Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Engstrom must been Tommy Lehman find. Promoted to chief European Scout. Eriksson too I imagine. That's good work for late picks.
This is exactly what a scout like that needs to do. They won't always get to sell the head scout on a first rounder, but they can always manage to get a late rounder that they really like who could turn out to be a gem.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Since they hired him he's drafted Norlinder 64th OA, Engstrom 92nd OA, Eriksson 165th OA, and Bergqvist 224th OA. Plus he pushed for Hughes to draft Heineman but the panthers took him.

Karlsson has nothing to do with the Habs.

This team will go no where if they don't find a true #1, someone that can QB the PP. So it doesn't have to be Lane Hutson, but who else do we currently have in the organization that has any real hope of being a PP QB and true #1.

You wrote:
"This team will go no where if they don't find a true #1, someone that can QB the PP. So it doesn't have to be Lane Hutson, but who else do we currently have in the organization that has any real hope of being a PP QB and true #1."

Who was this player type you're talking about for the Florida Panthers, who just won the cup?

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Forsling? That would be my guess
Engstrom himself said that Forsling in one of the main guys he wants to patterns himself on.

I was responding to @montreal 's post where he said Hutson is the key to the rebuild, because:

"This team will go no where if they don't find a true #1, someone that can QB the PP. So it doesn't have to be Lane Hutson, but who else do we currently have in the organization that has any real hope of being a PP QB and true #1."

So I asked him who this player type that he's spe as king of was for Panthers, who just won the cup.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was responding to @montreal 's post where he said Hutson is the key to the rebuild, because:

So I asked him who this player type that he's spe as king of was for Panthers, who just won the cup.
Sorry...I always inject myself where I don't belong 😅🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MasterD

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You wrote:

Who was this player type you're talking about for the Florida Panthers, who just won the cup?

what do the panthers have to do with the Habs?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
what do the panthers have to do with the Habs?
They won the cup. We're trying to build a cup winner. You're saying we need a certain type of player to do so. I'm saying Florida just won without that of player. So why do we need that type of player to win the cup, but the Panthers didn't?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They won the cup. We're trying to build a cup winner. You're saying we need a certain type of player to do so. I'm saying Florida just won without that of player. So why do we need that type of player to win the cup, but the Panthers didn't?

There is no 1 formula to win a cup.

As this group transitions to playoff team and pushes into contention, the roster will keep evolving. It's indeed silly to claim we will need any 1 specific type of player.

Reactions: Vachon23

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the reason why you need Hutson is because it's hard to win in the NHL if you suck on the PP, we have lacked a PP QB since Markov, based off the current roster, I don't see how they can become a contender if they don't have a PP QB, a true #1 D because they don't have a Barkov down the middle, they don't have impressive center depth, or high end goaltending like we saw with Price.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
the reason why you need Hutson is because it's hard to win in the NHL if you suck on the PP, we have lacked a PP QB since Markov, based off the current roster, I don't see how they can become a contender if they don't have a PP QB, a true #1 D because they don't have a Barkov down the middle, they don't have impressive center depth, or high end goaltending like we saw with Price.

Could be.

Thankfully, I think Hutson will be the real deal.

I also think Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf, Dach, Demidov, and Laine could be an incredible top six. I think Dach and Caufield are going to be heck of a player-s, and they could be the 5th and 6th best players in that top 6!

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

ROR Pietrangelo Binnington

Barkov Montour Bobrovsky

If you go back to when these players were U25, one could easily make the same case that a cup winning team would "need" more than what they were at that time.

Suzuki/Dach (& Hage for that matter) both have very much the potential to be in the range of Barkov/ROR in their prime years.

RB is not far off, and perhaps right on par, with Pietrangelo at his D2 season start... And far ahead of Montour (or Forsling) at same age.

Monty may well bump Binnington out of the Team Canada starter spot by next year, and Fowler is as good, if not a better prospect than Bob or Binnington were at the same age.

I don't get the rationale of forecasting the future from a pov that assumes a mediocre or worse development curve from our established U25 NHLers and top prospects.

It's one thing to say, accurately, that a cup winning team needs elite talent and quality depth that our current roster lacks (that's obvious)... But it's another to project 3-5 years into the future and assume no progress from the talent on hand. 5 years from now is a long time, and some players will inevitably exceed and fall short of projections.

Future is bright 😎

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Had a tough first, but showed a lot of good things afterwards. Been happy with my last two live viewings of him, even though I think he needs work to carryover his game to NA. Battles a lot more than Norlinder.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Had a tough first, but showed a lot of good things afterwards. Been happy with my last two live viewings of him, even though I think he needs work to carryover his game to NA. Battles a lot more than Norlinder.
Hope he doesn't turn into another Norlinder. Came with much hype but couldn't play on our ice.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I have a really good feeling about Engstrom. He seems really engaged with the play every shift. Yes he made some mistakes, but he has some pretty special ideas with the puck and he moves well. There is a lot of player here for the organization to work with to mould into an NHL defenceman who can handle 20+ minutes.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hutson, Xhekaj, Struble and co better work their ass off because I feel that if they f*** around Engstrom will gladly take their place and never look back. Dude is impressive, love his poise, great skating, nice vision, likes to makes moves with the puck, uses his body to protect it. He plays like a pro, I think he will be with the main club sooner than later.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad