NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Pretty lame response, I like tough hockey.

Its funny reading the winey Bruins fans upset at Florida for becoming us , they are what we used to be.

Since when did opinion and liking a player become aggression? Everyone needs a hug these days.

When you employed Brad Marchand you have no say in calling out dirty players, period.

Bennett is a cub scout compare to the shit Brad has done in his career, BOTH are studs that every team wishes , oops Im mean want to have.

Anyway looking forward to seeing who we draft in the first round.

lets hope, so we can get on with next seasons plans
Who doesn't like tough hockey?

Bottom line is I don't understand why you give a shit whether anybody else likes Bennett or not.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I get what you are saying about nasty hockey and don't necessarily disagree. But people have a legitimate reason to really dislike Bennett -- just as half the League hated Marchand, Lucic, Horton, etc, etc, etc.

Plus, when you say things like "sorry if he hurt your feelings", you sound a bit like a schoolboy with a crush. I'd ease off on the aggression -- because you can wish all you want but Sam Bennett isn't going to play in Boston anytime soon.
I actually advocated for the Bruins to trade for Bennett when he was available. Actually first wanted the Bruins to somehow get him after his 2015 playoffs. That’s why I just brushed his reply off - that and my Bennett comment was obviously a harmless joke lol

I didn’t realize how much of a spot-picker Bennett is, though. He bullies guys like Lindholm into fights and spears guys in the junk when they’re down, yet never squares up with anyone remotely tough. Funny how people are ripping on some here claiming he plays like a 2011 Bruin but all he reminds me of nowadays is that sore loser on the Canucks that ran Ference without the puck and gave McQuaid a nut-shot because he was losing. So tough.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Pretty lame response, I like tough hockey.

Its funny reading the winey Bruins fans upset at Florida for becoming us , they are what we used to be.

Since when did opinion and liking a player become aggression? Everyone needs a hug these days.

When you employed Brad Marchand you have no say in calling out dirty players, period.

Bennett is a cub scout compare to the shit Brad has done in his career, BOTH are studs that every team wishes , oops Im mean want to have.

Anyway looking forward to seeing who we draft in the first round.

lets hope, so we can get on with next seasons plans
They ain't us. Sure, Bennett has nothing on Brad, but other than that, for the umpteenth time, we weren't whiney little pukes who dove, snapped their heads back at the slightest contact, rolled around on the ice and went running to the dressing room in order to milk a call, and skated around in scrums with smirks on their faces and then ducked and covered and run and hid anytime anyone wanted to do anything about it. We were big, mean, nasty sons of bitches who hit, hit hard and hit to hurt and stood up for themselves and their teammates at every provocation. Hockey's a tough, mean and nasty sport and we played tough, mean and nasty hockey, and we all loved it. Again, for the umpteenth time, there's a difference between that and the whiney little puke Florida Panthers. I just wish we had have been as fast and unrelenting as they are.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
DAMN. I got my wires crossed with the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals. I edited my original post. Thanks for the correction.

It really sucks as fan of not Panthers/Oilers because I want the offseason to begin and trades/signings/etc. to break. Even a flood of rumors would be nice

Draft can't come soon enough

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think that, because there was a huge flood in Broward last week, the NBA Final game and NHL Final game *could* possibly fall in the same day. Like, if the flood causes further interruptions to the Panthers home stadium. I think that's what the poster was saying.

I like trying to figure out his posts sometimes. Sometimes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
didn`t he go from the Hawks to the Canes for DaHaan or someone? Can`t recall 100%, then the Canes, I think , put him on waivers and now he`s this? Crazy

Forsling had some struggles but looked promising as Hawk. His biggest supporter was Quennville and Forsling fell into the power struggle between Q and Bowman over roster management. Q wanted him up, Bowman wanted him in Rockford

Forsling was injured to start out 18-19 season and thus missed start of year but was slated to be on Hawks roster. 15 games into season Q was fired and Bowman promoted Colliton from AHL where he only had 1 season under his belt and limited time with Forsling in AHL

As 1st season went along both Forsling and our 19 yr old rookie who Q liked and put on NHL roster to start year (Jokiharju) both were relegated to Colliton doghouse. Colliton made clear to Bowman neither young defender was type of defender he wanted on his NHL team

Within a few weeks in offseason both Forsling and Joker were traded

Forsling never played a game for Canes his only season in organization spending it in AHL. They later put him on waivers before start of covid related shortened season. Panthers at urging of Q claimed him

Days later Forsling was on Panther's 2nd pairing for their season opener ironically vs Blackhawks. Forsling played 21+ minutes that night and has been firmly entrenched in Panther's top 4 ever since

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Forsling had some struggles but looked promising as Hawk. His biggest supporter was Quennville and Forsling fell into the power struggle between Q and Bowman over roster management. Q wanted him up, Bowman wanted him in Rockford

Forsling was injured to start out 18-19 season and thus missed start of year but was slated to be on Hawks roster. 15 games into season Q was fired and Bowman promoted Colliton from AHL where he only had 1 season under his belt and limited time with Forsling in AHL

As 1st season went along both Forsling and our 19 yr old rookie who Q liked and put on NHL roster to start year (Jokiharju) both were relegated to Colliton doghouse. Colliton made clear to Bowman neither young defender was type of defender he wanted on his NHL team

Within a few weeks in offseason both Forsling and Joker were traded

Forsling never played a game for Canes his only season in organization spending it in AHL. They later put him on waivers before start of covid related shortened season. Panthers at urging of Q claimed him

Days later Forsling was on Panther's 2nd pairing for their season opener ironically vs Blackhawks. Forsling played 21+ minutes that night and has been firmly entrenched in Panther's top 4 ever since
awesome info, thanks friend, crazy the road he`s taken to the NHL, just goes to show, career isn`t over if it`s not successful in the first spot you land and keep working hard, Bowman was such a hot mess in Chicago

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
NBA crew look sad. Except for one.
1718716449125.png

• Haha
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Why's that?
Because they're historically anti-Bruin (there have been a handful of exceptions, i.e. Don Cherry, Gary Galley to name a few). How often does Sportsnet use the iconic footage of Chara lifting the Cup lifting the Cup? (answer: never), but they do like to use the clip of Marchand crying after the SCF loss in 2019 in promos and intros. During the Bruins' 2019 playoff run, HNIC was all in for the Canes, and then the Blues. It's like 2011 never happened.

F#@% 'em. Seriously, F#@% 'em!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Because they're historically anti-Bruin (there have been a handful of exceptions, i.e. Don Cherry, Gary Galley to name a few). How often does Sportsnet use the iconic footage of Chara lifting the Cup lifting the Cup? (answer: never), but they do like to use the clip of Marchand crying after the SCF loss in 2019 in promos and intros. During the Bruins' 2019 playoff run, HNIC was all in for the Canes, and then the Blues. It's like 2011 never happened.

F#@% 'em. Seriously, F#@% 'em!

So you expect Hockey Night in CANADA to show Chara lifting the Cup? By the way, that's not iconic anywhere but in Boston.

I believe they still show the iconic Bobby Orr Cup winning goal every Saturday night, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad