GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7, 8am PT/11am ET - NHLN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4434.png

IMG_4433.jpeg

Ducks have picks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wahlberg strbak and dragecevic are my favorite options

But I imagine we go gauthier, high energy aggressive forward good defensively.

I don’t hate the goalie route but I still think I prefer Clara with 59/60 over Hrabal at 33

Wouldn’t mind packaging a 59/60 + a 3rd to get a guy like Ziemmer, think he’s a steal at 59 which leads me to believe he’ll be gone by then

Reactions: Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd like to see the Ducks grab a skiller winger in Andrew Cristall. He's been the consensus slip so far.

Probably fair to say he's the most successful junior hockey player left on the board (likely has been for quite a few picks). Clearly though, teams are questioning whether his tools will translate to being the most successful pro.

At a certain point here, he has to be worth that gamble for someone, but honestly I sort of hope it's not us. Take the BPA but ideally that player isn't another small skill type, but rather someone with the size/speed/tenacity to compliment what we're already building.

I just now picture Zegras, Carlsson, Terry and McTavish as our "big four" offensive building blocks, and what we need to compliment them moving forward - which for me is guys who can keep up offensively while making the line more difficult to play against.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With most of the other more intriguing bigger bodied forwards off the board, I expect my previous prediction to come true regarding Juraj Pekarcik being grabbed much earlier than he's ranked. I think early mid second rather than the mid rounds as projected.

I still like ziemmer a lot but 33…. Good shot, good at shot tips…. Big bodied power forward

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The 33rd pick is pretty much drafting in the 1st round, hoping for a real steal. In Madden I trust. Have 3 picks in this round, unless Verbeek is making a trade.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The 33rd pick is pretty much drafting in the 1st round, hoping for a real steal. In Madden I trust. Have 3 picks in this round, unless Verbeek is making a trade.

I'm all for trading one or two of those late 2nds or third rounders for a useful player who can be around awhile. We have so many picks and prospects, can make a major improvement to the roster without making a dent in the system. Won't fix all of our problems with one move but it's part of the process.

Ideally we find our version of the Toews to Colorado trade that brought so much stability to their back end.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm all for trading one or two of those late 2nds or third rounders for a useful player who can be around awhile. We have so many picks and prospects, can make a major improvement to the roster without making a dent in the system. Won't fix all of our problems with one move but it's part of the process.

Ideally we find our version of the Toews to Colorado trade that brought so much stability to their back end.

I would prefer he draft the 33rd, and move the others to get some roster help now. I think Carlsson may make the NHL some point next season, whether he starts in the AHL for a stint or makes the team right out of camp. Already playing against men, so the transition should be smooth. But have to get these kids support. Verbeek wants a more competitive atmosphere, well he has to address the holes in the roster, and I don't expect him to do it overnight, which is near impossible, but some trades and FA signings is a way to start.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Make the picks and look for more asset effective ways to add veteran help to the roster. And remember, the Ducks will be 1st in line for waiver claims this coming year. There will be players available there as well.

Reactions: Deuce22

alsmiss94

Oct 26, 2022
Not the biggest Cristall fan but undoubtedly a great pick for 33. Also like Lardis and Gavin Brindley but guessing size will be an issue with Brindley.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Make the picks and look for more asset effective ways to add veteran help to the roster. And remember, the Ducks will be 1st in line for waiver claims this coming year. There will be players available there as well.

Yeah I'm not even talking about trading for a veteran but more a young veteran, mid 20s player who can be around for their prime years. The type of good complimentary players that sometimes just get squeezed out of good teams for cap reasons

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad