Speculation: 2023 Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Someone needs to check on PV and make sure he knows the trade deadline is coming soon

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    994.9 KB · Views: 1
Ter

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Then what? Have an even worse defensive core? I don’t see Verbeek making many moves at all. Trading Klinger and Kulikov, (while they both may have some value), would set us back even more
Klingberg wants a high dollar long term deal. Do you think we should give him a high dollar long term deal? If not, we need to get something for him.

alsmiss94

Oct 26, 2022
Klingberg @25% is some teams last resort plan when they can't a better dman. It will happen, probably on deadline day or right before, and the value will be terrible but I'd rather get something than nothing for him.

What a disaster of a year from him

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I like clowning on Sicard as much as anyone but I don't think it's wrong to have the uncomfortable conversation of what if Terry is just outside of our age range and what the ramifications down the line may be of giving him an 8x8. I don't think I would do it because it's a "the mystery box could be anything, even troy terry" situation but I don't think it's a fully unrealistic scenario.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I like clowning on Sicard as much as anyone but I don't think it's wrong to have the uncomfortable conversation of what if Terry is just outside of our age range and what the ramifications down the line may be of giving him an 8x8. I don't think I would do it because it's a "the mystery box could be anything, even troy terry" situation but I don't think it's a fully unrealistic scenario.

I wouldn't love the message it would send to our team, especially when hes exactly what this team needs. How do you improve your winger situation moving forward by trading your best one.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I mean if Columbus or New Jersey called and offered a package including Jiricek or Nemec I'd listen on Terry. Probably won't happen though so in all likelihood no calls on Terry would even be taken. He's going to get an 8x8 offer this summer and he'll probably take it and might even get the C.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I remember reading that before last season, Terry had asked to be traded. So don't think losing him is some insane idea, even if I don't think it happens.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Uh…what? Source?
I don’t have the article but can confirm. He thought he needed a fresh start before he broke out here. But since then he has also been very vocal about wanting to be a part of being us back to the post season so the trade request is kind of moot.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Terry is 25, and doesn't play the type of game that could fall apart in 5 years time, barring a serious injury, thus I'm failing to see a scenario in which Terry is out of sync with Ducks timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad