Prospect Info: Florian Xhekaj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
AHL so I get to watch him play with the other kids. Development schmelevopment.

He seems really confident out there I found. Good heads up plays, calm.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While he certainly could use more time in the OHL, as his lower body strength isn't there yet, but they signed him a year early so clearly the plan is Laval with the backup being OHL. They would burn a year off his ELC and he would count against the 50 contract limit, so to me since there was no rush to sign him, they did it with the plan of AHL if it goes well and OHL if it doesn't. So we'll see how camp goes when it starts up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While he certainly could use more time in the OHL, as his lower body strength isn't there yet, but they signed him a year early so clearly the plan is Laval with the backup being OHL. They would burn a year off his ELC and he would count against the 50 contract limit, so to me since there was no rush to sign him, they did it with the plan of AHL if it goes well and OHL if it doesn't. So we'll see how camp goes when it starts up.
They signed his brother and sent him back as an overager...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They signed his brother and sent him back as an overager...

They had to sign him or they wouldn't own his rights and they had to send him back to the OHL because he didn't play a single game the previous year due to covid.

Of course they will 100% send Florian back to the OHL, but I would bet everything I own that Hughes/Gorton plan when they signed him was Laval but if he struggles at camp then they will have no problem sending him to the OHL like Mesar last year.

Reactions: overlords and Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So he's at 196 lbs now? Still way too thin and in the rookie camp he still looks like the lower body needs a good bit of work still so he can bounce off checks in the AHL.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad