Prospect Info: 2024 111th Overall - Chase Pietila (D)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Probably another two years at Michigan State for him. Decent numbers for a guy who was 19 for most of the season.

Reactions: Jacob

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We really swinging for the fences this year! Ranked around 200 or not at all, double overager, description "just solid". I'm so excited!

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh

@SethRorabaugh
·
3m

In the fourth round (No. 111 overall), the Penguins select Michigan Tech defenseman Chase Pietila.In 40 games last season, he had 22 points (three goals, 19 assists).Was a member of the Youngstown Phantoms previously.Right shot. 6-foot-1, 185 pounds.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
I go to school at Michigan Tech and cover recruiting for a site that writes about the team.

Figured I’d pop in to offer insight/answer questions if you guys have any
Care to give a bit of a scouting report? Anything more than "just solid" would be appreciated..

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Care to give a bit of a scouting report? Anything more than "just solid" would be appreciated..
To be honest “just solid” kind of sums it up from an nhl prospect standpoint. He’s very much a jack of all trades/master of none type.

Skates well, projectable frame, adequate puck mover, good defender. I think there’s a bottom pairing D in there if everything goes right.

As a mid sized program that doesn’t get a ton of high end recruits, it’s pretty rare for us to bring in guys before they age out of junior (though thats changed with our last couple of classes). Chase came in at 19 and was immediately our all situations #1. I think that speaks volumes

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Michigan Tech had a very good season last year, so I would assume that Pietila played a part in that.

A lot of tough NHL players have come from Michigan Tech. Randy McKay, Andy Sutton, Jujhar Khaira and John Scott immediately come to mind.

The diminutive speedster Chris Conner was also an impactful player while he was there.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Michigan Tech had a very good season last year, so I would assume that Pietila played a part in that.

A lot of tough NHL players have come from Michigan Tech. Randy McKay, Andy Sutton, Jujhar Khaira and John Scott immediately come to mind.

The diminutive speedster Chris Conner was also an impactful player while he was there.
So, if we can turn back the clock to 1999 when those kind of players were worth something, we should be excited?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I don't know if it is true or not but I feel like we absolutely love drafting players who are teammates of current prospects.

Reactions: farscape1

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
A bigger, stronger Chad Ruhwedel type that adds depth to the system. Pens need RD in the system so why not.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens beat writers are doing us all a disservice. I seriously doubt any of them know who these ppl are. Haase, KIN and Yohe haven't mentioned much at all. They seemed focus on Logan Thompson. Just pathetic!

Same with with the beat writers, just trash.
You had me at "I seriously doubt any of them know".

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryder71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad