GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Colorado in 6
Calgary in 6
Florida in 7 (my bracket has Tampa in 7 but the Point injury will be the difference)
Carolina in 5

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Colorado in 6
Calgary in 6
Florida in 7 (my bracket has Tampa in 7 but the Point injury will be the difference)
Carolina in 5

I'm pretty content with the Rangers getting to the 2nd round, if they lose this series won't be the end of the world for me, and then can focus on the Ducks and Rangers off season.

If Point is out and it didn't look very good with that injury, Tampa is going to have a hard time against Florida. Also think Kucherov is hurting as well.

Reactions: Kalv

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Had to look up Giguere's stats from 2003 after last night's game. Oettinger pulled off an incredible .954 save percentage in this series, but Giggy's numbers are from a different dimension:

1st round vs. Detroit - .965 save percentage (6 goals on 171 shots)
3rd round vs. Minnesota - .992 save percentage (1 goal on 123 shots)

He had a .945 save percentage over 21 games.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Had to look up Giguere's stats from 2003 after last night's game. Oettinger pulled off an incredible .954 save percentage in this series, but Giggy's numbers are from a different dimension:

1st round vs. Detroit - .965 save percentage (6 goals on 171 shots)
3rd round vs. Minnesota - .992 save percentage (1 goal on 123 shots)

He had a .945 save percentage over 21 games.
It was also part of the dead puck Era. :/ would be Interesting to compare given the scoring increases since then.

Reactions: bsu

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Would be great to see the Flames knock off the Oilers. Not a native Calgarian but a lot of people here feel like this is the best chance they’ve had in a while.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I'm not thrilled at the prospect of one of the Alberta teams playing in the CF, but it'll be a hell of an exciting series. I think it comes down to Markstrom being good, and Mike Smith being Mike Smith, unless McD gets 3pts a night (which might not be out of the question either).

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Can't say I'm actually that excited for any of the teams remaining.

Yeah, it's getting a little difficult for me to find reasons to favor one team or oppose another.

Tampa for Perry and to see a threepeat.
Cats because their fans deserve it and everyone says they're exciting to watch.
Rangers because they're underdogs and @Leonardo87 can at least be happy with one of his teams.
Blues because it seemed like their team has some good character guys.

I guess I would oppose the Avs just because it would be hilarious if they didn't make it out of the second round again. But yeah, I don't know. Maybe someone could give us more reasons to favor or oppose the rest of the remaining teams?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Im rooting for CGY this next round just because I like the way the team is structured. After that, not rooting for a Canadian team.

Never liked the Rangers so rooting for Carolina who I've always seen as the Eat coast Ducks.
The Florida series I dont really have much rooting interest in but think it should be a good series as long as Tampa can stay healthy. Always liked Maroon and then Perry (duh) so thats pretty much the tie breaker for me.
Avs are stacked and SHOULD win. They seem like the only team that can take out CGY so pulling for them just so they can bounce CGY in the conference finals.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Blues Flames Panthers Canes

Blues Panthers

Panthers

Rooting for:
Panthers

Wouldn't mind:
Blues, Lightning

Could deal with:
Canes, Avs, possibly Rangers

Please God no:
Oilers, Flames, most likely Rangers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I got Calgary, Colorado, Florida and Carolina

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Penguins Out
Bruins Out
Queens Out
Leafs Out

Whatta first round!

I’m gonna be rooting for Florida all the way because I like Giroux and would love to see him lift a Cup.

Reactions: lwvs84

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Calgary, Blues, Lightning and Rags would be my preference as I have money on them. If not one of them, Florida would be my preference.

Tactical Quack

Mar 15, 2022
Avalanche have been my second favorite team for over a decade it’s been a treat to watch them and the panthers go through their rebuilds and land absolute studs in the draft… something we need extremely bad outside of Zegras who looks like he has the potential to be something special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad