Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
There is no signing Duclair and Stamkos anymore. Duclair will get ~4 million from someone in ufa. Moving Sheary and Jeannot gives Tampa enough room for Stamkos and a couple of ufa's in the 1-1.5 range, after factoring in the other roster spots.
That’s our problem we need two top six forwards one would be stamkos and then we still need another one deadline then ?

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
No one has mentioned the possibility that the asking price to take Sheary and/or Jeannot off our hands might be too much for JBB to accept. Gone are the days we had the talent pool in the pipeline to throw in a prospect or two as incentive. If we give up any of our prospects now, we are setting ourselves further back than if we just accept that we cannot sign Stamkos AND a capable supporting roster.
That being typed, if the fan base is good with the core six taking 2/3rds of the Cap Space and using what little is left to fill out the roster, then so be it.
Just don't come complaining when the bottom tier NHL players and players who should be in the AHL cannot support the high-priced core and the Lightning are one and done if they make the playoffs in 24-25.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
That’s our problem we need two top six forwards one would be stamkos and then we still need another one deadline then ?
Tampa was likely never going to get everything. Either they were going to get Stamkos plus fringe 4/5 type dman and 3.x middle 6 F, sacrifice on defense and get two top 6 F, or let Stamkos walk and still get one top 6 F and a couple lesser F's,or two higher end middle 6F (one at ~3 and one around 4). Since improving on defense was definitely the priority, getting two top 6 F's was always very unlikely. I thought they might be able to get someone like Chatfield and a Fin the Duclair/Sprong/Foegele range at F, in addition to Stamkos, but JBB wanted the overall better dman.

Now it's just a matter if either keeping Stamkos, or if not, likely finding g a good top 6 ufa F in the price range that Tampa could have. Names like JAM, Duchene, Toffoli, Tarasenko, Teräväinen could be options if Stamkos walks, or two guys from among a group like Duclair, Sprong, Foegele, Domi, Noesen, Martinook, Amadio, Roslovic etc. There will be options either way, depending on how JBB wants the team to look.

Reactions: Hoek and Crunchrulz

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Crazy idea but i wouldnt hate it. Trade Cirelli, Cernak, and Jeannot to Winnipeg for Ehlers, McGroarty, and Appleton. Sign Stamkos to a 5 year deal at 5.25m AAV, Sign Motte to a 2 year 900k AAV deal, Dump Sheary with a 2nd or 3rd to someone, sign a RHD with the remaining 3.5m in cap and win a cup again

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Crazy idea but i wouldnt hate it. Trade Cirelli, Cernak, and Jeannot to Winnipeg for Ehlers, McGroarty, and Appleton. Sign Stamkos to a 5 year deal at 5.25m AAV, Sign Motte to a 2 year 900k AAV deal, Dump Sheary with a 2nd or 3rd to someone, sign a RHD with the remaining 3.5m in cap and win a cup again
I don't hate it but I don't think Stamkos is taking $5.25 million and I don't think Winnipeg is gonna part with Ehlers AND McGroarty for that package. They might bite for Sergachev but I'm skeptical. But that's definitely the right track and I'm with you there

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I don't hate it but I don't think Stamkos is taking $5.25 million and I don't think Winnipeg is gonna part with Ehlers AND McGroarty for that package. They might bite for Sergachev but I'm skeptical. But that's definitely the right track and I'm with you there
i mean both guys want out of Winnipeg ad Ehlers only has 1 year left. Them getting 2 guys locked up long term and still under 28 is really good for them. Stamkos is probably a bit of a stretch but even signing a RHD like Hakanpaa and a bottom 6 guy like Lafferty, we could still have almost 1.5m in cap if we move Perbix as well

snip (64).png

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Terrible value for us, 1 year of Ehlers, a prospect who's never played an NHL game and Appleton who's a UFA next year as well? So in 1 year what we have to show for losing Cirelli and Cernak is possibly McGroarty? lol... Ehlers is a complete playoff ghost with injury history as well, why wouldn't you just bring Duclair back for cheaper...

Trading Cernak for "injury history" and then proposing a deal for a guy who's played less games in the last 3 years is crazy.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We've gone from having Cirelli as the luxury item at forward to having Sergachev as the luxury item on defense. We seriously can't roll this anyone. One has to go. We need to get stronger up front and Nick Paul checking out by November isn't gonna cut it

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
an all time JBB move would be to announce Stamkos signing and a major trade during the 3rd period tonight

Reactions: Todd1a
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad