2022 Prospect Poll #3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' #3 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
RESULTS SO FAR:
  1. Owen Power, D (--): 86/103 votes (83.5%). Runner up: Jack Quinn (11 votes).
  2. Jack Quinn, F (+2): 65/78 votes (83.3%). Runner up: Devon Levi (4 votes).
RULES: Each poll will remain open for 2 days. In the case of a tie within the top 10, I'll create a 1-day runoff poll to decide the winner. Ties outside of the top 10 will be left as ties. For each additional poll, I will add the most commented next to add prospect.

ELIGIBILITY: All players whose rights are held by the Buffalo Sabres and who are eligible to win the Calder Trophy for the 2022-23 season are eligible inclusion. That means a prospect is eligible if--
  • He is under age 26 (as of September 15, 2022);
  • He has played no more than 25 games in any single preceding season; and
  • He has not played 6 or more games in each of any two or more preceding seasons.
NEXT TO ADD: Comment the player you want to see added to the next poll. The following players are eligible:
  • Forwards: Viktor Neuchev, Olivier Nadeau, Prokhor Poltapov, Alexander Kisakov, Tyson Kozak, Filip Cederqvist, Linus Sjodin, Lukas Rousek, Matej Pekar, Linus Weissbach, Aaron Huglen, Matteo Costantini, Gustav Karlsson, Jake Richard, Joel Berndtsson, Stiven Sardaryan, Viljami Marjala, William von Barnekow, Jakub Konecny, Brett Murray, Vasili Glotov
  • Defensemen: Nikita Novikov, Mats Lindgren, Oskari Laaksonen, Vsemolod Komarov, Albert Lyckasen, Philip Nyberg
  • Goalies: Topias Leinonen
Bloom just narrowly edged out Poltapov, Novikov, Neuchev, Nadeau, and Kisakov in the last round.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m voting Savoie because I’m weighing just pure unadulterated talent over development of players that have had more years….but I wouldn’t argue with anyone voting Peterka or Levi given what they’ve developed into. I just think Savoie in his draft plus 2 will be even further.

Add Poltapov

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Man this is tough between Savoie and JJP. I feel like I'm projecting Briere vs. Drury, stylistically. I don't expect either to be NHL centers.

Add Huglen.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I have a feeling that Levi is our next Ryan Miller. And absolutely love Peterka's game.

But the correct answer on this one is Savoie. Add Nadeau.

I'm gonna keep adding Nadeau cuz I think he has a better chance of making our roster as 3 or 4 RW then some of the other more talented players who might not have a niche.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Savoie based on talent and potential. Peterka is further along in his development and will be the more valuable player for the next 2-3 years. After that I expect Savoie to be a dynamic top-six scoring FW, while Peterka is a solid and reliable two-way middle-six W.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Look what’s gotten into Poltapov since he was passed over for Josh Bloom in being added to the poll.

For the sake of player safety do the right thing this time

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Savoie is our prospect with the greatest high-end potential. JJP is furthest along and surest bet (after Quinn & Power). Levi/UPL fill the biggest hole. I went with the high-end potential.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I have a feeling that Levi is our next Ryan Miller. And absolutely love Peterka's game.

But the correct answer on this one is Savoie. Add Nadeau.

I'm gonna keep adding Nadeau cuz I think he has a better chance of making our roster as 3 or 4 RW then some of the other more talented players who might not have a niche.
Agree with all that. Not many Nadeau's in the stable.

Savoie add Nadeau

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Savoie is our prospect with the greatest high-end potential. JJP is furthest along and surest bet (after Quinn & Power). Levi/UPL fill the biggest hole. I went with the high-end potential.

Pretty much exactly my thinking. Savoie's ceiling gives him the edge here.

Add Neuchev.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I went with Peterka because the floor is already so high.

I’ll go with Leinonen again, mainly because I don’t know what to expect from the Russian guys.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
JJP, I went with the guy who will be a safe bet to reach his potential, showing already his ability to adapt in the AHL. One of our draft steals, much like Kulich this year.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I think power is that tier of his own, while Quinn/peterka/savoi/Levi are are universally agreed blue chip prospects. I think Quinn leads the group comfortably with his production and pedigree, but the next three are interchangeable

What a freaking top 5 prospect group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad