2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bully?

Roussel was excellent and what this team needs more of. Beagle was 2yrs too long but he's a Malhotra like presence in the room. Huge character guy. Were not in a cap crunch these guys after year one are setting some pretty good standards for work rates intensity and winning battles. Our young players will be better for it.

after 2 years we have 4 contracts on the books?

Those are brutal contracts and that $6 million commitment for two ancient 4th liners is going to kill us in 21-22 when we have to re-sign Hughes and Pettersson and are (hopefully) trying to compete.

And again, rookie coaches telling GMs who to acquire is a case of the inmates running the asylum.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Winnipeg is supposedly working hard to retain Myers, and I think I read he'd take closer to $6M AAV to stay there. Hopefully that's actually true and they get him signed.

if dhaliwal has the targets right then the domino effect of the trouba trade on the chances of signing myers is a more likely reason for the canucks to be talking to buffalo than the edler deadlock.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The draft is in Vancouver

We're not trading the 10th

unless we trade for a marketable player at the draft. unfortunately, ristolainen with an add might be saleable as such. maybe they'll add baby nylander.

i'll actually make allowances for the mess ristolainen has been drowning in the last few years that he might be a good pick up for some teams, but i really don't see the canucks defence as a place where he finds his feet.

i guess if they want risto gone then i'd be sniffing around looking to steal him for a whole lot less than 10oa.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Those are brutal contracts and that $6 million commitment for two ancient 4th liners is going to kill us in 21-22 when we have to re-sign Hughes and Pettersson and are (hopefully) trying to compete.

And again, rookie coaches telling GMs who to acquire is a case of the inmates running the asylum.
LOL no there not. Kill us as much as Nilsson Gagner and Del Zotto killed us?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Roussel yes
Beagle only if he took 3 yrs. I wouldnt have gone 4

That you would have considered either contract palatable blows my mind Sting. They are clear exhibits that this GM does not know what he’s doing.

I think your bar for success/failure of management is too low to be considered reasonable. Far too low.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Bogosian would be a nice addition if we could do it for spare parts. I'm a fan

would fit in well with the 55-60 games we typically get from our D also lol

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Did he say that i thought he had no interest due to family reasons and travel

yeah no, i should have made it clear i was speculating, sorry.

i am honestly beginning to suspect it but i have zero evidence other than the way he keeps saying complimentary things about the canucks on cbc when his job is supposed to be a straight shooting plaint talking cherry-west.

you'd expect him to be pointing out the team's many obvious weaknesses.

Reactions: sting101

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Uh, yes?

If we didn't commit $21 million last summer to Nilsson/Gagner/Del Zotto/Sutter/Gudbranson/Eriksson, a competent GM is probably able to use that cap space to acquire quality players that get us to the playoffs last season. When you've spent to the cap on garbage, it's kind of hard to make a deal for a Ryan O'Reilly when he becomes available.

Reactions: THE Green Man

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
While I’m not his biggest fan, I think he wouldn’t accept being a flunky to Aquaman and would demand autonomy with respect to hockey operations.

Yeah. I think the guy is a blowhard moron generally but his very specific personality type wouldn't be the worst thing for this team right now to separate us from the mess of the last 6 years with a meddling owner and spineless GM, and actually give a bit of direction. Not unlike when he helped put the team back on course after being hired in 1998.

Reactions: Hit the post

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

Neither helped (except Gagner the Marlies) and Ryan Spooner is still on the payroll as far as I am aware. That's 18m or whatever down the toilet for nothing except a 6th a 7th and 2 months of Luke Schenn.

I seriously cant understand how this waste of money can be considered as small sidenote.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Uh, yes?

If we didn't commit $21 million last summer to Nilsson/Gagner/Del Zotto/Sutter/Gudbranson/Eriksson, a competent GM is probably able to use that cap space to acquire quality players that get us to the playoffs last season. When you've spent to the cap on garbage, it's kind of hard to make a deal for a Ryan O'Reilly when he becomes available.
can make a list like that from every team. Sutter if healthy would not be garbage. Gudbranson is Pearson...i like that move. I will bet he scores 20 this year if he stays healthy. Nillson and Del Zotto bought us some time and brought back a couple picks and Schenn who may be useful

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Yeah. I think the guy is a blowhard moron generally but his very specific personality type wouldn't be the worst thing for this team right now to separate us from the mess of the last 6 years with a meddling owner and spineless GM, and actually give a bit of direction. Not unlike when he helped put the team back on course after being hired in 1998.

He's rescued an organization from a John Weisbrod front office before.

Burke will never work for Aquilini though, he came down on the Gagliardi/Beedie side of things when that lawsuit went down.

Reactions: MS

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Agreed with Bogosian..but Ristolainen would come with a pretty hefty price tag.
Risto i am hard out on.

If we are gonna pay assets it better be a core piece in that age range but one that can play rock solid defense not a Green jacket winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad