Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

All players and teams listed are by "Teams Reportedly Linked"
However, who links them is not listed. So grain of salt and all.

Players being linked to Boston:

LW/RW - Nikolaj Ehlers
LW - Martin Necas
LD/RD - Cakob Chychrun
LW - Trevor Zegras
LD - Mario Ferraro

Hmmmmmm.....
Excellent linkers. I would any of them in a heartbeat.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Beauvillier

Not trying to portray him better than Debrusk by any means but .56 ppg in the playoffs versus Debrusk's .54. Pretty crazy when you think about it. He was pretty good under Trotz during those Islanders days. Now, he's just been bouncing around

And NHL Edge has him just slightly faster than Debrusk but its splitting hairs. Both have great speed

Just something for everyone to think about when they're throwing out these long term deals for JD when Beauvillier is likely getting a 1x1 and only god knows what for Debrusk

That's a solid suggestion even if you have to give Beauvillier a bit more money (but not too much). In a cap system that could be a really nice value contract if you can get 40 pts and some playoff production out of him.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Some under the radar guys that I like (some aren't), not all even to assuredly make the team, but minimum and maybe Providence. Not a lot of beef available.

center
Travis Boyd
Sam Carrick
Jasper Weatherby

wings
Anthony Duclair
Daniel Sprong
Keifer Sherwood
Stefan Noesen

defense
OEL (would look good next to Peeke)
Dimitri Samorukov
Lucas Carlsson

goalie
Kevin Lankinen (maybe he's the backup, deal Bussi?)
Scott Wedgewood
Martin Jones

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
When I was in college there was this kid (let’s call him Joe”) who I would see in the gym bench pressing high 300’s regularly. Average height but kind of built like an old Frigidaire — just an insanely strong person. Usually very quiet and not a trouble maker. BUT whenever things got a bit tense, he would immediately go dark and suddenly his eyes would get scarily intense. Nobody in their right mind who knew him gave him any grief.

Kind of a Mike Tyson personality and shape. But always wearing baggy flannel shirts, baggy jeans, and work boots. On the surface not a terribly intimidating person to look at.

Anyway, one night in a local bar, some kid from another school got into a bit of a confrontation with him. You could see things going south. The other kid was pretty big, “looked” like he could handle himself and was certainly taller. As it was clearly heading to trouble (I happened to be nearby, but not at all part of it) I made eye contact with the kid, shook my head, and said very calmly “don’t do it”. It wasn’t stirring shit he’ll kick your ass type of stuff. Just a low key, sincere suggestion that it might be better to let it go. Of course it was immediately met with “who the f*** are you” type garbage. I backed off as it was none of my deal and thought “tried to warn you”.

Off course it ended up in a fight outside and after absorbing a few punches Joe literally picked this kid up off the ground and all in one motion used the momentum to whip him into a body slam onto the pavement. Looks all fun and laughs in the WWF but not so much on solid pavement and for real. It was sickening and ugly. After about five people pulled Joe off him and cops/ambulance arrived, arrested Joe, and carted the unconscious kid off in a neck restraint I don’t know what happened to him.

A lot of people learned a very valuable lesson that night. Looks can be deceiving and there is always someone tougher than you. Always someone a little less concerned over the prospect of doing serious bodily injury. And always someone who ultimately doesn’t give two shits about getting into big trouble.

I’m with you. An avoided fight is almost always a good fight.

And I learned from a guy who I consider one of the 4/5 toughest guys in town.

If it’s good enough advice for someone who wins 90% of his fight, it’s good enough for me.

😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Guentzel (8.25) Lindholm (8.75) Pasta
Marchand Zacha

And I learned from a guy who I consider one of the 4/5 toughest guys in town.

If it’s good enough advice for some who wins 90% of his fight, it’s good enough for me.

😂😂
I'm the smallest guy in the room no matter who is there. But I kick everyone's ass except one guy who jumped me from behind.

It always helped me to have a black belt. Now, if I was 40 years younger, maybe I could play for the Bruins. 🤪

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
When I was in college there was this kid (let’s call him Joe”) who I would see in the gym bench pressing high 300’s regularly. Average height but kind of built like an old Frigidaire — just an insanely strong person. Usually very quiet and not a trouble maker. BUT whenever things got a bit tense, he would immediately go dark and suddenly his eyes would get scarily intense. Nobody in their right mind who knew him gave him any grief.

Kind of a Mike Tyson personality and shape. But always wearing baggy flannel shirts, baggy jeans, and work boots. On the surface not a terribly intimidating person to look at.

Anyway, one night in a local bar, some kid from another school got into a bit of a confrontation with him. You could see things going south. The other kid was pretty big, “looked” like he could handle himself and was certainly taller. As it was clearly heading to trouble (I happened to be nearby, but not at all part of it) I made eye contact with the kid, shook my head, and said very calmly “don’t do it”. It wasn’t stirring shit he’ll kick your ass type of stuff. Just a low key, sincere suggestion that it might be better to let it go. Of course it was immediately met with “who the f*** are you” type garbage. I backed off as it was none of my deal and thought “tried to warn you”.

Off course it ended up in a fight outside and after absorbing a few punches Joe literally picked this kid up off the ground and all in one motion used the momentum to whip him into a body slam onto the pavement. Looks all fun and laughs in the WWF but not so much on solid pavement and for real. It was sickening and ugly. After about five people pulled Joe off him and cops/ambulance arrived, arrested Joe, and carted the unconscious kid off in a neck restraint I don’t know what happened to him.

A lot of people learned a very valuable lesson that night. Looks can be deceiving and there is always someone tougher than you. Always someone a little less concerned over the prospect of doing serious bodily injury. And always someone who ultimately doesn’t give two shits about getting into big trouble.

bang on

Most fights involve alcohol

You see the one at the TD Garden gsme 4 watch Party

Nuts

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’m curious to see what Monahan gets on the open market. He’s done a nice job rebuilding his career. The injury history is concern.

He strikes me as the guy that’s going to get his deal once the market starts to thin out.

EDIT: Nevermind, he was actually the highest scoring center available. Stamkos had more, but I’m not entirely sure if he is still primarily a center

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
That's a great top 9 and a playoff team. The questions I have, Sweeney wants to get faster, is this Bruins lineup faster? Can a long-term deal be beneficial for DeBrusk so he can focus on playing consistent hockey? Is Lindholm the missing piece?
I have no inside information and I have no expert, but they are not going to resign DeBrusk.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

You are a wise man.

Great post.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I have no inside information and I have no expert, but they are not going to resign DeBrusk.
It looks that way, but he has said he wants to stay here and win. Dom also mentioned that both sides are apart but closer than they used to be in negotiations (my guess is Bruins offered $4M+ and have raised their offer in the $5M range).

Reactions: GordonHowe

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
He scored nearly 40 points last year. How cheap do you think he's going to be exactly? Doubtful he's signing anywhere to be a spare part or willing to sign a cheap enough contract to justify him being a spare part.

Ian Mitchell is an RFA with arbitration rights I doubt he's even qualified.
My thought is if he gets a buy out, he's already got a ton of money coming to him. He might be motivated to sign a 1-2 years cheap deal to try to win a cup and reestablish himself before his career ends.
If he wants more money then no thanks. Totally agree on that.

Reactions: BruinDust

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I like that Girgensons can PK and that’s about it…

Need a PK partner with Beecher on the 4th line

Would much rather prefer Duhaime who can do the same and bring more physicality

I have a hunch this is a Sweeney guy tho
Not completely sold on Beecher but he does have speed and faceoff acumen ...not sure about hockey IQ ..... I wouldn't be opposed to using him as trade bait

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Not completely sold on Beecher but he does have speed and faceoff acumen ...not sure about hockey IQ ..... I wouldn't be opposed to using him as trade bait
worst case scenario for him imo would be a 4th LW banger with speed who can play the 2nd PK unit. I do think he can carve out a nice role as a 4C who every team needs and loves. All the draft knocks the Bruins get and if they wanted to they could roll out Poitras, Freddy and Beecher at 2-4 C and it would work very nicely.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
worst case scenario for him imo would be a 4th LW banger with speed who can play the 2nd PK unit. I do think he can carve out a nice role as a 4C who every team needs and loves. All the draft knocks the Bruins get and if they wanted to they could roll out Poitras, Freddy and Beecher at 2-4 C and it would work very nicely.
I tend to agree, but I saw a lot of defensive lapses from Beecher this year ...not ideal for 4th line ...he's young though..still a big learning curve, just not convinced he'll learn it

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
All the crying about our top two centers sucking after the Florida series, yet top centers like Point/Stamkos, Zibanejad/Trochek, Mcdavid/Draisaitl/RNH didn’t fair much better vs them. If Pasta, Marchand, & Debrusk finished some of their golden opportunities, Bruins might’ve beat Florida. Just shows that this team isn’t that far off.

I’m thinking Guentzel is a must. Keep Debrusk. Trade for a big, intimidating minute eater like Middleton or Oleksiak and play him with Mcavoy, cause Charlie plays a very abrasive style that could use some backup. Then get Lauzon back to play 3rd pairing with Peeke. Lhorei can be 7th D. Than get Duhaime and B Tanev, or similar players and put them with Lauko on the 4th line. Ullmark has to be traded.

With Poitras returning, this team should be that much better, and who knows, might be enough to go all the way next year.

Marchand Coyle Pasta

Guentzel Zacha Debrusk

Frederic Geekie Poitras

Duhaime Lauko Tanev

Middleton(Oleksiak) Mcavoy

Lindholm Carlo

Lauzon Peekie

Lohrei

Swayman Bussi

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Freddy at 22 was also a bit unrefined. I think Beecher will get there - he just needs NHL games and coaching.
Yup, I'm no Beecher hater but I'm also ok with dealing a player of his ilk that still have promise as part of a package to get something we need ... he has value right now.....I find the Bruins tend to hold on to prospects too long until their trade value plummets instead of using them as trade chips that hold value.... if they keep him and he becomes a reliable defensively responsible 4th liner ..great...if he's the added value to make a bigger trade work ..then great ...I'm not wetted to him nor should anyone be

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Keep Beecher. He's cheap, he's young, and he's good.

He clearly made strides this year and deserved to be up all year. Especially with faceoffs and skating, and the occasional physicality. I think he has a relatively high hockey IQ, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad