Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Fowlers game logs since Lindholm was traded... Thank goodness for that Arizona game. How does a player play 23-27 minutes a game and have 1 hit in 8 games? Exclude the AZ game and he has 1 point as well. We are beating him down and he has no help coming. Sucks for Cam... hope he's ready to do this all next season too.

1649267318429.png

Here's Lindholm's game logs as a comparison he's probably so happy at this point.

1649267524373.png

Lets all say a prayer for Cams health and mental state because it's going to be a long 2-4 years 🙏.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Fowlers game logs since Lindholm was traded... Thank goodness for that Arizona game. How does a player play 23-27 minutes a game and have 1 hit in 8 games? Exclude the AZ game and he has 1 point as well. We are beating him down and he has no help coming. Sucks for Cam... hope he's ready to do this all next season too.

View attachment 527528

Here's Lindholm's game logs as a comparison he's probably so happy at this point.

View attachment 527530

Lets all say a prayer for Cams health and mental state because it's going to be a long 2-4 years 🙏.
This is the weirdest shit from you yet and yes that includes all the Sam Steel stuff.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Depth was indeed part of the problem on defense, but not having top end defensive talent is also a problem, and I’d argue a much bigger one because depth is a lot easier to add than top end talent
I disagree. The only thing our D didn't have talent wise is a 50+ pt defensmen and Fowler was getting really close when he still had support. That's 50-70 pt d man would be really nice but our D has been depth based for years and we finally ran out. Now losing Lindholm hurts but he wasn't a 50 pt guy. If we replace him with a guy costing less but provides the defense do we really lose that much?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I disagree. The only thing our D didn't have talent wise is a 50+ pt defensmen and Fowler was getting really close when he still had support. That's 50-70 pt d man would be really nice but our D has been depth based for years and we finally ran out. Now losing Lindholm hurts but he wasn't a 50 pt guy. If we replace him with a guy costing less but provides the defense do we really lose that much?
Everything and everyone will be worse since we lost Hampus and we have no replacement. We won't find another 6'4 shutdown defensemen with his abilities for over a decade. I guess people don't realize how big of a pillar he was for us, but they will realize it after watching this team for a couple seasons.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Everything and everyone will be worse since we lost Hampus and we have no replacement. We won't find another 6'4 shutdown defensemen with his abilities for over a decade.
I think you have to look at other players to pick up the slack. I don't disagree that we likely don't find a player of similar skill overall but there are players who are good defensively. I think those will be our targets.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I think you have to look at other players to pick up the slack. I don't disagree that we likely don't find a player of similar skill overall but there are players who are good defensively. I think those will be our targets.
I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: DavidBL

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I feel like this is your soul crying out.
It is, Verbeek f***ed up bit time not just on Lindholm but also trading Des. I'm so excited for that 3rd round pick that has less than a 10% chance of even becoming a NHL player.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I love Hampus, and personally I wish we would have signed him to that deal, but I don't understand how that one move makes it go from "we should be buyers this offseason" to "we should sell everything". Trading him absolutely opened up a huge hole that has to be filled, but the other two moves are easily replaceable in free agency.

The biggest downside I see is it means that we have to overpay to fill a hole that trading Hampus left. However, you plug that hole, then the roster is in at least as good of a position as it was going into last season. That's a tough hole to fill, but not impossible.

will definitely be an interesting off-season for sure.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I love Hampus, and personally I wish we would have signed him to that deal, but I don't understand how that one move makes it go from "we should be buyers this offseason" to "we should sell everything". Trading him absolutely opened up a huge hole that has to be filled, but the other two moves are easily replaceable in free agency.

The biggest downside I see is it means that we have to overpay to fill a hole that trading Hampus left. However, you plug that hole, then the roster is in at least as good of a position as it was going into last season. That's a tough hole to fill, but not impossible.

Going to be an interesting couple seasons... I will save a lot more time in my days not watching games a second time the next day at least.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020

That wasn’t the only move, it was just the biggest one.

Rakell I agree with, but I don’t think Manson will be as easy to replace as people think.

Phrased another way, an already extremely thin team just lost two top 4 defenders and a top 6 forward with no obvious replacements apparent internally.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
That wasn’t the only move, it was just the biggest one.

Rakell I agree with, but I don’t think Manson will be as easy to replace as people think.

Phrased another way, an already extremely thin team just lost two top 4 defenders and a top 6 forward with no obvious replacements apparent internally.
He did try and get Dadynov to replace Raks. We still have an opportunity to resign both Manson and Des. For Manson role id go with either Manson himself or Gudbranson. I'd target Soucy to fill in in on the LSD.
Fowler-Manson
Soucy-Drysdal
Vaks-Shattenkirk.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He doesn’t, but ok
The past four seasons before this one he missed nearly a quarter of all the teams' games, a rate that likely was suppressed by the pandemic. This year he had finally been healthy and likely more or less will have been but that's been more the exception as of late. It's one thing to debate how much of a concern it is going forward but I've found it weird that people are just pretending like he hasn't missed a ton of games the last few years.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The past four seasons before this one he missed nearly a quarter of all the teams' games, a rate that likely was suppressed by the pandemic. This year he had finally been healthy and likely more or less will have been but that's been more the exception as of late. It's one thing to debate how much of a concern it is going forward but I've found it weird that people are just pretending like he hasn't missed a ton of games the last few years.
I mean Fowler missed a lot of games for a few years but has been pretty healthy in the past number of years.

Reactions: StarDucks
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I mean Fowler missed a lot of games for a few years but has been pretty healthy in the past number of years.
Chris Tanev also quite famously could never limit his missed games to single digits in Vancouver and now he's been Andrew Cogliano in Calgary. It happens sometimes but its not something I'd want to bet on. But also again, I think its fair to actually debate the future impact with that but you just can't deny it hasn't been happening like some on here have.

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
He did try and get Dadynov to replace Raks. We still have an opportunity to resign both Manson and Des. For Manson role id go with either Manson himself or Gudbranson. I'd target Soucy to fill in in on the LSD.
Fowler-Manson
Soucy-Drysdal
Vaks-Shattenkirk.
Gudbranson would be a straight down over Manson, but I wouldn’t be against it.

I highly doubt Manson is coming back, but I’d be pleasantly surprised.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Gudbranson would be a straight down over Manson, but I wouldn’t be against it.

I highly doubt Manson is coming back, but I’d be pleasantly surprised.
You're probably right about Manson. Given his injuries but I saw a comment somewhere saying he'd be open to. Not sure PV is. A guy I've always wondered about is Letang. I know he's old but he's actually quite physical and we haven't had a offensive guy like him since Vis.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Can't say I've ever really thought about it a lot before, but it is weirdly morbid to be somewhat relieved when a player you traded away gets injured because if he stayed healthy he would make the deal seem terrible.

Reactions: gunnergunther

StarDucks

Sep 14, 2020
You're probably right about Manson. Given his injuries but I saw a comment somewhere saying he'd be open to. Not sure PV is. A guy I've always wondered about is Letang. I know he's old but he's actually quite physical and we haven't had a offensive guy like him since Vis.
letang would be awesome. Obviously not around for the long term but damn do we need some experienced insulation for the army of young dman we are going to possibly be trotting out there

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah probably, the injury stuff isn't the sole reason why an 8 year bet on Hampus was completely idiotic for this team, it just supplements that a bit.
How does supplement anything.... i suppose lindholm coulda played more like fowler and gotten injured a lot less and people woulda been cool with him staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad