Prospect Info: 2020 Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Wings pick

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Deafault

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 ?????

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Perfetti wouldn’t be in convo for 4 here if he didn’t play in saginaw. The proximity is what’s getting people. Like everywhere else on the site and Reports he’s gonna 7-9 range

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Perfetti wouldn’t be in convo for 4 here if he didn’t play in saginaw. The proximity is what’s getting people. Like everywhere else on the site and Reports he’s gonna 7-9 range

I'm not a massive Perfetti fan, but I think this is unfair. He was ranked top 5 in the Mckenzie, Button, and Hockey Prospect lists. He's got an excellent offensive skill set.

I agree that the Saginaw/Draper connections are a factor, but Perfetti would be a legitimate choice even if he played in Shawinigan.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I think the Wings will pick Drysdale.
I think Yzerman wants to build the D first. I'm using his reach on Seider as my reasoning.
Drysdale is far less of a reach at 4 then Seider at 6.

This is also considering our position in both drafts. At 4th this year, the best winger and 2 best C prospects will be gone. So I think he will draft the best D prospect in the draft.

Him being a RHD make zero difference imo. Some will argue that because we have Hronek and Seider as RHD we don't need anymore. I think we just flat out need good hockey players and Drysdale is a good one.

Reactions: DetroitRed

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Interesting that Perfetti is winning, was expecting Raymond or Drysdale. Hopefully Sens get Raymond it this happens...

Reactions: NB613

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think the Wings will pick Drysdale.
I think Yzerman wants to build the D first. I'm using his reach on Seider as my reasoning.
Drysdale is far less of a reach at 4 then Seider at 6.

This is also considering our position in both drafts. At 4th this year, the best winger and 2 best C prospects will be gone. So I think he will draft the best D prospect in the draft.

Him being a RHD make zero difference imo. Some will argue that because we have Hronek and Seider as RHD we don't need anymore. I think we just flat out need good hockey players and Drysdale is a good one.
100% agree. The reasoning makes too much sense to not happen. JD becomes a very desirable asset, even if for a trade 1-3 years later. RHS-PMD with his skill set are really only behind 1C's. The only caveat being a 2-way stud that also puts up pts (Hedman), but since there's not one of those in the draft (that we know of), he'll go for BPA. Also we can try to switch 1 of (Hronek/Seider/Drysdale) to the left side to juice up our Top 4. McIsaac probably plays #4 role. Johansson #5 etc.

Raymond & Perfetti make solid cases, with Rossi maybe slighltly less than them.

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Heart says Perfetti, but my gut said Drysdale so I went with Dry. I’m happy with either pick though. Hell, I’m even happy with Raymond.

I’m just happy to be getting some new talent!!

Reactions: ealong59

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Voted Drysdale. Will qualify this by saying I’m continually rotating my choice between him Raymond and Perfetti. Would be happy with any of those 3 on draft day

Reactions: DatsDeking

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I just don't see SY taking a Defenseman at #4, especially after taking 3 defensemen in the 1st 4 picks last year... 2nd Round sure, you might see a couple taken, but that 1st pick I doubt it.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I just don't see SY taking a Defenseman at #4, especially after taking 3 defensemen in the 1st 4 picks last year... 2nd Round sure, you might see a couple taken, but that 1st pick I doubt it.

I disagree.
I don't think Yzerman likes the D Holland drafted and he wants to rebuild it his way.
He moved out Regula. Used #6 to reach on Seider and doubled down by selecting D early.

Drysdale fits a mold we don't have and that he did not draft last year, elite skating top pairing PPQB. (Potential)

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I disagree.
I don't think Yzerman likes the D Holland drafted and he wants to rebuild it his way.
He moved out Regula. Used #6 to reach on Seider and doubled down by selecting D early.

Drysdale fits a mold we don't have and that he did not draft last year, elite skating top pairing PPQB. (Potential)
But is that a type of Defenseman Yzerman wants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad