GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
The best part about Toronto's failure is that Dubas is likely gone and the org will seek to completely restructure the team, starting with shedding salary and prima donnas.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
TEN STRAIGHT elimination game losses. Hard to fathom, even if you had to face a team with Tampa’s championship resilience

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm down to sign Perry to a 1 year retirement contract next season... He still can play is more useful than most we had in bottom 6. We are going to be awful and not competing anyway.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Leafs just have way too many “nice guys”

Marner got manhandled at the end there.

Even if they got some decent production from him in this series, signing Tavares at an 11M average is the obvious mistake in hindsight. He wasn't what they needed in a 2C behind Matthews and the money would roughly pay for both an adequate replacement and a top 4 D.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I know it's easy to have a good chuckle at the Leafs expense, but this year wasn't the same kind of meltdown for them as in previous years. They were the better team for a lot of this series. Against most teams that would have been good enough, but Tampa is just so battle tested they were able to weather the storm.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I know it's easy to have a good chuckle at the Leafs expense, but this year wasn't the same kind of meltdown for them as in previous years. They were the better team for a lot of this series. Against most teams that would have been good enough, but Tampa is just so battle tested they were able to weather the storm.

This series loss to Tampa is nothing to be ashamed of alone, but having all the resources/support they have and failing to win a playoff round for this long - just not good enough.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I'm down to sign Perry to a 1 year retirement contract next season... He still can play is more useful than most we had in bottom 6. We are going to be awful and not competing anyway.
He signed a two year deal with Tampa

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Nylander is the probable sacrifice in Toronto I'd guess. They wont be able to move Tavares.
The problem there is he's on such a reasonable AAV that there's almost no way their lineup gets better. With Marner at least they could probably use that money on two good players and be able to keep Campbell.

But I dunno, there's no easy solutions to that one. They built as efficiently of a team as I think you could when you're spending half your cap on four forwards, I'm not even sure if they can run it back. That's a tough one.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
281156065_5432994016756583_1190569082837788678_n.jpg

Reactions: dracom and ScarTroy

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The problem there is he's on such a reasonable AAV that there's almost no way their lineup gets better. With Marner at least they could probably use that money on two good players and be able to keep Campbell.

But I dunno, there's no easy solutions to that one. They built as efficiently of a team as I think you could when you're spending half your cap on four forwards, I'm not even sure if they can run it back. That's a tough one.
I think they zag with the roster as much as they can and reallocate a forward's salary on the blueline or in net.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they took a long look at Gibson. I don't think they should, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think they zag with the roster as much as they can and reallocate a forward's salary on the blueline or in net.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they took a long look at Gibson. I don't think the should, but I wouldn't be surprised.
If Dubas isn't fired, and I guess I don't really think he should be, I imagine they just mostly run it back. Try and dump Mrazek, resign Campbell and Giordano if he'll take a hometown discount, keep some other guys and maybe add if they can. I just don't know how different the next outcome's gonna be.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
We could take him; we have the cap space and his cash salary is only $1M.

Full NMC automatically would put a stop to that.

To make any real tangible changes to their roster construction Toronto is going to have no choice but to move Marner or Nylander.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If Dubas isn't fired, and I guess I don't really think he should be, I imagine they just mostly run it back. Try and dump Mrazek, resign Campbell and Giordano if he'll take a hometown discount, keep some other guys and maybe add if they can. I just don't know how different the next outcome's gonna be.
I imagine the pressure will be to change things and his job might be contingent on it.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
McDavids edges are just ridiculous. God put him on this earth to skate.

Reactions: ScarTroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad