GDT: 2023 Draft - Wed, Jun 28 @ 5:00 MT & Thu, Jun 29 @ 9:00 MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It would be a 2am wake up for me, but I'm starting my summer holidays tomorrow so I think I might actually wake up for this. And it still would be the second most stupid thing I've done for draft day.

Kapteeni

Jul 12, 2021
Helsinki, Finland
It would be a 2am wake up for me, but I'm starting my summer holidays tomorrow so I think I might actually wake up for this. And it still would be the second most stupid thing I've done for draft day.
Well, dont keep us waiting. What is the stupidest thing you’ve done for draft?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I hope Iggy gets barfingly drunk on broadway tonight and is unconscious with sunglasses on at the draft table tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'll pay some interest in the draft tomorrow but the fact is that we aren't going to draft an impact player at 16th unless we get incredibly lucky in his development and 31 other teams dropped the ball in their player assessment.
I'll be more interested in hearing that the likes of Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev, Vladar, Zadorov, and Backlund get moved. This team needs to get younger and faster.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The way Conroy is going, we may own the middle rounds.

Any interesting sleeper like Johnny and Fox? Lol

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You know what is really hilarious... today's draft is purported to be the best draft in 20 years and the Oilers only have picks in the 2nd rnd (56), 6th rnd, and 7th rnd.
Good job Holland.

Reactions: Janks

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
You know what is really hilarious... today's draft is purported to be the best draft in 20 years and the Oilers only have picks in the 2nd rnd (56), 6th rnd, and 7th rnd.
Good job Holland.
I'd trade our 16th OA to them for McD - that way they don't miss out :)

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
That’s ridiculous. Most of our good hidden gems come in the later rounds, where he knows all our guys we want.
They were still holding scouting meetings when Conroy was hired, he's probably allowed after the 16th pick because that's all they likely had decided by then.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Friedman:

I have to say this: I’m not sure… famous last words…. I’m not sure how busy they’re going to be for the rest of the week. I think there’s interest in Zadorov. I’ve heard Hanifin isn’t anywhere imminent of going anywhere. And I’ve heard Lindholm, they’re still trying to sign him. They are still working at signing him. And look, what did Dubois just sign for? 8.5. So that’s the market, right? If not more. So I think they’re working their way through it now. I don’t know that they’re going to make any more moves. I think the one thing Conroy is determined is not to rush.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad