Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
How so?

They will have both

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak

Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk

HEINEN- Freddie- GEEKIE
1 year of Heinen was sufficient for me. 8 mil 7 years for Lindholm is over the top.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'll always like Tory, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

You don't hand Lohrei the quarterback position, but he's clearly the heir apparent.

Perhaps Lindholm might take the reigns while they ease Mason into the role.

My hope is that they will not continue, even during a "gestation period," to lean on McAvoy.

Charlie is called upon to do many things. Too many things.

My sense is that given the $9.5 m. contract and leadership role, he believes he should be the point man. But he is not Raymond Bourque and the offense will never run through McAvoy. That's not who he is, and that's okay. He's plenty good elsewhere.

I don't know who they bring in to lighten his load, but allowing Charlie to focus on what he does best should be part of the equation of bringing in a defensively responsible center. It might also figure in whomever they acquire on the blue line.

Relative to the latter, I wouldn't mind Chicken Man, but I'm not enthused. He has an extensive injury history and no jam. I still want Brenden Dillon. True, he's 33, but he would bring everything I want on the back end as the Bruins transition to their next era.

Two cents.
What is the gestation period? I thought that was between Thanksgiving dinner and dessert when you fall asleep watching the 4 oclock Cowboys game ?

• Haha
Reactions: Oates2Neely

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
1 year of Heinen was sufficient for me. 8 mil 7 years for Lindholm is over the top.
ok give me your FA term and contract

I guess we are not getting anyone

I read a lot of what they don’t want but not what they want

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He’s in Detroit I’ll be in Charlestown

Glorydaze going wants me to invite Sarge

I’m more Lionel Ritchie ‘easy like Sunday morning’ unfortunately Joe is like Crazy Joe Davola and looks at Sarge as Jerry.

Men definitely don’t want to be me since I can barely dress myself

Growing up on the truly mean streets of north Lawrence (wasn’t a south Lawrence softie, sharing a border with the Andovers)

I learned one thing.

Every fight you avoid is a win because there’s always the chance that what starts as a one on one fist fight often ends much differently.

😉😂

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

All players and teams listed are by "Teams Reportedly Linked"
However, who links them is not listed. So grain of salt and all.

Players being linked to Boston:

LW/RW - Nikolaj Ehlers
LW - Martin Necas
LD/RD - Cakob Chychrun
LW - Trevor Zegras
LD - Mario Ferraro

Hmmmmmm.....

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

LW/RW - Nikolaj Ehlers
LW - Martin Necas
LD/RD - Cakob Chychrun
LW - Trevor Zegras
LD - Mario Ferraro

Hmmmmmm.....
Can I have another list, pleeeease!?!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

LW/RW - Nikolaj Ehlers
LW - Martin Necas
LD/RD - Cakob Chychrun
LW - Trevor Zegras
LD - Mario Ferraro

Hmmmmmm.....
Guess we need to cross all of them off :)

• Haha
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not liking 7 years either,he will turn 30 in Dec.so that would have him at 37 his last season
No, 36

30 in 2024-25
31 in 2025-26
32 in 2026-27
33 ih 2027-28
34 in 2028-29
35 in 2029-30
36 in 2030-31

The alternative to Lindholm who is a perfect fit stylistically and with Pastrnak is what?

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
How so?

They will have both

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak

Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk

HEINEN- Freddie- GEEKIE
So no extra speed or grit...... grrrrrrrreat. Re-signing Heinen and Debrusk is such a waste unless someone else is being included in a trade elsewhere. Adding Lindholm to the same old group just isn't good enough.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It will be interesting to see who we trade Ullmark to.
I have compiled a list of the teams rumored to be interested and some mock trades that would be fair for both teams.

Ottawa - we get Greig, their 25th pick this year and a 2025 third rounder.
Detroit - we Fabbri and Nate Danielson
Jersey - 10th overall pick this year and Chase Stillman
LA - we include Lysell as well and get Kempe
Carolina - 27th pick overall and Jack Drury.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Who is it ?

Beauvillier?

Beauvillier

Not trying to portray him better than Debrusk by any means but .56 ppg in the playoffs versus Debrusk's .54. Pretty crazy when you think about it. He was pretty good under Trotz during those Islanders days. Now, he's just been bouncing around

And NHL Edge has him just slightly faster than Debrusk but its splitting hairs. Both have great speed

Just something for everyone to think about when they're throwing out these long term deals for JD when Beauvillier is likely getting a 1x1 and only god knows what for Debrusk

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Monahan is what he is....not a great goal scorer, or skater, is responsible defensively and if healthy is a solid 20-25 goal guy and 60-65 points.
68% of this goals were scored at 5 on 5.
He would be a nice add IMO at 5.5-6.5M a year,
I like him quite a bit

If Sweeney signed him I would be happy but I didn’t really watch him other then his stats and against Bruins

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Monahan is what he is....not a great goal scorer, or skater, is responsible defensively and if healthy is a solid 20-25 goal guy and 60-65 points.
68% of this goals were scored at 5 on 5.
He would be a nice add IMO at 5.5-6.5M a year,
I’ve come around on the idea of him mainly because we need somebody in that Bergeron role on the PP and that’s what he does best

Reinhart is the wealthy man’s version of that

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Growing up on the truly mean streets of north Lawrence (wasn’t a south Lawrence softie, sharing a border with the Andovers)

I learned one thing.

Every fight you avoid is a win because there’s always the chance that what starts as a one on one fist fight often ends much differently.

😉😂
When I was in college there was this kid (let’s call him Joe”) who I would see in the gym bench pressing high 300’s regularly. Average height but kind of built like an old Frigidaire — just an insanely strong person. Usually very quiet and not a trouble maker. BUT whenever things got a bit tense, he would immediately go dark and suddenly his eyes would get scarily intense. Nobody in their right mind who knew him gave him any grief.

Kind of a Mike Tyson personality and shape. But always wearing baggy flannel shirts, baggy jeans, and work boots. On the surface not a terribly intimidating person to look at.

Anyway, one night in a local bar, some kid from another school got into a bit of a confrontation with him. You could see things going south. The other kid was pretty big, “looked” like he could handle himself and was certainly taller. As it was clearly heading to trouble (I happened to be nearby, but not at all part of it) I made eye contact with the kid, shook my head, and said very calmly “don’t do it”. It wasn’t stirring shit he’ll kick your ass type of stuff. Just a low key, sincere suggestion that it might be better to let it go. Of course it was immediately met with “who the f*** are you” type garbage. I backed off as it was none of my deal and thought “tried to warn you”.

Off course it ended up in a fight outside and after absorbing a few punches Joe literally picked this kid up off the ground and all in one motion used the momentum to whip him into a body slam onto the pavement. Looks all fun and laughs in the WWF but not so much on solid pavement and for real. It was sickening and ugly. After about five people pulled Joe off him and cops/ambulance arrived, arrested Joe, and carted the unconscious kid off in a neck restraint I don’t know what happened to him.

A lot of people learned a very valuable lesson that night. Looks can be deceiving and there is always someone tougher than you. Always someone a little less concerned over the prospect of doing serious bodily injury. And always someone who ultimately doesn’t give two shits about getting into big trouble.

I’m with you. An avoided fight is almost always a good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad