NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
So you expect Hockey Night in CANADA to show Chara lifting the Cup? By the way, that's not iconic anywhere but in Boston.

I believe they still show the iconic Bobby Orr Cup winning goal every Saturday night, no?
Why wouldn't Chara lifting the Cup be iconic? It was very primal when he lifted it up over his head. I had never seen anything quite like it. He seemed to struggle a bit to get it over his head (shoulder injury?) And that beard! He looked like a psychotic Lumberjack! If it's not iconic, then it should be, as it was one of the all time great Stanley Cup Finals in modern history.

HNIC has no problem showing footage of Toews or Pietrangelo (when he was with the Blues) lifting the Cup.

You do make a valid point about Orr. However, you have to understand that he is the most respected Bruin by far in Canada. Honestly, I've never heard a fan from another team (Montreal, Toronto, etc..) say anything negative about him.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Why wouldn't Chara lifting the Cup be iconic? It was very primal when he lifted it up over his head. I had never seen anything quite like it. He seemed to struggle a bit to get it over his head (shoulder injury?) And that beard! He looked like a psychotic Lumberjack! If it's not iconic, then it should be, as it was one of the all time great Stanley Cup Finals in modern history.

HNIC has no problem showing footage of Toews or Pietrangelo (when he was with the Blues) lifting the Cup.

You do make a valid point about Orr. However, you have to understand that he is the most respected Bruin by far in Canada. Honestly, I've never heard a fan from another team (Montreal, Toronto, etc..) say anything negative about him.

It's Canada. 3 out of the 6 teams can't stand the Bruins, and the two largest fanbases really, really, really can't stand them. Plus, Chara's a Slovak, which automatically makes him not a "good Canadian boy".

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Wow, Alexx not gonna sell many records after that one.

Jack N not hitting that drum enough times to make that sound. Think they should have played the recording for both.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Florida gotten overconfident?

Lots of time left in the game but they don’t look like the same team from the first 3 games

I hope they earn their way back into this one if they do win and not through more ‘game management’ from the refs…..

With that if Edmonton gets the next one it’s over

Reactions: badbrewin

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal

Lots of time left in the game but they don’t look like the same team from the first 3 games

I hope they earn their way back into this one if they do win and not through more ‘game management’ from the refs…..

I don't think it's as much overconfidence as it is the Oilers figuring out how to effectively use their speed to get through the cats' suffocating forecheck. Still a ways to go but really hope the cats sh!t the bed from here on in.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Looks like it.

I want Edmonton to win

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
It's less that the Oilers are playing lights out and more the Panthers got over confident

And as I type this the Mouthguard scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad