Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Didn't Halttunen make some goodbye to London post? I wouldn't be surprised if he's with the Barracuda this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
he made the conscience decision to come to play in north america last year. Hes not going to bounce to europe if he still intends on playing in the NHL.

Maybe, though Goldobin did the same thing. Came over for OHL, back to Europe, then AHL.

I'd welcome Halttunen in the AHL, but he's got a third option this season if he doesn't want to go back to junior.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Maybe, though Goldobin did the same thing. Came over for OHL, back to Europe, then AHL.

I'd welcome Halttunen in the AHL, but he's got a third option this season if he doesn't want to go back to junior.
I believe Goldobin was drafted out of the CHL so he wasn’t AHL eligible so he went back to Europe. Since Halttunen was drafted out of Europe he doesn’t have to follow the CHL/NHL agreement.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I believe Goldobin was drafted out of the CHL so he wasn’t AHL eligible so he went back to Europe. Since Halttunen was drafted out of Europe he doesn’t have to follow the CHL/NHL agreement.

Ah, yeah. Maybe that wasn't the best example.

I mean, before this becomes a whole conversation thread all I'm trying to say is that Halttunen's got three options for this season. Not going to pencil him into any AHL lineup until I'm told for sure he's being sent there.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Ah, yeah. Maybe that wasn't the best example.

I mean, before this becomes a whole conversation thread all I'm trying to say is that Halttunen's got three options for this season. Not going to pencil him into any AHL lineup until I'm told for sure he's being sent there.
The best of those three options IMO is to return to London. Smaller ice, will have more important role and more ice time there than he will either in Europe or the AHL, and with good coaching that will emphasize what he needs to work on to be an NHL player.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
The best of those three options IMO is to return to London. Smaller ice, will have more important role and more ice time there than he will either in Europe or the AHL, and with good coaching that will emphasize what he needs to work on to be an NHL player.
I agree. He feels like he needs a lot of marinating, getting his fitness routines right, rounding out his game. As a 2nd round pick we should be pretty excited if he sees even a short peak in the NHL as a depth winger on PP2. No need to try to rush him there.

Reactions: Star Platinum

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
One counter point is that if skating and conditioning are issues for him the AHL would allow him access to better training and power skating.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Safe to say Musty gets his 10 games then back to junior?

Have y'all seen any improvement in the D zone and hitting an opponent?

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

This is one of the great debates on these boards right now. Nothing is safe to say. Coaches have been consistent in praising his on-puck offensive abilities and calling out his need to improve off-puck. He's playing tonight.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
This is one of the great debates on these boards right now. Nothing is safe to say. Coaches have been consistent in praising his on-puck offensive abilities and calling out his need to improve off-puck. He's playing tonight.
Yep. Same for his junior team. I've mentioned before I've never seen hit a player on the opposite team in the two years I've watched him play. Off ouckk is the same. He likes to play up top and wait for a pass at the blue or red line.

I'm not sure what it will take to add this to his game. I'll be sure to watch him tonight

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

Not really, but I wasn't expecting him to add completely missing components to his game overnight. If he doesn't show any improvement in his off the puck play by the end of the upcoming OHL season, then I might be concerned whether he's ever going to develop into a viable NHL top 6 winger.

Too soon to tell.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad