2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So what I read above from I believe @sting101 is that he’s happy with trading Jared McCann(19 goals) and a second for Pearson on the off chance he scores 20.

Jared McCann and second is the cost for gudbrandson

Reactions: Peter10

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Wouldn't really rate those two players similarly. Pesce is a beast. Would pay huge for him. Hamilton is .... ok. And it's interesting that there are rumours of him being traded from yet another team.
Hamilton is the best player driving RHD in the league not named Karlsson or Burns.

This isn’t Ghost, Hamilton has been a strength on strength guy the past 3 years and has been a monster at even strength.

Calgary traded him because he was their best expendable asset, they desperately needed right handed forward to play with Gaudreau and Monahan.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Teams going around offering guys like Ehlers for top-four defensemen. We're offering Virtanen. Let's see how this goes.

the jets are trying to re-sign myers and we are trying to re-sign edler. so both teams are suddenly contacting other teams about dmen. it's possible both teams are just trying to give themselves some negotiation leverage. it would make more sense if we were reported to be dangling something to get scandella, but maybe the canucks don't want to be that blunt just yet.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamilton is the best player driving RHD in the league not named Karlsson or Burns.

This isn’t Ghost, Hamilton has been a strength on strength guy the past 3 years and has been a monster at even strength.

Calgary traded him because he their best expendable asset, they desperately needed right handed forward to play with Gaudreau and Monahan.
He’s a monster in the locker room too

Not one of the boysss

Reactions: DonnyNucker

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
So what I read above from I believe @sting101 is that he’s happy with trading Jared McCann(19 goals) and a second for Pearson on the off chance he scores 20.

Nice try?
No one was more pissed than me about the Gudbranson trade from Florida.
The pittsburgh one for Pearson i like. If he stays healthy with Horvat that could be a shrewd pick up

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

so this is what happens when instead of discussing the here and now, people go off on what a stupidhead benning has allegedly been in the past to justify hot takes about what he might do now. it generates an off topic bun fight.

to me the proof is in the pudding. let's discuss what is actually happening now and what happens, then let the hot takes commence.

Reactions: Nomobo and sting101

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
i love how dhaliwal's speculation this morning on why the canucks would contact buffalo effortlessly segues into a fact to use to beat benning with.

he hasn't signed or trade for any of them. the entire list is a concoction of speculation and rumour compiled from the limits to which journalists will push their reputation to feed the beast. the canucks are rumoured to have done no more than inquire on the ask for zaitsev. the canucks called buffalo, and dhaliwal speculates it might be risto or bogosian even though he also speculates it's due to the stall with edler which would logically trigger a search for a lhd. myers as a possible target has a better provenance, but we have no idea what they would offer and they cannot even talk to myers right now.

but nevertheless benning is a stupidhead who probably will do something stupid so lol at what a stupidhead he is for probably doing that stupid thing. rinse, repeat.

I know you're big on the victim angle lately, but don't you think the fear/speculation is warranted after Benning's 5 years of failure? We've all seen the list of Dmen he has targeted. It's not as if it's been anything but an absolute disaster.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Teams going around offering guys like Ehlers for top-four defensemen. We're offering Virtanen. Let's see how this goes.
Agreed, although the shine has worn of on ehlers as well. 0 goals in 21 playoff games. Yikes

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Acquiring first and 2nd round picks is what I’m getting at.

Not Trouba specifically but there are plenty of players out there you can fleece a GM for. Especially if he doesn’t have a first rounder and it’s draft week.
I completely agree, there are plenty of sucker GM's who can be fleeced. It just so happens that our GM unfortunately is one of them.

Reactions: The Drop

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I know you're big on the victim angle lately, but don't you think the fear/speculation is warranted after Benning's 5 years of failure? We've all seen the list of Dmen he has targeted. It's not as if it's been anything but an absolute disaster.

i do play the victim, but i feel victimized reading this crap. i genuinely think this thread would be a lot better if everyone ditched the chicken little routine and we stayed on mission. it is painful to read the same hot takes restated over and over. we get it. you are pessimistic benning will make the right move. ok. what else?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
i do play the victim, but i feel victimized reading this crap. i genuinely think this thread would be a lot better if everyone ditched the chicken little routine and we stayed on mission. it is painful to read the same hot takes restated over and over. we get it. you are pessimistic benning will make the right move. ok. what else?

what is “on mission”?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Potential off season moves as the topic suggest
Not repeating the same old topic

So “potential” meaning we are speculating about moves out GM *might* possibly make?

And we should do so without reference to said GM’s historic body of work for .... reasons?

Should the Jake Virtanen thread be limited to speculation about whether he’ll score 40 goals or just 30 goals next season?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Isn’t this entire thread dedicated to rumours? Your complaining about the subject.....we are supposed to be talking about here? That’s a new one.
I’m complaining at people who keep bringing up a subject that’s been beaten to dead.
Which Is why I block poster like MS and Y2K,
it’s hard to find a new interesting take from different posters when a few of them just keep echoing things that have been posted for years

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
So “potential” meaning we are speculating about moves out GM *might* possibly make?

And we should do so without reference to said GM’s historic body of work for .... reasons?

Should the Jake Virtanen thread be limited to speculation about whether he’ll score 40 goals or just 30 goals next season?

In addition we can only speculate the best outcome not anything negative.

If the content here hurts so much that poster should probably stop posting here

Reactions: geebaan and Morenz

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

The Jake Virtanen thread shouldn’t even be pump up unless he gets traded or actually scores 20 goals.

I remember a few posters here used to keep bumping up his thread just to repeat how terrible a pick it was.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I’m complaining at people who will keep bringing up a subject that’s been beaten to dead.
Which Is why I block poster like MS and Y2K,
it’s hard to find a new interesting take from different posters when a few of them just keep echoing things that have been posted for years

What new and interesting take are you looking for on rumors of players we don’t like?

Tyler Myers is a great inspiration of people striving to be 6’7”

Please give us an list of acceptable topics to discuss and what takes are allowed

Reactions: geebaan

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The Jake Virtanen thread shouldn’t even be pump up unless he gets traded or actually scores 20 goals.

I remember a few posters here used to keep bumping up his thread just to repeat how terrible a pick it was.

That would be a step up from all the projections stemming from his “great” 20 games at the end of 2017-18.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
what is “on mission”?

well this is the offseason ufa/trade thread (currently titled the non-management thread). i think we're here to discuss ufa/trades as opposed to express our opinions about management. so i would say discussions and speculation about offseason trades or ufas, positive or negative, are obviously cool. otoh, while there's obviously room for overlap, if your only point is to say "benning has sucked in the past so i speculate he is going to make offseason ufa/trade moves that suck" ad nauseum in relation to each new piece of information it is hard to see how that is not really the management thread.

but i am sure i am wrong and probably breaking a rule by making this observation.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
well this is the offseason ufa/trade thread (currently titled the non-management thread). i think we're here to discuss ufa/trades as opposed to express our opinions about management. so i would say discussions and speculation about offseason trades or ufas, positive or negative, are obviously cool. otoh, while there's obviously room for overlap, if your only point is to say "benning has sucked in the past so i speculate he is going to make offseason ufa/trade moves that suck" ad nauseum in relation to each new piece of information it is hard to see how that is not really the management thread.

but i am sure i am wrong and probably breaking a rule by making this observation.

Tough to disentangle the past from the present my man. You’re a rare one that can I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad