NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This team. MAN do I miss them. The hitting. The passing. We had it so good didn't we?

We should have at least 1 more cup.

The LA Kings wound up winning the Cup in 2012 and 2014 partly because Boston got knocked out early. Losing to the Hawks in 2013 was tough but 2019 was the one that hurts the most.

2011 was simply a magical 8 weeks that rivals what the 2004 Red Sox did in 12 days.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Im not really rooting for anyone.
I want to see Cats-Rags series go 7 in a blood bath like Battle of the Bastards.
I wouldnt mind seeing McDavid win one. Would cause Matthews binkys heads to explode. A plus.
f*** the Canucks.
I am mostly in agreement. I used to like Canucks pre-2011, no longer.

I would have been cool with Colorado winning again. I just don’t like Dallas.

Edmonton
Florida
NY
Vancouver
Dallas

I think the boards will at least be fun to read if Vancouver wins.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Dallas for me all the way, I like how they play, great combination of skill and physicality. Would also like to see Pavelski finally hoist a cup.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Im not really rooting for anyone.
I want to see Cats-Rags series go 7 in a blood bath like Battle of the Bastards.
I wouldnt mind seeing McDavid win one. Would cause Matthews binkys heads to explode. A plus.
f*** the Canucks.

I watch the playoffs to the end regardless of whose playing, just hoping Edmonton pulls it out tomorrow, Oilers-Stars would be fun. Like others, I like Pavelski a lot, Otter as well.

Canada and Switzerland are 2-2 on NHLN, the Swiss just missed a penalty shot. The PWHL ladies are on NESN at 5 p.m.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
tough loss for the Canucks with Boeser`s health concern.

Sorry for posting the below but not sure where it may fit in best

Had a fun dinner last night with my wife`s cousin and her new hubby, former Flyers 2nd round pick from way back in 1998, Jason Beckett, real nice guy. Told me that prior to playing for Seattle for his first game (WHL), someone from the Flyers insisted he better get familiar with being a guy who`ll drop the gloves as it`s the only way he`ll make the NHL.

He said he was totally uncomfortable with this, not that he was afraid, it just wasn`t part of his game, went on to take over 200+ PIM`s in his first year and almost hit the same minutes for the next two as well.

Never caught on on Philly, was in the Preds and Wild orgs for a bit but went over to Europe to play, real nice fella

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

:help:
I hope he is truly healthy but I will never not be nervous watching him play anymore.

bad-juju-this-very-bad-juju.png

Reactions: Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

:help:
I hope he is truly healthy but I will never not be nervous watching him play anymore.

Yeah I am not a fan of this. I'm happy that he's healthy again don't misunderstand me but playing in the NHL again? Nope.

However we know some NHL team will probably take a chance and so will he. :(

Reactions: Gordoff

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
We will always have THIS Game 6 at home

Watching that was both exhilarating and sad. What a team that was. Thankful to have witnessed them play.

I have to note this, I love Tim Thomas as much as anyone alive, but people forget the Bruins scored 21 goals in their 4 wins that series. 21.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad