NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bobrovsky losing four straight to Skinner is an incredibly unlikely feat, but hell, Edmonton's kind of made it through the hardest part which is game 5 on the road. Now they're at home with momentum. I could see them winning tonight. And if they win tonight, then anything can happen in a game 7, especially when you have McDavid.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Bobrovsky losing four straight to Skinner is an incredibly unlikely feat, but hell, Edmonton's kind of made it through the hardest part which is game 5 on the road. Now they're at home with momentum. I could see them winning tonight. And if they win tonight, then anything can happen in a game 7, especially when you have McDavid.
I agree with your assessment, but game 6 is tomorrow not tonight.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The last time Edmonton lost three straight during this past season they then went on a 16 game win streak

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
download.jpg

Reactions: Ladyfan

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm in Houston, which isn't a big hockey town (yet). Today I had three people surprisingly ask me out the Stanley Cup Final. It's only anecdotal, but if McDavid drags this to a Game Seven, Monday will be a great night for the league.

I recently caught the last Behind the B. The clip of Ryan Lomberg congratulating Brandon Carlo on the birth of his child was phenomenal. I love seeing that kind of sportsmanship.

Also interesting watching Bennett explain his hit on Marchand to Pat Maroon.

The Barclay Goodrow waiver claim was surprising. Like those old-school front loaded contracts, it appears to be legal; so I don't know that the NHLPA can do anything about it.

But I do wonder if free agents may shun Chris Drury out of solidarity? I know money talks, and New York is a desirable market to play in. I'm just wondering if we haven't heard the last of it.

And I still haven't figured out why Washington took on PLD's contract. I know he's a center and there's always the hope he'll thrive in the right situation. But he's been perceived as a malcontent on three teams already.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm in Houston, which isn't a big hockey town (yet). Today I had three people surprisingly ask me out the Stanley Cup Final. It's only anecdotal, but if McDavid drags this to a Game Seven, Monday will be a great night for the league.

I recently caught the last Behind the B. The clip of Ryan Lomberg congratulating Brandon Carlo on the birth of his child was phenomenal. I love seeing that kind of sportsmanship.

The Barclay Goodrow waiver claim was surprising. Like those old-school front loaded contracts, it appears to be legal; so I don't know that the NHLPA can do anything about it.

But I do wonder if free agents may shun Chris Drury out of solidarity? I know money talks, and New York is a desirable market to play in. I'm just wondering if we haven't heard the last of it.

And I still haven't figured out why Washington took on PLD's contract. I know he's a center and there's always the hope he'll thrive in the right situation. But he's been perceived as a malcontent on three teams already.

People keep asking you out to the Stanley Cup Final? I'm jealous. You should accept! :D

Yeah the whole Dubois-Kuemper trade is an odd one. It's really trading one underwhelming player for another one, except that Kuemper is at least an arguably sensible attempt to answer a need the Kings have and is on a reasonable deal, whereas Dubois doesn't seem a good fit for the Caps at all. They need an injection of speed and quick puck movement, and PLD offers very little of that. Plus he has that awful contract. Guessing Washington are banking on the greater up side paying off down the road, but it's a big gamble.

Reactions: Aeroforce

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

No one is shunning Drury or the Rangers over this. But you can be darn sure agents will push harder for No-moves over No-trades when dealing with them.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

If there is any team that can deal with a malcontent superstar, its Washington.
They've been doing it for years now...

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If there is any team that can deal with a malcontent superstar, its Washington.
They've been doing it for years now...

Problem is PLD isnt close to a superstar. Hell, his production arguably doesn't outweigh the headaches. He's Debrusk is a little better point totals and a lot more floating.

Being out from that contract makes the trade an automatic W for LA

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Problem is PLD isnt close to a superstar. Hell, his production arguably doesn't outweigh the headaches. He's Debrusk is a little better point totals and a lot more floating.

Being out from that contract makes the trade an automatic W for LA
He will be a pain in the ass to play against on that team and my guess he will be a very good player for the Caps regardless of the $

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Florida needs to hurry up and win so we can finally move onward to the off-season

Can you explain how anything that happens right now is determining our ability to “move onward”? There’s this really intriguing series unfolding and you keep writing posts that you want it to all be over as soon as possible. It is bizarre.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Can you explain how anything that happens right now is determining our ability to “move onward”? There’s this really intriguing series unfolding and you keep writing posts that you want it to all be over as soon as possible. It is bizarre.
Maybe just maybe they don't care about Florida or Edmonton or the series for that matter?

What's so bizarre about that? Next season starts when the series ends.

Reactions: Mione134

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

plus, why are we in such a hurry for go through 3 months of being linked to everyone under the sun but coming back in October to the same roster with different JAGs? Do folks think the Bruins are actually going to be players and make a move of consequence in the offseason?

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad