Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
What would it take to get Boqvist out of Columbus?
He doesn't get any playing time and we need young RD. I think he can get all the time to play in this line up and maybe even have some success. Not the ultimate RD of the future, but could be a nice project for the next year.

Reactions: Alaskanice

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass

I feel like there has been lots of commentary that runs the line between "speculation" and "report".
Using the intro presser for a new coach to bring up a report from February even though he's had numerous other opportunities to "address the elephant" doesn't make sense to me AT all. There must be something else out there.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I haven't seen any reports.
The reports I'd love to see would be whether or not Couture is going to be healthy enough to play hockey again. If he is, I welcome him back arms wide open as a 3C and mentor to the young guys before handing the C over to Macklin after his ELC expires and Couture's contract ends.

Looking at our CapFriendly page, we're so well positioned for the end of their ELCs with literally no money outside of the Hertl retention on the books. I am so excited for the future.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The reports I'd love to see would be whether or not Couture is going to be healthy enough to play hockey again. If he is, I welcome him back arms wide open as a 3C and mentor to the young guys before handing the C over to Macklin after his ELC expires and Couture's contract ends.

Looking at our CapFriendly page, we're so well positioned for the end of their ELCs with literally no money outside of the Hertl retention on the books. I am so excited for the future.
Considering where we are cap-wise, what he brings to the team and the fact it would probably cost us to move him, trading him would actually be the worst thing we could do.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Pagnotta mentioned Couture and Ferraro in the same report last week:
It's funny, they went into GREAT length about Mario and how he should be traded and they casually mention Couture and Grier went to his own great length to debunk the Logan rumors.

You're right, Mario's as good as gone. I now expect he'll be drafted at the draft.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
It's funny, they went into GREAT length about Mario and how he should be traded and they casually mention Couture and Grier went to his own great length to debunk the Logan rumors.

You're right, Mario's as good as gone. I now expect he'll be drafted at the draft.
I don't know if Ferraro is necessarily gone but based on this I think we can safely assume Grier is open to trading him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't know if Ferraro is necessarily gone but based on this I think we can safely assume Grier is open to trading him.
At this point I would be absolutely SHOCKED if 38 is still on the team come the first game of the 24-25 regular season. Too much smoke. He very clearly could have said one single solitary positive thing about Mario and his rumors but chose not to.

Reactions: Hodge

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At this point I would be absolutely SHOCKED if 38 is still on the team come the first game of the 24-25 regular season. Too much smoke. He very clearly could have said one single solitary positive thing about Mario and his rumors but chose not to.
I think you’re reading too much into it. Personally I think a lot of it is just getting ahead of the inevitable “this guy is good and old therefore sharks are looking to trade him” so Couture can focus on getting healthy and not worrying about where he’s going to play next season.

My opinion on Ferraro is that Grier is listening but not actively shopping him. If a team comes to him with an offer he probably sets the price high. If someone matches that price sure maybe he moves him but I don’t think it’s a realistic price.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think you’re reading too much into it. Personally I think a lot of it is just getting ahead of the inevitable “this guy is good and old therefore sharks are looking to trade him” so Couture can focus on getting healthy and not worrying about where he’s going to play next season.

My opinion on Ferraro is that Grier is listening but not actively shopping him. If a team comes to him with an offer he probably sets the price high. If someone matches that price sure maybe he moves him but I don’t think it’s a realistic price.
You know he could have just had that conversation in private.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You know he could have just had that conversation in private.
Yeah and reports would have continued. I mean look at Timo for example. For a straight year it felt like there was a new report each week about if he was available or not. With his 10 seconds of saying we like him he’s not available now those reports aren’t there.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah and reports would have continued. I mean look at Timo for example. For a straight year it felt like there was a new report each week about if he was available or not. With his 10 seconds of saying we like him he’s not available now those reports aren’t there.
Sorry. I think it was a colossal waste of time based on one single passing mention in a report by a two-bit hack. There's been absolutely no other mentions anywhere about the "possibility" and if anything, Grier probably got more people talking about it than if he just ignored it.

Reactions: TealManV

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sorry. I think it was a colossal waste of time based on one single passing mention in a report by a two-bit hack. There's been absolutely no other mentions anywhere about the "possibility" and if anything, Grier probably got more people talking about it than if he just ignored it.
I mean I agree but I really do think it was to get ahead of the inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad