Speculation: 2023 Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Terry is 25, and doesn't play the type of game that could fall apart in 5 years time, barring a serious injury, thus I'm failing to see a scenario in which Terry is out of sync with Ducks timeframe.
I love terry and yes he is very skilled but I disagree. He is absolutely the type of player that could fall off relatively early. So much of what he does is facilitated by his hustle. To be clear I want to keep him and still think his timeline matches ours because he’s really not that old yet.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I love terry and yes he is very skilled but I disagree. He is absolutely the type of player that could fall off relatively early. So much of what he does is facilitated by his hustle. To be clear I want to keep him and still think his timeline matches ours because he’s really not that old yet.
I think a lot of what he does is off pace and deception. Which ages like fine wine.

Reactions: gilfaizon

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I think a lot of what he does is off pace and deception.
You’re right. I mean he really brings a lot of everything which is awesome. I think a lot of it comes down to what he can do once we get adequate puck retrievers and a system that works.

If we had the puck most of the time (lol) he could just chill and make plays which would make his life a lot easier. As it stands he just happens to also be our best grinder.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm jealous of what Buffalo and New Jersey are doing in terms of rebuilding, drafting and acquiring young talent.

Reactions: c4rcy

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Even if Terry ends up being somewhat outside our actual contention window he's exactly the kind of vet you want around the kids. He worked hard and struggled early on and broke out hard, that's the example we want on the team for the young guys coming up.
I do t believe any player is untouchable

But I’d think keeping Terry as a player and potential leader (kid seems to have a great head on his shoulders) has a lot of value to a developing team.
Return would have to be pretty substantial.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
"Jealous" of Buffalo's rebuilding? After an 11 season playoff drought they're maybe looking at a wild card spot
Cool they more than recently just acquired Tage Thompson would everyone said was a bust and Tuch who is a player we need. I like some of their later picks every year as well.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
"Jealous" of Buffalo's rebuilding? After an 11 season playoff drought they're maybe looking at a wild card spot
In all reality, haven’t they reset their rebuild the past few years. Previously it was a trainwrwck

Reactions: bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Hughes Hischer Meier is a hell of a young forward core.... Plus all the studs they got....

Apparently Meier traded with no extension.... Risky.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
In all reality, haven’t they reset their rebuild the past few years. Previously it was a trainwrwck
Not really, they’ve basically always been bad and haven’t really changed much up. They look like they’re starting to turn the corner because some previously written off guys figured it out and they’re not missing on top 10 picks like they used to, amongst a few other things.

Definitely insane to admire it. It’s finally showing a bit of promise but being the laughing stock of the league for a decade isn’t much of a viable strategy to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad