Prospect Info: 2020-21 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
ASU@Notre Dame will be on TV the next couple of nights (7pm EST). Thursday will be on NHL Network and Friday will be on NBCSN. Not sure if Cole Brady will get either start though.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
ASU@Notre Dame will be on TV the next couple of nights (7pm EST). Thursday will be on NHL Network and Friday will be on NBCSN. Not sure if Cole Brady will get either start though.

Should still be able to see Hellickson.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I imagine Strauss Mann would want that first goal back; On an unrelated note, I'm surprised Michigan's started him every game and hasn't given Erik Portillo a game.

I'd be curious how Talvitie's recovery from his ACL tear has gone. I always remember something Michal Handzus said about his prolonged recovery. He tore his ACL early in the 2006-07 season then signed with LA that offseason. His 2007-08 season was awful by his own admission and the fans really got on him. He returned to form the following two seasons.

Handzus said something to the effect of "I could play a year after the surgery, but didn't really feel 100% until after 18 months." Talvitie had his surgery done around late January 2019, so hopefully he's back to full strength now.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A two goal night does not change my opinion on him. I'd be very surprised if he ever sees more than a cup of coffee on an NHL 4th line.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
A two goal night does not change my opinion on him. I'd be very surprised if he ever sees more than a cup of coffee on an NHL 4th line.

Hello, Debbie Downer..

On a related note; Was the first goal a bad goal? Probably, but that was a laser shot and he knew his guy was cutting down the middle. 3 point weekend against a good team. This scouting staff find prospects that are easy to route for.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Talvitie was a 6th round pick

if he plays 1 NHL game, its basically a win

Agreed. An AHL player would be a win. There is just a lot of hype around this guy that I never quite understood. STI loves him. I'd be very happy for him to prove me wrong and be an NHLer though.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Agreed. An AHL player would be a win. There is just a lot of hype around this guy that I never quite understood. STI loves him. I'd be very happy for him to prove me wrong and be an NHLer though.

It wasn't just STI, he had a great first half of his freshman season and then captained Finland to the WJC gold medal before he got hurt. The hype was legitimate, he just hasn't been the same player since the injury, hopefully he can get back on track.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It wasn't just STI, he had a great first half of his freshman season and then captained Finland to the WJC gold medal before he got hurt. The hype was legitimate, he just hasn't been the same player since the injury, hopefully he can get back on track.
He also plays a style that makes him an easy fan favorite. Hard working and relentless with some scoring touch, which certainly helped his popularity here.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He also plays a style that makes him an easy fan favorite. Hard working and relentless with some scoring touch, which certainly helped his popularity here.

To my eyes it was more than that preinjury. When he played with players his own age he looked like a high round pick. At the WJSS right after he was drafted he stood out. Then again the next year at the WJC he obviously stood out. He was never quite as noticeable in the college games but he still did enough. He was most fun on the PK. Always dangerous at times daring the point man to try something. He had a nice shot and could control the puck in open ice. Always in the right place too.

Then he got hurt and it just hasn’t been the same when I’ve watched him. Compound that with the loss of his mom and it’s not shocking he looked like a different player.

Hopefully this last game signals a return to where he was. He absolutely looked like a player developing into an NHL caliber player even if a bottom six guy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Scratch before. He was helping lead Finland to a gold while hurt.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Cole Brady in net for Arizona State tonight. Dylan St. Cyr in net for Notre Dame; St. Cyr is Manon Rheaume's son / 2003 Cup winner Pascal Rheaume's nephew.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad