Line Combos: 2024-2025 Powerplay Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They did pretty much none of that.. also your first set up should be your optimal set up and then move chess pieces after that.
Maybe MSL think that if they start in the wrong spots, they will move more. :help:

They are too static afterall and every time they had a "chat" about it, they reverted back after 2 weeks.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Slafkovsky shouldn't be in the bumper spot. Laine should probably be there. It needs to be a shooter. Slaf is more passer. He should be where he was last year allowing him to go low & drive the goal line/net or make the cross-ice pass.

I'm going to hate the PP again, aren't I?

Reactions: Canadienna

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Slafkovsky shouldn't be in the bumper spot. Laine should probably be there. It needs to be a shooter. Slaf is more passer. He should be where he was last year allowing him to go low & drive the goal line/net or make the cross-ice pass.

I'm going to hate the PP again, aren't I?

Yep..

Slaf is the left shot one timer and in the bumper, his stick is too long to get a quick release off in a collapsing PK box which is why Newhook is the better bumper option on PP1.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
It's a waste of Slaf's talents to put him on the bumper. He needs to be on the wall. The way he can curl off the wall, and pass or shoot is his best offensive attribute.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

How to put everyone on the ice in spots where they cannot take advantage of their skill set 101

I've always been a big MSL supporter but I can't defend this PP shit. It's stupid and it pisses me off.

What I wouldn't give for a competent f***ing PP where we utilize the correct players in the correct way. Is that too much to ask for? Why is this constantly a thing? I'm sick of it.

Reactions: the

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I've always been a big MSL supporter but I can't defend this PP shit. It's stupid and it pisses me off.

What I wouldn't give for a competent f***ing PP where we utilize the correct players in the correct way. Is that too much to ask for? Why is this constantly a thing? I'm sick of it.

How about we wait until the actual game starts?

Ridiculous to complain when we have yet to see the pp for a game during the reg season. They also used different pp formation last season. Even on the same pp, players moved around and switched positions. So just because they practiced with this formation, it doesn't mean it will be the only formation they use.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Literally here we see Caufield on his usual left and Suzuki on his usual right.

So much overeaction for no reason. They are trying out different formations during camp, whats wrong with that?

I don't think the issue is the formation. It's the fact that those passes are slower than my grandma trying to send an e-transfer. No way the bumper gets to switch to his forehand to pass to the other side in a real game. Suzuki's streaking in from the blue line is useless most of the time, unless he takes the shot.

i7OY8TH.png
*sigh*

Too much focus on being "unpredictable". The habs should be predictable, but they should punish the opponent when they allow them a certain space.

You have to make the top of the diamond move low to high and vice versa. You just gotta make them budge.

Unpredictability comes during the finish, not during the set up of the lateral pass. Move the puck quickly and keep it simple.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think the issue is the formation. It's the fact that those passes are slower than my grandma trying to send an e-transfer. No way the bumper gets to switch to his forehand to pass to the other side in a real game. Suzuki's streaking in from the blue line is useless most of the time, unless he takes the shot.

i7OY8TH.png
*sigh*

Too much focus on being "unpredictable". The habs should be predictable, but they should punish the opponent when they allow them a certain space.

You have to make the top of the diamond move low to high and vice versa. You just gotta make them budge.

Unpredictability comes during the finish, not during the set up of the lateral pass. Move the puck quickly and keep it simple.
It was in Slaf’s feet there. Slowed things down a bit.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Laine needs to be on PP1...anything else is hockey malpractice. Play him high on left side and play Caufield low. Then Suzuki, Matheson or Hutson, Slav or Dach. I would use Slaf and put Dach on PP2 with Roy, Newhook and the other D-man. as for 5th guy draw straws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad