Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode V : Dude, Where’s My Bob?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, but kravtsov checks two of Bob's taboos being Russian and an unestablished prospect asking out. He did voice his disapproval of drouin and still tried to trade for him though.

Speaking of Russians, Bob screwed up by not going after Buchnevich. This team would be immediately better on both ends of the ice. He was more than affordable, and imagine him next to Z?

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
TBH, it doesn't sound like Kravstov was going to decisively crack the Rangers lineup anyway, so unless he REALLY likes SoCal (San Diego in particular), he's probably not worth the headache.

Strome seems interesting to take a flyer on and has a better track record.

EDIT: If either of them don't bitch about being sent down, a 2nd seems fine to me.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can someone tell me why Kravstov is so desirable? I really don't know much but about him but a quick look at his stats arent exactly awe inspiring.

Some Rangers fans had him replacing Kreider in the Top 6 to start the season, I was like Uhh no. He has potential, looked good last season even when he was stapled on a 4th line. I can see him succeeding on a team that can give him opportunity. I don’t blame him for what he did but it wasn’t like he had this stellar camp. Also to note he did get banged up a little during a preseason game and missed some time.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What are some comparables? What's the expectation?
He profiles like Tomas hertl did as a prospect, though hertl rounded out his defensive game a bit. Big, skilled kid who can play all three forward positions and is slightly more of a playmaker but isn't afraid to shoot.

He should be a top six winger.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
To me, Strome and Kravstov represent "cheap" gambles that can be made with a 2nd or two to get some young talent in a lineup that lacks firepower on the same timeframe as Zegras.
It's probably premature to assume NY will just cut bait though. I would think he still has more value than Lucas Andersson did when he was moved, but I could be wrong.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Deslauriers for kravtsov. Nyr gets someone who fits their new direction and who there were rumours that they were willing to pay a first for. We get a scoring prospect at the steep cost of one of our main identity guys.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kravstov would be a low risk high reward…. I wouldn’t be shocked if rangers were interested in steel or grant for that matter

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Deslauriers for kravtsov. Nyr gets someone who fits their new direction and who there were rumours that they were willing to pay a first for. We get a scoring prospect at the steep cost of one of our main identity guys.

Rangers already got Reaves from Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad