Pre-Game Talk: 2022 World Junior Hockey Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The bunch of dummies thought they could pull this off with a modified bubble in a country that has strict restrictions during the peak of the most contagious variant yet. WTF did they expect?

The bubble like they had last year was the only possible solution or move it to the States and it's not like they didn't see this coming as Omicron has been on the radar for about a month now. Total incompetents.

Last edited:

Apr 29, 2017
IIHF? This was a Alberta requirement to make this tournament run in Alberta, the IIHF has to follow Alberta rules.
How have the Oilers been able to play with multiple players on the Covid list if it’s “Alberta rules”?

Reactions: Kleefeld

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IIHF? This was a Alberta requirement to make this tournament run in Alberta, the IIHF has to follow Alberta rules.

Nope. IIHF created the protocols not Alberta. This is a result of their completely ridiculous planning and protocols. I hope the tournament organizers (the Oilers) sue them for damages.

Alberta created the ridiculous fan restrictions when Covid cases are disappearing from hospitals and the ICU (down 19 to 50 since they announced them)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

What a complete joke. I have two friends hit with this variant and they said they are totally fine. That is the point of a FUC**ING VACCINE. MY GOD!!!! I guess life will just never get back to normal. The common cold is making people more sick than this new variant and yet still cancelling sports lmao. What a joke.

I’m sure there are lots that disagree with me here and will flame me. Go ahead. I won’t respond. So damn sick of “Covid”

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
False. Alberta rules don’t require daily testing or anything of the sort. Hell in Alberta you can’t even get a normal covid test unless you HAVE symptoms. Only rapid tests. That and even if you are a close contact of someone with covid, no test unless you have symptoms.

This is entirely the IIHF

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What a complete joke. I have two friends hit with this variant and they said they are totally fine. That is the point of a FUC**ING VACCINE. MY GOD!!!! I guess life will just never get back to normal. The common cold is making people more sick than this new variant and yet still cancelling sports lmao. What a joke.

I’m sure there are lots that disagree with me here and will flame me. Go ahead. I won’t respond. So damn sick of “Covid”
Totally agree. We can't shut down society forever. But that's kind of the plan I'm thinking. NHL will not be far behind.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

F2C7F9C0-3C5E-442F-95E0-A23853AFF5E2.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Totally agree. We can't shut down society forever. But that's kind of the plan I'm thinking. NHL will not be far behind.

NHL will power through even if it means Canadian teams playing in empty buildings, every player, coach and official getting it, unbalanced schedules, and a shortened season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad