2022 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Don't like Geekie? Mainly because of skating?
Yeah that's part of it. As ONG and Chain point out I also worry about his drive. Of course his skating can be improved and maybe he can start playing with more urgency more often. I think there'll be players in this top 10 that I personally view as better fits for this team than Geekie.
Geekie needs to work on his agility and initial burst, but his overall skating is good. He's a much better skater than Mctavish was last year and you can see how much he improved in one season
Yeah when he gets up to speed he can move around all right. It's that slowish, clunky, acceleration that he's going to have to work on. As you said McTavish has improved in that area and that's made him a much better prospect, we'll see if Geekie follows the same trajectory.
It also takes something to get ignition with him. There are times when he's just sleepy out there and doesn't impose his size. That's my bigger issue with him and I've seen him and Savoie maybe half a dozen times.
And this is a concern. As you said I'd much rather have a guy who's already wired to be all out all the time and work with him to throttle it back then to try and pull it out of a guy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah that's part of it. As ONG and Chain point out I also worry about his drive. Of course his skating can be improved and maybe he can start playing with more urgency more often. I think there'll be players in this top 10 that I personally view as better fits for this team than Geekie.
Well, he's still on my list if we don't pick top 5, although there are some players that might join the mix as well. Lekkerimaki stocks rise, Gauthier and Nazar are also very interesting. Yurov and Miro are also in the mix.

Reactions: Faceboner

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Well, he's still on my list if we don't pick top 5, although there are some players that might join the mix as well. Lekkerimaki stocks rise, Gauthier and Nazar are also very interesting. Yurov and Miro are also in the mix.
I really like miro's and nazars's upsides alot personally slaf was my other high potential pick for us but his stock rose a lot.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I really like miro's and nazars's upsides alot personally slaf was my other high potential pick for us but his stock rose a lot.
Yeap, Slaf probably will be selected in the top 5 given his size and skills. But I like the depth of this draft.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yeap, Slaf probably will be selected in the top 5 given his size and skills. But I like the depth of this draft.
I really want nemec but he is gone in the top 5 as well I think the only players I would stay away from are jiricek and geekie unless they drop but they won't. I like gauthier but feel like nazar, miro and lambert have higher ceilings while lambert has the lowest floor and cutter has the highest from what i've seen.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I really want nemec but he is gone in the top 5 as well I think the only players I would stay away from are jiricek and geekie unless they drop but they won't. I like gauthier but feel like nazar, miro and lambert have higher ceilings while lambert has the lowest floor and cutter has the highest from what i've seen.
Well, maybe we will choose in the top 5. I also like Nemec and I'm not so high on Jiricek. I like Geekie, but definitely not in the top 5-7. I like Yurov, skillful, industrious, modest. Lambert wild card, his skating, speed and hands are at a very high level, but his father constantly interferes.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Basically I saw how people compared him to Matthew Tkachuk, Benn and Kreider.
Well, maybe we will choose in the top 5. I also like Nemec and I'm not so high on Jiricek. I like Geekie, but definitely not in the top 5-7. I like Yurov, skillful, industrious, modest. Lambert wild card, his skating, speed and hands are at a very high level, but his father constantly interferes.
For some reason i get hossa vibes from yurov

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He may not be flashy, but he can do everything, good skating, high hockey IQ, right attitude, he is constantly improving physically.
Wouldn't be upset with him either alot of good players in the top 10 -14 for me

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would take slaf and nemec over him and obviously Wright but after that he's in the mix with 5 or 6 players for me and would ecstatic with him
Yes, I probably would too. Wright, Cooley, Savoie, Nemec and Slaf are higher for me. I think Slaf ceiling is higher than Yurov and his skill + size are impressive.

Reactions: Faceboner

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Draft the 3 centers with the highest ceiling in the first round. That should be the plan. If you hit on 1 #1 C you accomplished your goal.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would prefer Adams to take the BPA. We have four young centers that are still developing, but our RD depth looks even worse, we do not have a single player who could play in the first pair.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Lloydchristmas138

Aug 3, 2010
If I remember correctly Craig Rivet talked about how his son was the same age as these kids and that Miroshnechenko trained in Buffalo for some reason. He also said they watched him train and squat like a freak when he was still like 14. We could have an Inside relationship with him already so to speak. His name just doesn’t seem to be mentioned much anymore.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
If I remember correctly Craig Rivet talked about how his son was the same age as these kids and that Miroshnechenko trained in Buffalo for some reason. He also said they watched him train and squat like a freak when he was still like 14. We could have an Inside relationship with him already so to speak. His name just doesn’t seem to be mentioned much anymore.
It's because he was left off the WJC team which caused him to initially drop for several of the pundits. It also doesn't help that his effort is inconsistent, he's impressive when he feels like it but too many shifts / games he just goes through the motions

Lloydchristmas138

Aug 3, 2010
It's because he was left off the WJC team which caused him to initially drop for several of the pundits. It also doesn't help that his effort is inconsistent, he's impressive when he feels like it but too many shifts / games he just goes through the motions
Maybe he drops to one of our later first round picks. Considering his dropping and the Russian factor it seems plausible

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad