Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I remember watching Selanne and Perry go piling into the boards or get crushed by a hit and getting up no problem. I'm pretty sure the announcers gave credit to the players flexibility and stretching routines as reasons for why they were so durable.. I could be misremembering but maybe there's something there.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I kinda don't agree with Mac playing his best hockey of his career similar to saying the Ducks played their best, but giving up 55 SOG's.

5fb1b2fd81a23527aac138382e950d0b.gif

But I digress.

On the plus side about Mac's info is we have "week to week" than "day to day". "Week to week" may mean out for the rest of the season.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I kinda don't agree with Mac playing his best hockey of his career similar to saying the Ducks played their best, but giving up 55 SOG's.

5fb1b2fd81a23527aac138382e950d0b.gif

But I digress.

On the plus side about Mac's info is we have "week to week" than "day to day". "Week to week" may mean out for the rest of the season.
If Mact is on crutches and in a boot and is Week to Week. That means he has a hairline fracture somewhere on his foot..

Frosted Tips

Zeglaf baby!
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Yes. The injuries started piling up after Sean Skahan left, and that is not a coincidence.
After Skahan joined the Wild, I remember looking at the man games list to injuries chart and Wild was one of the least affected by injuries by that stat. That was shortly after he had left the Ducks organisation and injuries started piling up.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
After Skahan joined the Wild, I remember looking at the man games list to injuries chart and Wild was one of the least affected by injuries by that stat. That was shortly after he had left the Ducks organisation and injuries started piling up.
Yes, I also remember that we had a look at this a few years ago and then dismissed it as "too soon to tell". Guess we know now.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I feel like in this cruel season of Oregon Trail that the Ducks seem to be playing, that Zegras information is just setting us up for disappointment. The next thing we'll see is:

Trevor Zegras has taken a turn for the worse.

Followed by:

Trevor Zegras has died.

We should have administered laudanum when we had the chance.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I feel like in this cruel season of Oregon Trail that the Ducks seem to be playing, that Zegras information is just setting us up for disappointment. The next thing we'll see is:

Trevor Zegras has taken a turn for the worse.

Followed by:

Trevor Zegras has died.

We should have administered laudanum when we had the chance.
I swear there is a "died from dissing (Troy) Terry" joke in there somewhere...

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
I swear there is a "died from dissing (Troy) Terry" joke in there somewhere...
I have a friend who, like clockwork, will criticize Terry for something and he'll immediately score... and legit sends me the "you have died from dysentery" meme every time. :laugh:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yes. The injuries started piling up after Sean Skahan left, and that is not a coincidence.
I don't know a lot about sports medicine so how could this guy leaving result in more injuries? Like thinking about Zegras's injury where his skate hit the boards and his ankle buckled, how would someone prevent that?

I'm asking out of curiosity, not saying you're wrong.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know a lot about sports medicine so how could this guy leaving result in more injuries? Like thinking about Zegras's injury where his skate hit the boards and his ankle buckled, how would someone prevent that?

From what's been said and what I've read, I think it's more the training staff than the medical (if you differentiate those). Training helps with durability, medical works on things that are already hurt.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

For the most part, I think people are just looking for someone to blame. Injuries are mostly just bad luck.

EDIT: I also wouldn’t go so far as to say Skahan leaving couldn’t have had an impact on injuries, but in most cases these injuries would have happened no matter who the strength and conditioning coach was.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Of course Z is getting close to returning, had to sacrifice MacT in the process. lol

One player with multiple issues it’s the player, two players is a coincidence, 3+ players? Medical and training staff need to be re-evaluated by Verbeek.

The odd thing is that Verbeek did add to the medical and training staff at the NHL and AHL levels. Do we need more help? Maybe. Regardless how talented our players are, if they're not on the ice, then that talent isn't working for us. The best ability is availability. We need to do more to make our players more available.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
have zegras, carlsson, mctavish, and mintyukov played a single game together?
I think they have, Zegras, Carlsson, McTavish, and Drysdale didn't play one together I think. And I don't think the three forwards and Killorn did at the same time either. I thought there were a few games at least where Minty played with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad