Prospect Info: [2023 - 165th] Filip Eriksson (Allsvenskan - Nybro Vikings IF)

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018

Filip Eriksson – Centre – Växjö Lakers HC J20 #24​

Filip Eriksson at eliteprospects.com

MY BIGGEST SLEEPER in the later rounds. Lost most of his season to a scaphoid fracture and couldn’t really garner any consistency and didn’t get the chance to earn any international looks by way of bulk playing time and views.

Eriksson is a smart, up-tempo elusive centreman that oozes class through the neutral and offensive zones.

His skating, puck control and offensive vision are at high levels already. There aren’t many in the J20 league that can keep up with him once he’s in a lane in full stride. The top-end speed, acceleration and control at his top speed is a great watch, honestly.

The ability to extend plays, recover to soft areas and find his own scoring chances is also a mouth-watering feature.

Although not a huge man, he uses his speed and anticipation to great use, finding a hardness to his game. Beating defenders and forwards alike to battles, gaining inside positional leverage and usually skating his way from danger.

There’s some refinement needed defensively, but that will come with reps. He’s inked with Växjö in the SHL this upcoming season, I love what that league will do for his defensive development and confidence.

But in terms of what he brings, have teams haven’t had the chance to fully see what his arsenal is equipped with? I’m not sure. But I hope the Avs’ have. Could be a home run pick at 155.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

MY BIGGEST SLEEPER in the later rounds. Lost most of his season to a scaphoid fracture and couldn’t really garner any consistency and didn’t get the chance to earn any international looks by way of bulk playing time and views.

Eriksson is a smart, up-tempo elusive centreman that oozes class through the neutral and offensive zones.

His skating, puck control and offensive vision are at high levels already. There aren’t many in the J20 league that can keep up with him once he’s in a lane in full stride. The top-end speed, acceleration and control at his top speed is a great watch, honestly.

The ability to extend plays, recover to soft areas and find his own scoring chances is also a mouth-watering feature.

Although not a huge man, he uses his speed and anticipation to great use, finding a hardness to his game. Beating defenders and forwards alike to battles, gaining inside positional leverage and usually skating his way from danger.

There’s some refinement needed defensively, but that will come with reps. He’s inked with Växjö in the SHL this upcoming season, I love what that league will do for his defensive development and confidence.

But in terms of what he brings, have teams haven’t had the chance to fully see what his arsenal is equipped with? I’m not sure. But I hope the Avs’ have. Could be a home run pick at 155.
Surprised there's actually an article on him somewhere.

In the 6th round, seems like a decent home run swing.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Seems good for a 6th rounder.

PPG in J20 and was playing SHL playoff games. Didn't play much this year (must have been injury related). I like it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Interesting. Scaphoid fracture, if not a complicated one, heal very good but takes at least 3 months (it's the bone with the longest healing time in the entire body).

So he basically lost a season but with no impact on his wrist. I like this pick.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Växjö's GM after Filip signed a senior contract with only 12 minutes in the SHL (they could've waited to hand him it until he reached 100 minutes as a U20):

Filip got the opportunity to show himself in the senior-team during practice games and did it in a way that made us convinced he has a big future as a hockey player. It's not often you see such a young player with that kind of understanding for the game.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
IMG_7735.jpg

Got our ppg guy :sarcasm:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

perfect use of a late pick...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
In J20 Nationel last year, he was 9th in PPG. He missed almost all year to injury.

And looking back at his stats at every level, he's been a PPG player or more almost evert year.
Do we have some highlights?

Can’t find anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad