Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's nothing like Hasek but he's not the only one who has talked about him being the best goalie in college hockey. Pierre McGuire was effusive in praise as well.

McGuire is a buffoon who was equally as aroused by the Fucale pick as well.

I do like Fowler though even though he is smaller than I would like. He is technically sound and seems to have the resiliency and makeup to become an NHL goaltender. We will know more in a few years but the early signs are encouraging for sure.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
young 18-year-old American goalkeeper, Jacob Fowler
He has to be one of the best goaltenders I've seen in college hockey. He's 6'2" and Montreal took him in the third round. The fact that this kid was taken in the third round, I'm telling you Montreal Canadiens fans, this kid is going to be a star in the NHL .

He's incredible, it's like he's Dominik Hasek, combined with Patrick Roy, Carey Price and Martin Brodeur. This weekend I saw a college goalie who was playing at a level I never saw before. never seen before." - Ryan Whitney
I heard that stuff about Primeau also though. This board once had Hawley as future starting NHL goalie. Goalies are wildcard.

Hamburglar set all kind records his rookie season. The next year he was in minors. Just can't tell.

Reactions: windycity

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Unclear if hurt or not, BC were leading 6-1.

He wasn't hurt. He has played every game this season until then. He was staring at the bench wanting them to put in the backup and get him some playing time (according to the Boston radio crew). The Czech goalie's 2nd appearance was the Beanpot Consolation game against a weak Harvard team. 5-0 win.

Reactions: habsfan891

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Lane Hutson and Jacob Fowler named first team Hockey East All stars.

Fowler named Goaltender of the year.

Didn't Primeau won the same award, we defenetly have a nose for goalie

Last edited by a moderator:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Didn't Primeau won the same award, we defenetly have a nose for goalie

Going back to the 90s when I started following the team, it's definitely been their biggest strength.

Theodore, vokoun, Garon, halak, price.

And even the goalies drafted by other teams did well here like Hackett and huet.

They went into a funk after price, but that's understandable that they didn't feel as compelled to invest in finding goalies in that era.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
1711246539646.png

Look at the numbahs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad