GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I frankly don't really get folks rooting for a team because it might move our draft position from 23 to 22. But since both of my teams either didn't get in (Ducks) or got eliminated (Bruins), I'll root for Colorado because I would like to see Cogs hoist the Cup; that's a good reason for me.

Reactions: Arthuros

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I don’t root for or against a team just for the pick, although it helps when on the fence.

Like everyone else, there are teams I really don’t like… Nashville, Boston, (a little less hate with Lindholm), Kings, Sharks.

Some series I go in with no preference or I’ll flip. I traditionally rooted against Edmonton, but I’ve soften a bit this year.

The playoffs this year have been so much fun to watch, especially the game 7’s, that I’m enjoying these weeks before it’s all gone.

John

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think the Flames, Avs, Panthers and probably the Canes advance. I want the Oilers, Blues, Panthers and Rangers to advance.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I frankly don't really get folks rooting for a team because it might move our draft position from 23 to 22. But since both of my teams either didn't get in (Ducks) or got eliminated (Bruins), I'll root for Colorado because I would like to see Cogs hoist the Cup; that's a good reason for me.
You don’t understand people rooting for a ducks first round pick to be as high as possible?

Reactions: Duck Off

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Ummm what? Why would a ducks fan not root for a scenario that helps their draft position?

Reactions: Duck Off

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I always root against Canada teams because I've always found their fans to have the percentage of assholes/trolls. Not all of them are obviously, just a larger percentage than normal. I especially root against Toronto and Edmonton.

My 2nd favorite team isn't in either so I don't have one I really want to win, more of a few I really don't want to win (Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, and LA in this year's playoffs). I was rooting against Boston because of our pick, but wouldn't have been that frustrated if they won. For Calgary/Edmonton, I'm really torn. Before reading it would help our draft pick if Edmonton won, I was for Calgary. Even still, I'm indifferent. I hope it goes 7 games and whatever team advances is swept the next round.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Ummm what? Why would a ducks fan not root for a scenario that helps their draft position?
I guess it's more that, at least for me, when I cheer for a team, I have a certain amount of emotion involved. Because I would like to see Cogs' name on the Cup, I won't root for a team to beat COL even if beating COL gets us to 22. Pick 22 or 23, what's the difference, really? But I suppose if someone has no emotional attachment to any of the teams left, then sure, whatever helps the Ducks.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd be cool with Calgary winning the cup because how much it'll piss off Toronto and Edmonton lol.
Canada cup drought ended by Calgary would hopefully make Toronto and Edmonton get desperate to acquire Gibson.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I guess it's more that, at least for me, when I cheer for a team, I have a certain amount of emotion involved. Because I would like to see Cogs' name on the Cup, I won't root for a team to beat COL even if beating COL gets us to 22. Pick 22 or 23, what's the difference, really? But I suppose if someone has no emotional attachment to any of the teams left, then sure, whatever helps the Ducks.

That's definitely something I'm sure everyone here weighs. I'd love to see Cogs and Hampus get a cup, but I'd probably approach them differently. So if Cogs was playing a team that if he lost our pick would go from 23 to 22, I'd probably root for him because he's likely on his last chance. However, Hampus has several years left so I'd prefer the better pick. The difference in 22 or 23 really depends on who's left when 22 comes around. If someone is falling unexpectedly, it's pretty significant to be one spot up in the first round.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't really care anymore but how the Bruins did had a pretty big effect on what that pick could be. I get why you'd want them to win but as many as 10 spots is pretty massive for me, someone without any other dog in the fight.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kuch embarrassed Ekblad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad