Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I just realized the only contract for a defenseman right now on Utah is Shea Weber lol

1718715366131.png

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Just looking at the last two Cup winners alone and how many 'reclamation projects' there are on those rosters is insane.

Florida:

Bennett
Verhaeghe
Rodrigues
Cousins
Lomberg
Lorentz
Okposo
Tarasenko
Forsling
Ekman-Larsson
Kulikov

So many of these guys at one point were dropped by their team, not valued in a trade, making close to league minimum or had a 'questionable' reputation and 'work ethic'.
I still want PLD in a Bs uniform with some serious retention by the Kings.

You get that big #1 center for the next 7 years who should only be getting better until the end of his contract.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Freddy at 22 was also a bit unrefined. I think Beecher will get there - he just needs NHL games and coaching.
I like what you are saying, Beecher has all the physical qualities to play in the NHL, size, speed, and I think this kid has more skill then what some want to give him credit for. Games and coaching will be so important to his development, if this kid has the right attitude and willing to put in the work he could a surprise. I hate that they label this kid as a 4th liner without giving him a solid look, but a kid like Poitras, Mekolov, Lysell and others are all 1st and 2nd liners. I say give this kid look .

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Best GM in the game.
So are you saying Laine and PLD, would be Bruin's reclamation projects, one or both,if you get some retainment, I would be for giving it a shot, what the hell both young with size, skill, good locker-room, no better time than now. I think it is the time for Bruins need to get bold, sure would get a lot of attention league wide.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I like what you are saying, Beecher has all the physical qualities to play in the NHL, size, speed, and I think this kid has more skill then what some want to give him credit for. Games and coaching will be so important to his development, if this kid has the right attitude and willing to put in the work he could a surprise. I hate that they label this kid as a 4th liner without giving him a solid look, but a kid like Poitras, Mekolov, Lysell and others are all 1st and 2nd liners. I say give this kid look .

Probably a good reason for that.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Is Justin Bailey the next Dakota Joshua?

He's 28. Late bloomer. Finally got another chance with the Sharks this year and his underlining numbers were the best on the team...one of the fastest players in the league. 6-4 right wing.

I know we're penciling Brazeau on the 4th line but just another interesting name

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Ullmark for futures gives them around 26m to play with.

Swayman 7/7
Lindholm 8.25/7
Kane 5/2
Varna 4/2

Leaves 2m cushion

Vrana Lindholm Pasta
Marchand Zacha Kane
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Lauko/Kuntar - Beecher - Brazeau
Merk/Lysell

Leave the D alone for now.

Sure Kane could get more elsewhere (most FA can, but it comes down to fit/team) this gives him 2 legit shots at a cup and the B’s need scoring. If not him look at Toffoli or Taresenko for that role and $$$.

Vrana is the wildcard here. I’m thinking Monty, Zacha and Pasta can be solid support for his off ice issues. He can play and score and as many have pointed out Florida has a bunch of reclamation projects/flawed players in their lineup and they’re about 5 days away from being cup winners.

If he’s doing well outside of hockey, with Pasta and Lindholm he could end up at or above 25/25/50, which is pretty good for 4m. Plus he adds speed.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Is Justin Bailey the next Dakota Joshua?

He's 28. Late bloomer. Finally got another chance with the Sharks this year and his underlining numbers were the best on the team...one of the fastest players in the league. 6-4 right wing.

I know we're penciling Brazeau on the 4th line but just another interesting name

He'll be 29 in two weeks.

Worth a look, I guess.

Reactions: CellyHard

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The Bruins being perennial contenders gives them picks in the late 20's. Your better off giving up those picks for ready made players, especially 1st rounders. The odds of you getting a top 6F or top 4D are extremely low.

Yes I know Pasta was a 25th OA but how often does that happen compared to trading a pick for a player at that level?
Bergeron 2nd round pick
Marchand 2nd round pick
Carlo 2nd round pick
The Bruins being perennial contenders gives them picks in the late 20's. Your better off giving up those picks for ready made players, especially 1st rounders. The odds of you getting a top 6F or top 4D are extremely low.

Yes I know Pasta was a 25th OA but how often does that happen compared to trading a pick for a player at that level?
Well ok here we go

Pasta like you said 25th overall
Frederic 28th overall
Marchand 2nd round
Bergeron 2nd round
Carlo 2nd round
Coyle 28 overall
Lohrei 2nd round

Bergie had to be added obviously but I think just on the Bruins this shows how wrong that statement is.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005

You get that big #1 center for the next 7 years who should only be getting better until the end of his contract.

You get that big #4 center for the next 7 years who should only be getting lazier and more disinterested until the end of his contract.

FIFY. And you're welcome! ;-)

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Lots of cap room, Sweeney should throw money at Guentzel. $9.5 million per maybe. Guy is a difference maker. Would be better than $8 million on Lindholm who IMO isn’t worth it. Go with current centers and see what happens. If u still need a center later, do it at the trade deadline.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lots of cap room, Sweeney should throw money at Guentzel. $9.5 million per maybe. Guy is a difference maker. Would be better than $8 million on Lindholm who IMO isn’t worth it. Go with current centers and see what happens. If u still need a center later, do it at the trade deadline.
Bruins need to stop overpaying for (usually for a short term guys) at the TDL.
Of course if there's a great player who wants out of a situation (Draisaitl) then of course but there's only a small chance of that happening.
Sweeney's got to go with the sure thing signing, at least as close to sure thing as he can. Lindholm or Stephenson type guys. IMO

Last edited:

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I would be surprised if they sign DeBrusk.

I don't think he's desperate to be here. I don't think they're desperate to keep him.

If he were willing to sign a team friendly deal then I think they'd be up for that, but if he wants fair market value (which he deserves) then I think they pass.
That would suck, but maybe replace him with a guy like N Schmaltz. Solid production and great at entering the offensive zone.

Guentzel Coyle pasta
Marchand Zacha Schmaltz

Reactions: PlayMakers

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would be surprised if they sign DeBrusk.

I don't think he's desperate to be here. I don't think they're desperate to keep him.

If he were willing to sign a team friendly deal then I think they'd be up for that, but if he wants fair market value (which he deserves) then I think they pass.
I agree. Just a gut feel.

DeBrusk - gone
Ullmark - traded
Heinen - signed
Swayman - signed

As far as proposed signings/aquisitions

Draisaitl - not one hope in hell
Guentzel - possible, but not likely
Lindholm - likely
'24 First Round Pick - likely
Patrick Kane -- for the love of all that is holy, please no

Again, this is just set of "if I had to bet" predictions.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I agree. Just a gut feel.

DeBrusk - gone
Ullmark - traded
Heinen - signed
Swayman - signed

As far as proposed signings/aquisitions

Draisaitl - not one hope in hell
Guentzel - possible, but not likely
Lindholm - likely
'24 First Round Pick - likely
Patrick Kane -- for the love of all that is holy, please no

Again, this is just set of "if I had to bet" predictions.

As always it depends on cost but why not Kane?

47 points in 50 games last year.

Would have been 2nd on the Bruins in ppg.

If we can get him short term for decent $$ why not?

Plus he’s good in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad