2021-2022 Season Predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does the 2021-2022 Blues season end?

• Badly miss the playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win Western Conference; lose in Cup Final

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Win a round. I like the forward group a lot. I have high hopes for progression from Thomas and Kyrou.
I'm confident that Buch will be what we hope. Less confident in Saad being more than above average. I think Kostin and Neighbours will contribute although Jake may not be here that long. But Berube really likes his game.
I think we could trade a forward, possibly 91, and a Dman for an upgraded Dman. That would be really important.
I hope Walman has at least half the year I think he can.

Reactions: stlwahoo

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Forwards look good, Binnington is good enough to win with, the defense is still a problem spot. If we can get into the 2 or 3 seed, then I think we can win a round, but Colorado is just better, so I doubt we’d take a series from them. They’re still not particularly well-built and will definitely not win the Cup, but they're too talented for the Blues to match up with. They’ll fall to Vegas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Blues win the Cup
Thomas leads the team in points
Tarasenko scores 32 goals
Kyrou scores 38 goals
Perunovich joins the club at some point and secures a spot
Blues have the best 4th line in the NHL
Binnington is top 5 in wins
Krug is top 10 in points among D
Schenn is moved to the wing at some point and stays there
Faulk scores the Cup clinching goal and @Ranksu sings his praises

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'm not sure what to expect from this season's team, but I like the off-season moves. A lot rests on how the Tarsenko situation sorts out. I could see that turning into a LHD that solidifies the line-up and makes the Blues look like a real contender. The roster is very deep at forward, and looks like a signature Armstrong roster. There are guys that can play in the NHL that got placed on waivers or sent down.

I don't usually bother to vote in prediction polls like this, but I just wanted to say that at least the off-season moves have made the season look exciting. I'm also relieved we'll be back in the normal Central, well plus Arizona.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I have us as 5 in central and see us just missing out on the 8 seed as Calgary feeds on the bottom of the pacific. Our offense will be better 5on5 overall but not enough to make the difference between Hoffman's huge streak on the PP that got us in last year.

Reactions: Ranksu

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
My prediction is finish 2nd and play Winnipeg 1st round than lose in 2nd round. No one will have 30 goals but 7 will have 20 plus. Tank, ror, Perron, Buch, schenn, Saad, kyrou. Thomas falls just short with 18 goals but rakes up 35 assist. Neal will impress out of the gate but upon sunny's return his ice time disappears. Kostin and neighbors will get 10 to 12 goals. Faulk leads dmen in point and team in Hits

JoernAZ

Bluenotes
Oct 19, 2018
For me, I am torn between being realistic and a fan. I immediately put out that we will get the cup for the 2nd time. I mean, I have to as I love the team. That being said, I will not be severely disappointed if we come close when being realistic. If we dont make the playoffs, or go out in the 1st round I reckon I would be disappointed, but there are so many "buts" and ifs" that will affect everything.

I do believe we have a team that could go all the way, and I am leaning/hoping for the scenario @Spektre posted earlier in this thread. Its my duty as a fan to believe that, but I have also have a duty to look realistically on the many different possible scenarios when push comes to shove. E.g, if we go out in the 1st round playing as well as we can, I would be okay with it.

We get what we deserve...

Reactions: BrokenFace

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Blues win the Cup
Thomas leads the team in points
Tarasenko scores 32 goals
Kyrou scores 38 goals
Perunovich joins the club at some point and secures a spot
Blues have the best 4th line in the NHL
Binnington is top 5 in wins
Krug is top 10 in points among D
Schenn is moved to the wing at some point and stays there
Faulk scores the Cup clinching goal and @Ranksu sings his praises

I can see all but the last happening.

Faulk could single-handedly create a turnover behind our net, go end to end, undress the other team's goalie to score the cup clinching game 7 triple OT goal and win the Conn Smythe. Meanwhile, Ranksu would be trying to convince us Faulk is nothing but an overpaid 3rd pairing dman.

Reactions: 67Blues and Spektre

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues make playoffs as 3rd seed in the division, but, there's a 10 point difference between #2 and us.

We proceed to go down 3 games to 2 and come back to win it in 7. We still lose in the 2nd round to Colorado.

Parayko becomes an defensive power house.

Krug scores 47 points, Faulk continues to get better defensively. Everyone still hates them.

Tarasenko scores 19 goals and is traded at the TDL for a defensive LHD and a pick.

Kyrou and Thomas both break 50 points, Perunovich surprises everyone and is average defensively. Kostin scores 12 goals, everyone starts ragging on him because he's not good enough at some part of the game. (Then scores 19 goals next year and everyone forgets it ever happened.) Neal scores 17 goals.

Scandella is traded to help make room for the new LHD.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
Neal way under 17... i am guessing 7 in the first month or so before Sunny comes back. He realizes sunny is coming back and starts pressing and goes cold. He will get in a handful of games after and score 1 or 2 more.

I see sadly see parayko going down with an injury for a month or 2 and us having to trade some for help. I dont see vladi getting traded.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If Neal is playing in the top 9 I don't see how Sunny would have any effect on him. Sunny is going to replace the 3rd man on the Bozak-Barbie line. Outside of the atrocious Calgary year and the year he got covid he's been a 20+ goal scorer every year.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
We have enough talent and tenacity to win another cup. It just depends on luck of injuries and how the guys play together.

1. Tarasenko scores 30
2. Neal scores 15+
3. Binnington has a 915+ sv%
4. Krug and Faulk prove again that Armstrong is a f***ing amazing GM.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Feel like national media is sleeping on us. Injuries last year wrecked us, particularly Parayko, and several players as result had advanced stats below what their history would have expected bc of it. If we stay relatively healthy we will be among league’s best. Now Colorado still looks better so may not make it out of division, but I’m looking forward to seeing this team.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Neal way under 17... i am guessing 7 in the first month or so before Sunny comes back. He realizes sunny is coming back and starts pressing and goes cold. He will get in a handful of games after and score 1 or 2 more.

I see sadly see parayko going down with an injury for a month or 2 and us having to trade some for help. I dont see vladi getting traded.
What an odd prediction. You see Parayko going down for a month or two? Because of the back? The injury hampered him all last season. What, from that history, tells you he will miss a month or two at some random point?

Just seems odd. It’s one thing to say “I don’t see him ever returning to form” or “needing another year to get back to normal” or “being rusty for a couple months” but to just predict a month injury at some point is weird and really has no basis. You might be right, but it’s pure guess-work. What’s the point?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Calling that they upset Colorado in the 2nd round, but choke in painful fashion in round 3.

This happens after Army brings in a top-4 LHD prior to the TDL.

Last edited:

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
It shouldn't come as a shock at what I'm going to say considering my past views. The forward lineup is deep. It's better than when we won in 19, but the Defense leaves a lot to be desired and it's still my area of concern. I'm still firm believer of Defense wins championships - I don't see this team going all the way, That's why I voted - Make playoffs and fail to advance. Maybe Army trades for a #1 defenseman maybe then I'll change my mind but right now that's where I'm at.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Timmerman has these guys as 20 goal scorers

Ryan O'Reilly, David Perron, Brandon Saad, Jordan Kyrou, Vladimir Tarasenko, Pavel Buchnevich, Robert Thomas, Brayden Schenn and Neal.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i think this squad can make the playoffs in the central, but it won't be simple so they're going to have to play one of the top central teams in round one and likely get bounced there

if the defense goes better than expected, they could win a round. the forward group and goaltending looks good for this squad barring any injuries.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think The Blues will finish 3rd in The Central, and win one playoff series, and then get bounced by Colorado. I think Binnington will be back to better form, Tarasenko will not be traded, and will score 27-29 goals. Kyrou will score 26-27 goals and 55 points, ROR will score 25-27 goals and 65 points, Krug will play better defence, and better all around than last season. Faulk will have an all-star year. Thomas will have his breakthrough year, scoring 45-50 points. Husso will play better, and will be an acceptable backup. The Blues will earn about 100-104 points (assuming they play 82 regular season games). Their scoring will be balanced. 7 of their top 9 forwards will score over 20 goals, but no one will score over 30.Parayko will be playing relatively healthy all season, and almost back to his former peak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad