NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 2 & the Field of Eight

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
TB/FLA. Suppose I'll flip between this and the Celtics game for a bit tonight. Be funny if Tampa won and forced game 6 and Bruins end up winning in 5 tomorrow though. . .

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Didn't Tampa have a 1-0 lead when I turned that on my other TV? Why do they have zero goals now?

I'm a Providence College fan and was bummed when Nate Leahman narrowly missed getting an NHL job and this dude got the Flyers gig. He's lucky he lasted this long. Feel bad for Nate he's still stuck at PC.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I agree with the no goal call.

It has nothing to do with being "soft" or "weak". It's a rule. The foot in the crease impedes Bobrovsky from attempting to make a play on the puck with his glove hand. Allowing guys to be in the crease affecting the goaltender's movement in any way is not a line that should be blurred. Any further at least.

I've disagreed with calls before but not this one.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Think this is also goalie interference.

You have a guy knocking out the stick of Bobrovsky as he engages in a battle with the defender. It's Cirelli who tries to spin off of the defender that causes that. And again, in the crease.

This is definitely not always called consistently. But both of these have been called exactly how it should ALWAYS be called IMO

edit: also think they should get rid of the "2 minute penalty for bad challenge" on goal/no goal decisions. If it's a question, just do a review period, no challenge from either bench necessary.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Fla moving on unless a miracle happens, they definitely are the better and more deserving team but the refs took any steam Tampa had multiple times. They had enough pp’s to win though if they weren’t trash.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The better team certainly won the series but TB still got shafted hard tonight. Those disallowed goals are an embarrassment to the NHL, the league has to be better then this.

They got them both right IMO.

In both instances, the goaltender's movement within the crease is limited by however small of a margin. In the first one, the player's skate in the crease CLEARLY prevents Bobrovsky from making the play on the puck laying in front of him. In the second, the offensive player battling in front of the net spins to get away into Bobrovsky and knocks his stick out of his hand.

The goaltender's movement is limited (again, by whatever tiny degree it may be) by an opposing player in the crease on his own volition.

I don't want a reversion to Tim Taylor's toe in the crease on the other side of the shot being called back. But a hard line on contact within the crease is A-ok with me.

I guess I'm stressing there are opinions (such as mine) that don't reflect the majority of those who seem to be posting in this thread. The echo chambers supporting your opinion may make it feel like the league itself is an "embarrassment" because it feels like a consensus viewpoint that the league is ignoring, but it isn't.

There's a reason fans across every league in the world think their refs are the "worst" and it's because there isn't an acceptance that there is an angle beyond one's own. Sometimes referees flat out miss calls. More often though, it's the fans who are looking at it with the skewed viewpoint.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
They got them both right IMO.

In both instances, the goaltender's movement within the crease is limited by however small of a margin. In the first one, the player's skate in the crease CLEARLY prevents Bobrovsky from making the play on the puck laying in front of him with his puck. In the second, the offensive player battling in front of the net spins to get away into Bobrovsky and knocks his stick out.

The goaltender's movement is limited (again, by whatever tiny degree it may be) by an opposing player in the crease on his own volition.

I don't want a reversion to Tim Taylor's toe in the crease on the other side of the shot being called back. But a hard line on contact within the crease is A-ok with me.

Respectively disagree, Bobrovsky made next to no effort to fight through that minimal contact. Bobrovsky is also notorious for " having his stick knocked out of his hand ". Goalies are getting way too much protection, the changes that were made to protect them are now being abused, minimal contact should be allowed if the goalie dosen't make any effort to fight through the traffic.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Respectively disagree, Bobrovsky made next to no effort to fight through that minimal contact. Bobrovsky is also notorious for " having his stick knocked out of his hand ". Goalies are getting way too much protection, the changes that were made to protect them are now being abused, minimal contact should be allowed if the goalie dosen't make any effort to fight through the traffic.

“Minimal” contact is subjective. Contact is not.

If people want rules enforced with any consistency, you need rules written as cut and dry as possible. How is officiating ever going to satisfy the masses if things just boil down to individual interpretation and judgment when it doesn’t need to?

Reactions: KWbruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad