Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We only have one LD spot available behind Ferraro and Walman so whichever one of Thrun or Mukhamadullin isn't occupying it would probably be better off playing top pair minutes for the Cuda than sitting in the press box. Whereas Vlasic's primary function is to sit in the press box.
Fair.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm worried that Mukh seems to be injury-prone. Didn't he have constant health issues last year?
I looked for injury reports for muk but the only news about an injury since the trade was this training camps injury.

But i am guessing he had something last year as he missed 12 games in the AHL and i doubt all 12 can be explained by his time spent at the NHL level to play 3 games.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I looked for injury reports for muk but the only news about an injury since the trade was this training camps injury.

But i am guessing he had something last year as he missed 12 games in the AHL and i doubt all 12 can be explained by his time spent at the NHL level to play 3 games.
He was also injured at the end of last season.

Reactions: coooldude

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

He had an injury from a game Feb 15th that caused him to miss ample time and then again the end of the season, all disclosed as UBIs. Now he's out and not even practicing. I'm very concerned about his durability. He's again behind the curve and no doubt there's a slight chance we don't see him on the NHL club at all this year.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Hopefully these injury issues and prospects not being immediately all-star trajectory gives us all the reality check that we're still going to be rebuilding for some time. Absolutely not "one draft away from being done with the rebuild." Shit, at this point I'm hoping we have a two year solid trajectory and then stumble in 2027 so we can be in the running for Landon Dupont. Basically a Devils trajectory kinda.

Crosby winning quickly, Toews/Kane winning in their ELC's are exceptions not rules. We're more likely to look like the Avs/Lightning/FLA builds.

Muk is rather slight when comparing his weight to his height (190# @ 6’4”).
Absolutely, understatement. I'm not a big hockey body but I'm 5'11" 185#. Dude is a stick.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hopefully these injury issues and prospects not being immediately all-star trajectory gives us all the reality check that we're still going to be rebuilding for some time. Absolutely not "one draft away from being done with the rebuild." Shit, at this point I'm hoping we have a two year solid trajectory and then stumble in 2027 so we can be in the running for Landon Dupont. Basically a Devils trajectory kinda.

Crosby winning quickly, Toews/Kane winning in their ELC's are exceptions not rules. We're more likely to look like the Avs/Lightning/FLA builds.

Absolutely, understatement. I'm not a big hockey body but I'm 5'11" 185#. Dude is a stick.
Landon Dupont is so unbelievably good. I watched his first WHL game and he was the best player on the ice as a 15 year old defenseman. Completely insane level of talent.

While my hope is we get Schaefer in 2025, jump up in the standings 5-10 spots in 2026, but win McKenna... man Dupont is freaking exciting.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Landon Dupont is so unbelievably good. I watched his first WHL game and he was the best player on the ice as a 15 year old defenseman. Completely insane level of talent.

While my hope is we get Schaefer in 2025, jump up in the standings 5-10 spots in 2026, but win McKenna... man Dupont is freaking exciting.
You watch 1 minute of tape and it's like, "yeah, that guy has it." For me, even more than McKenna.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You watch 1 minute of tape and it's like, "yeah, that guy has it." For me, even more than McKenna.
Agreed. Dupont is literally exactly the player we need. I really wish he were eligible sooner than three years away. If we're still this bad in three years, I think most of the fans around here now won't still be. ;)

sampler

Aug 3, 2018

Wait until the year starts. Obviously some of the top prospects aren’t ready but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will stink.

Warsofsky may make a huge difference. He’s a no nonsense, defense and effort first coach who knows how to motivate.

Gush looks legit and I would t be surprised to see him on cellys wing.

If celly, Toffoli, and gush can score regularly alongside the lund line, the Sharks will have at learn two scoring lines, something they lacked last year. And that takes the pressure off smith too.

Obviously the D remains a question, but Cagnoni and Thompson have looked good and more importantly, D is often more a system thing than an individual thing. So I dunno, I wouldn’t count em totally out yet…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad