GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Most of the posters here are outsiders who cheer for big clubs. I seriously doubt anyone here would have become/remained a fan of Brentford or Las Palmas if they were getting into the spor
To be fair I truly got into the Arsenal when our back line was Clichy - Djourou - Vermaelen - Sagna, with a midfield of Song, Diaby (injured), Wilshere (future injured), Frimpong, Coquelin, and a striker unit of Chamakh and Bendtner. We did have some great players, but few and far between with Cesc, RvP, Diaby (when he played), and Rosicky.
giphy.gif

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To be fair I truly got into the Arsenal when our back line was Clichy - Djourou - Vermaelen - Sagna, with a midfield of Song, Diaby (injured), Wilshere (future injured), Frimpong, Coquelin, and a striker unit of Chamakh and Bendtner. We did have some great players, but few and far between with Cesc, RvP, Diaby (when he played), and Rosicky.
giphy.gif

Doesn't really matter. Arsenal had that clout. Just like Manchester United still does despite being crap. You know they can still compete if they do it right and that they're not going to get raided when they do get good.

I'm not even saying this in a bad way but almost everyone here could be described as a glory chaser. Fans in North America aren't waking up tomorrow and picking Crystal Palace as their team. It just doesn't happen.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Doesn't really matter. Arsenal had that clout. Just like Manchester United still does despite being crap. You know they can still compete if they do it right and that they're not going to get raided when they do get good.

I'm not even saying this in a bad way but almost everyone here could be described as a glory chaser. Fans in North America aren't waking up tomorrow and picking Crystal Palace as their team. It just doesn't happen.
My buddy, an Everton fan, would like to have a word with you.

I also have a friend who somewhat closely followed Hull City, but that's only because his last name is "Hull."

I will say that part of the reason that most fans support the bigger teams is both clout/glory and also the availability. Especially before Peacock, it was difficult to watch games in the US other than the big teams. Even with lower leagues, I'm a pretty strong Oxford United supporter from studying over there but those games were damn near impossible to watch for a while. Now that they're up in the Championship, it should be easier, but part of it is just availability.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My buddy, an Everton fan, would like to have a word with you.
I have a buddy who's a huge West Brom fan, but I think a lot of that fandom came due to tracking his heritage back to that area.

I should also mention that I became a fan before knowing about The Invincibles, Henry, Wenger, or Bergkamp. I was born to be a Gooner, I can't see myself ever cheering for anybody else even though I have soft spots for Fiorentina, Lech Poznan, and Hoffenheim.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The irony here is that I have serious doubts that a Manchester United fan from Finland (or or or) wouldn't be a glory hunter either.

Most of the posters here are outsiders who cheer for big clubs. I seriously doubt anyone here would have become/remained a fan of Brentford or Las Palmas if they were getting into the sport. Just about everyone's picked teams that have a serious chance at titles and are way more advantaged (or outright cheat) than 90 percent of the competition.
You don't choose Brentford. Brentford chooses you.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I have a buddy who's a huge West Brom fan, but I think a lot of that fandom came due to tracking his heritage back to that area.

I should also mention that I became a fan before knowing about The Invincibles, Henry, Wenger, or Bergkamp. I was born to be a Gooner, I can't see myself ever cheering for anybody else even though I have soft spots for Fiorentina, Lech Poznan, and Hoffenheim.
You mean to say you're this obnoxious and you've never even seen Ian Wright play?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He miss spoke. He said actually meant ben white.
I'd think he was a little bit less baked if he said that.

I underestimate your homerism sometimes, but you can't truly believe Lisandro is top 5 in the world... he's not top 5 in the PL.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd think he was a little bit less baked if he said that.

I underestimate your homerism sometimes, but you can't truly believe Lisandro is top 5 in the world... he's not top 5 in the PL.
Not at all but it is funny to see the reaction to the comment. A better question to ask is who actually cares he said this?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not at all but it is funny to see the reaction to the comment. A better question to ask is who actually cares he said this?
I don't really care. Just reacting to the United fan bragging about it. Pep says some ridiculous stuff and every coach exaggerates with stuff like that.

I'd bet Jussi 100% took it to heart though. He still thinks United put in a performance for the ages last week.

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't really care. Just reacting to the United fan bragging about it. Pep says some ridiculous stuff and every coach exaggerates with stuff like that.

I'd bet Jussi 100% took it to heart though. He still thinks United put in a performance for the ages last week.
Nah, all I care about IS THAT UNITED BEAT THE BEST TEAM IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE, ERGO WORLD!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love the idea that you can get a managerial job at one of the biggest clubs in the world and just show a 5 minute video of someone else giving a motivational speech (in a movie and regarding a different sport)

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad