. #1 center, "secondary" scoring on the wing, and, on my wish list, Brenden Dillon.

Shit works for me!

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Would something like this make any sense for the basis of a deal.

to Buf: Ullmark

To Bos: Skinner 4 million retain to keep the caps the same
2nd round pick

Maybe I'm dreaming here but this saves the Sabres money if they do plan to buy him out. Gives them a tandem at least for this season. Gives the B's a Debrusk replacement in part. Gets us into the top three rounds

Just noticed Skinner has 3 years left not two which makes this a little less intriguing on both sides. But anyway thoughts? It's something to talk about at least lol. I'll add the retention I'd think would be less than I'd proposed.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

2nd round pick

Maybe I'm dreaming here but this saves the Sabres money if they do plan to buy him out. Gives them a tandem at least for this season. Gives the B's a Debrusk replacement in part. Gets us into the top three rounds

Just noticed Skinner has 3 years left not two which makes this a little less intriguing on both sides. But anyway thoughts? It's something to talk about at least lol. I'll add the retention I'd think would be less than I'd proposed.
My guess is that if Ullmark had a one team no trade list, it would be Buffalo.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

2nd round pick

Ullmark is bringing back a first rounder from someone, Buffalo would need to keep adding a hell of a lot more than a second, they can keep skinner no thanks from my end.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I wonder what we could package together for Utah's 6th overall. Ullmark, Frederic+?
I’m not sure we want to be trading for a pick that high. This year has a group of 12-13ish players that could go pretty much anywhere in the top ten. The extra value required to get number 6 instead of number 11 or whatever will not get you a much better player but it will cost you enough to cause the team to take a step back next year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Frederic is a top 2/3 and would be a fine 2c. Lohrei I also think has shown in his smaller sample size that he'll be a top 4 dman. yes they won't all hit but, on our team, alone I'm just illustrating that those picks produced great assets for our team. Yes they are hit or miss but to discredit the value of a pick because it won't necessarily work out seems ridiculous. Especially when he's arguing that moving them for a player that will play a month for your team is always the right choice. Thank thinking is what has our prospect pool in the state it's in now and is going to be worse after this draft.

HUH? He'd be a fine 2C, yet the team has played him almost exclusively at wing. He's also struggled to win draws for his entire career in the NHL.

As for the rest, all I see is Joker saying they have no problem with Sweeney trading away picks for ready made players. I don't see any specific player they'll targeted with their posts that is only going to play for this team for a month.

I don't disagree with the idea honestly. I'm not trying to discredit anything either, just simply looking at those picks and what they've typically produced. Sure you may catch lightning in a bottle from time to time, but that's the exception not the rule. For example if you look at where Frederic was drafted +/- 2 slots from 2010 to 2016. There were 35 players taken and only 19 of them went on to play at least 100 NHL games and only 15 players are still active in the NHL. So of those 35 picks, only 55% managed 100 games, and only 42% are still active today.

Lets take it a step further though and look at just the forwards who played 100 NHL games:

1718731981583.png

*RED = no longer in the NHL

The average of this group would come out to roughly a 15G/20A forward over 82 games.

With all that said, If I can get a proven NHL player that can help me now, with a pick that has essentially a coin flip chance of (on average) becoming at 15G/20A forward, then why wouldn't I do it?

Reactions: sarge88

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It’s almost as if some posters like different players than other posters.

This sentiment would apply to this scenario if some of the posters actually liked any of the players suggested and/or suggested their own player they wanted to come here.

Instead it’s just a lot of widespread hate of all non bruins.

well if you don't sign the bad players it makes the other teams worse I guess lol

And if you don’t sign any players then you don’t improve!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

2nd round pick

Buffalo will need to resign Ullmark, so Sabre's, savings vanishes pretty quick.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
I’m not sure we want to be trading for a pick that high. This year has a group of 12-13ish players that could go pretty much anywhere in the top ten. The extra value required to get number 6 instead of number 11 or whatever will not get you a much better player but it will cost you enough to cause the team to take a step back next year.
Yea, I’d add to an Ullmark to OTT package if you could only initially get their 25th and not their 7th, but picks 10-12 maybe not so much. That said, we could be left unhappy if one of Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, Lindstrm didn’t make it to us and we wound up with another Jordan Caron.
Sweeney needs to wake up. Bruins longest Boston drought now. Chips all in Donny boy!

I'd hope we get 2 of them. With just 1 of them we'd be just one blocked shot or hit gone wrong from Zacha and Coyle again being our 1 and 2 C all over again
2 might not be the best use of cap space, especially at their ages unless you move some guys out. If you sign 2, you’ve got them, plus Coyle and Zacha and geekie and Frederic and Poitras and Beecher…that’s a lot of centers without pure scoring potential ya know?.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Do you think he would be a cheap solid addition?
Not really. He really wasn't good at all last year. Rangers fans are all set with him - this isn't a guy coming from some cruddy team and you're hoping for a lift. Adding him to the fourth line for $1M? I guess, but I'd rather use those minutes for Beecher/Kuntar etc. Can always get a Goodrow type at the deadline.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not really. He really wasn't good at all last year. Rangers fans are all set with him - this isn't a guy coming from some cruddy team and you're hoping for a lift. Adding him to the fourth line for $1M? I guess, but I'd rather use those minutes for Beecher/Kuntar etc. Can always get a Goodrow type at the deadline.
I thought Goodrow was actually pretty decent for them in the playoffs. I’d take my chances on a cheap 4th line deal but ultimately, he shouldn’t play any higher than that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I thought Goodrow was actually pretty decent for them in the playoffs. I’d take my chances on a cheap 4th line deal but ultimately, he shouldn’t play any higher than that.
He was. the people I work with that have season tickets seem to like him just fine, just way overpaid. Agreed cheap, but he will probably want to go to a cup contender where he would add some value maybe

Reactions: BMC and Fenian24

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He's only played in four conference finals and been on 2 cup winners, no need for that kind of experience on the cheap here.
Right. Like Pat Maroon.

He had a couple moments in the playoffs - and clutch ones at that. And like I said for $1M or whatever, sure I guess. But that's not going to happen unless he's bought out.

With four conference finals and two cup wins, surprising he wouldn't be claimed right? Only $3.6M for 3 years...

Reactions: SPV

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
There’s a less than zero chance that Draisaitl ever makes it to UFA. Either he resigns or is traded and signed - and unless we’re giving up Pasta it’s not going to be to us.
Always a chance. Always. Edmonton is going for it next year that’s a given. They could easily roll the dice and take their chances that Leon will resign during or after the season.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Always a chance. Always. Edmonton is going for it next year that’s a given. They could easily roll the dice and take their chances that Leon will resign during or after the season.
Right. Always a chance that McDavid hits UFA too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad