Prospect Info: 2020 OHL Prospects Report - Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Always a good read, Brock.

It's a little difficult to project with the knee recovery but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Jenik only needs a half season in the AHL before moving up to the Coyotes full time, a similar path to what we saw from Perlini a few seasons ago.

I suspect Kirk will be back in Peterborough and have a larger role with departures from players like Akil Thomas.

Curious if you are limiting these posts to 4 players? I think our only other active OHL prospect is Dennis Busby of Flint.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Thanks for this @Brock - where would you put Jenik on your 2020 NHL Draft ranking for OHL players?

That's always a tough question. Very hard to compare players so far apart in maturity and development.

I would probably place him right behind Jack Quinn at 6th, ahead of the likes of Mysak, Perreault, O'Rourke, Foerster, etc.

Reactions: rt

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Curious if you are limiting these posts to 4 players? I think our only other active OHL prospect is Dennis Busby of Flint.

Not capped. The Coyotes did not sign Busby on June 1st, letting his rights expire. That's why I did not include him. Ultimately, all those injuries really hurt Busby's development and I think the Coyotes made the right decision. He just has not looked like the same player post injury. Of course, he could explode as an OA next year and make everyone look bad. However, right now, that seems unlikely.

Reactions: rt and Mosby

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
@Brock - pretend you're the Coyotes and you're holding pick #41 (didn't win the lottery). Which OHL players are you hoping are there at that pick? Which do you think would be good fits?

I would one hundred percent be hoping that Ryan O'Rourke is still there.

Tough as nails. Great character. Well rounded, but still evolving skill set. Even as a draft eligible defender, some of his analytic numbers are among the best in the OHL. In games tracked by InStat Hockey this year, his completed pass percentage of 84.6 would be second best among all high end NHL prospects (better than Harley, Merkley, etc) but a bit less than Drysdale. For as good as he is in his own end, I think people underestimate his offensive potential. I think he could be a long time second pairing guy and a potential captain down the road.

Reactions: rt

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I would one hundred percent be hoping that Ryan O'Rourke is still there.

Tough as nails. Great character. Well rounded, but still evolving skill set. Even as a draft eligible defender, some of his analytic numbers are among the best in the OHL. In games tracked by InStat Hockey this year, his completed pass percentage of 84.6 would be second best among all high end NHL prospects (better than Harley, Merkley, etc) but a bit less than Drysdale. For as good as he is in his own end, I think people underestimate his offensive potential. I think he could be a long time second pairing guy and a potential captain down the road.
Thanks! He was the guy I thought of after your early ranking came out as one who could be the apple of Chayka’s eye. After losing Bahl and POJ it seems like a natural fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad