NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Seattle Seahawks vs (6) Los Angeles Rams - LAR wins 30-20

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEA vs LAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Goff to Woods for a wide open TD and that does it.

Seahawks have some serious questions to answer.

Will they though?

Seems to me the front office has gotten a free pass for years now.

Why is Pete Carroll not held responsible? Why continue to bring the same coordinators back?

They've never looked the same since that fateful ending in the SB.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If Donald can play and Goff can be average then I like the Rams chances. Akers and this running game vs. the Packers run D and Ramsey shadowing Adams is a good start.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Irrelevant to the Rams matchup.

If Chicago wins: Bears/Packers, Rams will play whoever wins tonight’s NFC Primetime game

if New Orleans wins: Rams/Packers, Saints host whoever wins whoever wins tonight’s NFC Primetime game.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
A lot in the media talk about him the way he is the greatest ever.

He has gotten a 100% free pass for throwing an interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl.

If that was Peyton Manning who did the same thing, you would never hear the end of it and everyone would be calling Manning "a choker".

Never been a fan of RW. Guy developed an ego playing behind what was largely considered to being one of the best defenses in NFL history. He's also had no shortage of good WR's.

No coincidence the guy has done squat since the O and D line became trash in 2016. He is a decent QB but any talk of him being put in the same class as Rogers and Brees (in their prime) should be put to rest.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
If Chicago wins: Bears/Packers, Rams host whoever wins tonight’s NFC Primetime game

if New Orleans wins: Rams/Packers, Saints/whoever wins whoever wins tonight’s NFC Primetime game
The Rams are the 6.

The only game they could possibly host is the NFC Championship against the Bears.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Will they though?

Why is Pete Carroll not held responsible? Why continue to bring the same coordinators back?

Firing Pete Carroll would be immensely stupid. He's got a lot of mileage out of what have been mediocre to decent teams talent wise IMO.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Rams have two good defensive players- Donald and the high priced Ramsey. Who else is good?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Rams are the 6.

The only game they could possibly host is the NFC Championship against the Bears.

It would be so 2020 (this is still the 2020 season after all) if that is somehow the NFC title game.

A dumpster fire who drunkenly stumbled into the playoffs and somehow ripped off two wins against far superior opponents vs whatever the f*** this Ram team is.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
To be fair, that SB interception happens once in a generation like never. Butler made a great play.

The problem I have is:

A) One receiver getting stonewalled to allow Butler to get a jump.

B) The other receiver looking like a fish out of water when Butler steps in front of him.

C) Calling a slant in the first place.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
Staley is the real reason the L.A. Salary Caps are moving on.

IMHO the 2020 Rams are winning in spite of McVay, not because of him.
He has a subpar QB with half a thumb and still schemed his way to 3o points, let's put some cold water on those takes lol.

Reactions: Memento

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Will they though?

They were never going to get back to that 4 year stretch. That had Wilson on a cheap 3rd round contract plus they hit with their other picks. If that is going to be the benchmark for a coach keeping their job, nearly every coach would be getting fired. They have only missed the playoffs once since that season.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It would be so 2020 (this is still the 2020 season after all) if that is somehow the NFC title game.

A dumpster fire who drunkenly stumbled into the playoffs and somehow ripped off two wins against far superior opponents vs whatever the f*** this Ram team is.

Bears/Washington NFC CG would be the most 2020 outcome. 8-8 vs 7-9

at least the rams won double digit games

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe it's me but it's not just the logo. Rams uniforms are just as bad as was Tampa clock design.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To be fair, that SB interception happens once in a generation like never. Butler made a great play.

The problem I have is:

A) One receiver getting stonewalled to allow Butler to get a jump.

B) The other receiver looking like a fish out of water when Butler steps in front of him.

C) Calling a slant in the first place.

Why not just throw the ball out of bounds and live to fight on 3rd down?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Obviously the Rams will face a much superior opponent next week. Likely in NO or GB. So the odds are this Rams offense will need to keep it up.

But....this is the type of defense that can win a title. It's legit with no weaknesses really.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He has a subpar QB with half a thumb and still schemed his way to 3o points, let's put some cold water on those takes lol.

Yeah seriously. McVay is still a top tier coach. I think what killed him last year is not having a bellcow back to run the offense through given the Super Bowl team literally revolved entirely around Todd Gurley.

Whether Akers is that guy going forward still remains to be seen, but let's not just poopoo McVay after one meh season and the up and down season this year (given they were still the 11th ranked offense in the NFL despite running the ball by committee and having a very hot and cold QB)

Reactions: Memento

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad