NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Washington Football Team vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB wins 31-23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WFT vs TB

• Total voters

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It won’t change anything. During his HOF speech, no one will remember that over his 6 rings and 9 Super Bowl appearances. His biggest lost will always remain Super Bowl 2007 against NYG

Which brings up a question:

Is the imperfect 18-1 season a footnote on his career because he won three SB's after this?

For instance, TB losing to Columbus last year doesn't hurt as much after winning.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Washington had no chance to win to begin with given smith looked like absolute trash on sunday.

Now they absolutely have no chance

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
One thing Washington does have going for them- recent playoff teams that finish without a winning record (.500 or worse) have always managed to avoid going one and done (04 Rams/Vikings, 08 Chargers, 2010 Seahawks, 2011 Broncos, 2014 Panthers).

last time 8-8 or worse actually entered the playoffs and failed to win at least one playoff game- 1999-00 (Lions, Cowboys).

This game will come down to turnovers and who can capitalize offensively on short fields.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Washington has the players upfront to get to Brady. I think they'll need at least two Turnovers to win.

Unfortunately I don't know if their offense can do...anything.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I can kick back and watch Washington United get kicked the living crap out of em.

No need to worry about Giants winning the Superbowl, thank you Doug.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Washington has the players upfront to get to Brady. I think they'll need at least two Turnovers to win.

Unfortunately I don't know if their offense can do...anything.

Their best shot to win this was to have Alex Smith somewhat ready to go as he showed he can definitely get that team moving if he's healthy.

With how brutal he looked Sunday night against the Eagles (shouldn't have even been in there. Dude couldn't move) because of the calf injury they pretty much had no shot.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Let's say Washington wins this game.

That would have to rank up there as one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. No?
the difference in QB play is huge but it's not *that* much different than when a backup QB surrounded by a 1 seed roster won the superbowl against Bill Belichick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Suh is in the playoffs with his 4th different team. Wonder how many guys have done that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad