Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread III - To Eichel, or Not To Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Why trade Gibson if we are out for eichel ? Who will be our starter ? Do we have enough faith in dostal or will he be a part of an eichel deal ? No way we trade both goalies

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Im not sure I agree. I've read enough people talk like OEL is still good just on a bad team. Van even got them to retain. Van dropped 3 bad contracts including Eriksson and on top of that got Garland who some thought was worth a top 10 pick or close. Call it a swap of OEL for 3 bad contracts doesn't seem that bad to me.
Well OEL is the worst contract of that bunch, the rest were up in one year. OEL played the fifth hardest minutes of that defense core last year, it wasn't just that he was on a bad team. He's regressed horribly.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Well OEL is the worst contract of that bunch, the rest were up in one year. OEL played the fifth hardest minutes of that defense core last year, it wasn't just that he was on a bad team. He's regressed horribly.
I guess we'll see. I'm mostly just bummed we didnt get Garland.

Reactions: Static

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I have reservations about trading Gibson. It would be nice to have had a better transition to dostal or other prospect but on the other hand he is probably our only player that could bring back a future with star potential.

Dostal needs to be groomed correctly and we need to be prepared to tank if this happens.

it’s a yikes from me if that happens

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
What if Bob traded hawk to Carolina for the expansion draft and Hawk is a part of a deal back to us for Gibson / Manson . It seems rather likely given there has been a lot of chatter we had deals for both at the deadline

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
If Eklund is there at 3, I think it could be interesting. Obviously Buffalo likes him a lot, and that would allow them to get him and Power. 3 + Drysdale + for Eichel and 13 could be a baseline. Obviously would prefer without Drysdale but if that pick would be coming back, hard not to include him. Allows us to get Eichel and still have a relatively high pick. Not sure its something I even want but I could see it

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
If Eklund is there at 3, I think it could be interesting. Obviously Buffalo likes him a lot, and that would allow them to get him and Power. 3 + Drysdale + for Eichel and 13 could be a baseline. Obviously would prefer without Drysdale but if that pick would be coming back, hard not to include him. Allows us to get Eichel and still have a relatively high pick. Not sure its something I even want but I could see it

Yeah first thing I thought when I saw the Risto trade. Would sting to lose those assets but that pick would help for sure

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
On one hand I’m happy bob isn’t doing anything stupid on the other I wish he could accumulate more assets. We aren’t going to be good for at least 2 years might as well take on a band contract or 2. If we retained on Henrique we could get a decent player or pick. Rakell and Manson have some value nothing too crazy though.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I really, really like Jones as a player, but yeah, if he came to us with that contract, my excitement over adding him would be quite dampened, to put things lightly.

Reactions: Duck Off

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lets all move to Draft thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad