Pre-Game Talk: 2019 UFA "Silly Season" to officially open on July 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I bet you anything we sign Stempniak and that's it lol. We never get any prize free agents.

I doubt Stempniak is who we sign, but I do think you are spot on that the assessment that we are likely shopping in the discount bin, and not the new release section. Likely a Ferland or a Donskoi (sp?) type.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
if he's smart & has the option of a 1 year deal with Boston playing alongside Marchand & Bergeron or a 2-3 year deal elsewhere he'll take the Boston deal and parlay that into a bigger deal next Summer.

Or he could fall flat on his face due to lingering injuries on the 1 year, struggle to get a deal next offseason for over a million, and regret not taking the 3 year some team is offering now.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I doubt Stempniak is who we sign, but I do think you are spot on that the assessment that we are likely shopping in the discount bin, and not the new release section. Likely a Ferland or a Donskoi (sp?) type.

Ferland is going to get $5m. The Bruins aren't getting him and couldn't afford him if they wanted to.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Or he could fall flat on his face due to lingering injuries on the 1 year, struggle to get a deal next offseason for over a million, and regret not taking the 3 year some team is offering now.
He has made over 82 million in his career according to capfriendly, including just getting bought out for what he was to earn over the next two seasons. Anything he signs for now is just gravy. Yeah if he's looking for the safe money then take the longest term & cruise to retirement in the next 3 years. If his goal is to actually get his career back on track then playing with Marchand & Bergeron is arguably the best spot he could land even if the money isn't guaranteed beyond this year.

With that said I could see the Pens looking to replace Kessel with him so a case could be made that playing with Crosby or Malkin affords him a similar opportunity.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Twitter wanted him

Yes indeed.

I really don't see the Bruins doing much of anything tomorrow,very cap restricted right now. I mean they can always have until the start of the season to get under the cap but like many others around the league their number one concern right now is their RFA

If they do sign anyone I feel it'll be a minor deal, Perry with incentives,maybe they take a chance on Nichushkin. I really believe Donskoi is going to price himself out of Boston. Possibly Hartman, he seems like a likely target and if Sweeney is able to move Backes does that open space for a signing from outside or give him more money for the RFA and to re-sign Krug.:dunno:

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Two guys I think they'll look at for Krejci's RW are Donskoi and Hartman. Both should be affordable. Hartman is only 24, plays with sandpaper and has a 19 goal season under his belt. Donskoi has been mentioned here a few times and he's a guy who could be more than meets the eye. His stat line is underwhelming but he looks really skilled when you watch him play (which reminds me a bit of Johansson), he's got speed, he steals pucks and he was buried on SJ's depth chart, only playing around 13 minutes a night. He could be someone who gets a big bump from playing more minutes with better players.

Unless they move Backes and Miller cap hit to create space, that’s the only possible kind of addition Sweeney can make this summer.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
losing Mojo sucks, but it's the right move to let him walk because he's almost certainly going to get 3+ years & more likely 4+. It would be silly to make the same mistakes they made with Kelly & Peverley where they signed guys who were sure to be good for the first & maybe 2nd years of their extensions but not beyond that. I suspect Johansson signs a 4 year deal somehwhere & is very good for the first 2 years & then whoever signed him will start to regret it in year 3.

Really likeable player & a guy I really wish they could have won the Cup with, but not a guy you commit to long-term in today's NHL.

Reactions: Strafer

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Johansson got injured twice after being acquired by the Bruins.

He had a fantastic middle two series in the playoffs but...twice.

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
losing Mojo sucks, but it's the right move to let him walk because he's almost certainly going to get 3+ years & more likely 4+. It would be silly to make the same mistakes they made with Kelly & Peverley where they signed guys who were sure to be good for the first & maybe 2nd years of their extensions but not beyond that. I suspect Johansson signs a 4 year deal somehwhere & is very good for the first 2 years & then whoever signed him will start to regret it in year 3.

Really likeable player & a guy I really wish they could have won the Cup with, but not a guy you commit to long-term in today's NHL.

Like Nugs said earlier, I think someone goes 5 years, $5m+ for him and I wouldn’t be shocked if someone went $6m.

Good for him, but I don’t want him at that money.

Donskoi, Hartman would be better options for the money. Hartman is a better option on Line 3, but he’s still young, could be what Krejci needs.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yes indeed.

I really don't see the Bruins doing much of anything tomorrow,very cap restricted right now. I mean they can always have until the start of the season to get under the cap but like many others around the league their number one concerned right now is their RFA

If they do sign anyone I feel it'll be a minor deal, Perry with incentives,maybe they take a chance on Nichushkin. I really believe Donskoi is going to price himself out of Boston. Possibly Hartman, he seems like a likely target and if Sweeney is able to move Backes does that open space for a signing from outside or give him more money to sign Krug.:dunno:
Does he move Backes?

Does he extend Krug?

Does he sign a bottom 6 to replace Acciari?

Hathaway?

Does he grab a sneaky third line guy like Tanev or Donskoi ?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Horrible idea

I expect better

Lehner in Boston? Bwhahahaha

Instead of just laughing and saying it’s horrible, why don’t you explain why?

Rask, 32, $7m per, last 4 years, 279 games, 2.41 GAA, .915 Save%

Lehner, 28, $5m per ask, last 4 years, 179 games, 2.66 GAA, .920 Save%

Lehner put up decent numbers suffering from depression and playing for BUF. He’s getting treated for that, is 4 years younger and would be $2m cheaper. He could bridge the gap to Keyser or Swayman.

I have long supported Rask, and still do, but if I had the chance to get younger and save $2m that could be used for another player, I would do it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Lehner put up decent numbers suffering from depression and playing for BUF. He’s getting treated for that, is 4 years younger and would be $2m cheaper. He could bridge the gap to Keyser or Swayman.

I have long supported Rask, and still do, but if I had the chance to get younger and save $2m that could be used for another player, I would do it.

Lehner was also stellar in the play-offs. Love Rask...love all these guys but would always rather deal a guy a year early at mzx value then a year late for scraps.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Rask is a stud

Lehner has had issues

Lehner is my goalie in the SIM - I love him and watch him like a hawk but no way

Rask is a leader on this team as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad