2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully not as bad as it looked for Laine.

Someone named Pare taking Laine out. This Sweezey character trying to fight Michkov. This is what the preseason is about. The fewer (preferably zero) games for the regulars, the better.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If you look at the NHL.com scoreboard you will see that Utah has "--" for their record of last year. The NHL is pretending like Arizona never existed.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If you look at the NHL.com scoreboard you will see that Utah has "--" for their record of last year. The NHL is pretending like Arizona never existed.
From what I understand it wasn't a traditional relocation since Meruelo kept the rights to the Coyotes (along with their past/history/record) that he planned to "reactivate" later. Utah basically became an expansion team that inherited the Yote players, picks, farm team and administrative stuff.

Now that Meruelo is out of the picture that means that the Yotes' past is in limbo. I don't know what will happen there.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
From what I understand it wasn't a traditional relocation since Meruelo kept the rights to the Coyotes (along with their past/history/record) that he planned to "reactivate" later. Utah basically became an expansion team that inherited the Yote players, picks, farm team and administrative stuff.

Now that Meruelo is out of the picture that means that the Yotes' past is in limbo. I don't know what will happen there.
I personally hope it stays in Arizona and furthermore that the Jets get the first part of their history back

Reactions: Balthazar

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who is that on the Leafs? That's just begging to injure someone standing still and sticking your knee out like that. Idiotic.
I would be more pissed at the Leafs not standing up for Pare when Xhekaj unloaded 10 powerful ones on him from behind. That shows why they haven't gone past the second round since the telephone was invented.

@henchman21 Bruv, bringing back the San Diego talk, I just reminded myself of Kroenke venturing into wanting to make another multi-sport arena in the city. Is it possible for Stan to own an NHL franchise in Colorado and own an arena for another NHL franchise in San Diego? That seems a bit of a conflict of interest there, but I know NA rules are a lot more strict than in Europe with the Dodgers owning Chelsea and Strasbourg in the same division of futbol (with Chelsea trying to sell players to Strasbourg).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would be more pissed at the Leafs not standing up for Pare when Xhekaj unloaded 10 powerful ones on him from behind. That shows why they haven't gone past the second round since the telephone was invented.

@henchman21 Bruv, bringing back the San Diego talk, I just reminded myself of Kroenke venturing into wanting to make another multi-sport arena in the city. Is it possible for Stan to own an NHL franchise in Colorado and own an arena for another NHL franchise in San Diego? That seems a bit of a conflict of interest there, but I know NA rules are a lot more strict than in Europe with the Dodgers owning Chelsea and Strasbourg in the same division of futbol (with Chelsea trying to sell players to Strasbourg).
Stan can’t own both teams. Even tricky optically with owning the arena, but not against the rules.

Reactions: S E P H

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Utah wasn't basically an expansion team, it was an expansion team. The NHL stated that clearly. They said Arizona was on pause, to be reactivated later. Which they will at some point.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

You are right, I forgot about that wrinkle. As usual with that franchise the whole thing is weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad