Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bruins have $6,204,166 in cap space with just needing to sign Frederic and Swayman. That should be enough.

The Bruins are in a really good position if they want to make any trades. Teams can't treat them that they are in a position of weakness now.

Trade Ullmark for futures and that’s 11+ million….maybe enough for those two and Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Bodit9 and SonnyBoy

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
The games are played on the ice not on the message boards. We all knew this was coming and were all happy with the investment made this past trade deadline. Stuff happens and they didn’t get it done. That was not due to a lack of trying to add pieces at the deadline. I read a lot of this same moaning and groaning last offseason about how they were going to be a mediocre team. When they went on their run so many on these boards acted like they predicted it. Complete BS. What they’re doing today in free agency is trying to ice a competitive team with very little financial wiggle room. I applaud the effort to this point and there’s some potential upside with Geekie which is a bit of a bonus. If you’re a true fan you’ll weather this storm, accept what had to be done, and look forward to whoever pulls on the B’s sweater next season.
Outstanding post . . . I agree completely.

Reactions: chizzler

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
I hope Bergeron comes back for one more year, especially since it’s the centennial year.

I don’t think winning a Stanley Cup is a realistic goal for the team this year. It’s apparent last year was the year they decided to “go for it,” and this year is the result of those consequences — a bridge year with significant financial limitations until the cap significantly increases the following year.

However, I don’t think it’s out of reach for them to be competing for a playoff spot and be an entertaining team most nights. I plan to try and enjoy the upcoming season for what it is.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I hope Bergeron comes back for one more year, especially since it’s the centennial year.

I don’t think winning a Stanley Cup is a realistic goal for the team this year. It’s apparent last year was the year they decided to “go for it,” and this year is the result of those consequences — a bridge year with significant financial limitations until the cap significantly increases the following year.

However, I don’t think it’s out of reach for them to be competing for a playoff spot and be an entertaining team most nights. I plan to try and enjoy the upcoming season for what it is.
Just get in this team is dangerous especially with this calibre of goaltending. Best in league. I want bertuzzi somehow and our winger depth is up there in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Someone make the case for me that Florida/Toronto/TB/BUF have gotten better. Ottawa I guess if you love Korpisalo but incomplete until the ADB trade. And Detroit whatever.

Reactions: 13Hockey

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bergeron had better be coming back because our center ice group just isn't good enough without him. Having 2 elite goalies isn't a luxury that the Bruins can afford with that glaring hole. Based on what Sweeney said about keeping both goalies I am going to assume Bergy will be back and Gryz will get dealt to open up the necessary cap space to get everyone unsigned signed.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Someone make the case for me that Florida/Toronto/TB/BUF have gotten better. Ottawa I guess if you love Korpisalo but incomplete until the ADB trade. And Detroit whatever.
It will never cease being a surprise that some can be so optimistic about teams they don't/rarely watch while being unendingly pessimistic about a team they see all the time.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Fine with them not moving Ullmark, bad year to try and offload salary, impossible to get fair value. Would rather run it back with both him and Sway then make a decision next offseason when teams finally have cap space to work with.

Reactions: capecodder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad