2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Trouba to the Rangers for the 20th (which was their own pick lol) and Pionk.

Jimbo... you’ve been lapped by the Rangers.

To be fair, this is a case where the Rangers have a huge competitive advantage and there was basically no point even discussing Trouba as he was never, ever going to sign here.

That said, Benning has completely failed to do anything to improve this team or build depth in 6 years. The best trade acquisition on this roster is Sven Baertschi, an injury-prone fringe 2nd liner with a career high of 35 points.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
To be fair, this is a case where the Rangers have a huge competitive advantage and there was basically no point even discussing Trouba as he was never, ever going to sign here.

That said, Benning has completely failed to do anything to improve this team or build depth in 6 years. The best trade acquisition on this roster is Sven Baertschi, an injury-prone fringe 2nd liner with a career high of 35 points.
Acquiring first and 2nd round picks is what I’m getting at.

Not Trouba specifically but there are plenty of players out there you can fleece a GM for. Especially if he doesn’t have a first rounder and it’s draft week.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I think we're going to pull off the full Jimbo and miss out on Edler, Gardiner, and Myers.

Instead of going for some value FA like Heed or Nemeth, we'll land Adam Mcquaid at like $3.5MM a season.

member 290103

Absolutely beyond hilarious that Edler “wouldn’t accept a trade” yet he’s likely to hit the open market?

I’m so ****ing tired of this **** franchise.

I don't believe it. I think this is his agent posturing. That said, I have not been following the news all day. I have no issue with Edler refusing a trade with his NTC. He has that right. I do have a major issue with him trying to put the screws to the Canucks to get a NMC so he gets expansion protection - if that is indeed what the issue is. Why not just sign a two year deal for around 5-6M per and then re up after the expansion draft.

The agent is being smart here trying to drive the bus on this, but I do respect Jim here if he says no, takes a stand and lets Edler walk. I'd rather have no Edler than Edler on a 4 year expansion draft crippling deal that results in the team losing a younger better player.

Reactions: sting101

member 290103

The idea of trading next year's first makes me sick. Imagine being Ottawa this year, knowing that you suck, and not even being able to look forward to the draft.

We're already going to be bad next year with our awful defense - a Petersson injury (the guy is a bit injury prone thus far) and we're a mortal lock for bottom 5.

Totally agree. If you are a lottery team, you have no business trading 1st round picks. None at all. The only teams that should be ok with trading 1st round picks are the teams that are legit Stanley Cup contenders (this of course is barring some possibility of acquiring a young star player).

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Absolutely beyond hilarious that Edler “wouldn’t accept a trade” yet he’s likely to hit the open market?

I’m so ****ing tired of this **** franchise.

You're blinded by your bias.

Accepting a trade midseason would mean he's either have to uproot his family suddenly or spend a few months away from them.

Choosing where he goes in the summer allows him to move at a much less hectic pace.

Edler not waiving and then choosing a place he wants to go in the summer makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: lousy

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
You're blinded by your bias.

Accepting a trade midseason would mean he's either have to uproot his family suddenly or spend a few months away from them.

Choosing where he goes in the summer allows him to move at a much less hectic pace.

Edler not waiving and then choosing a place he wants to go in the summer makes a lot of sense.

I tend to agree with this. However, it depends on when Jim asked Edler to waive his NMC. He has had a history asking a few days prior to the deadline. It should be done well ahead of time(months).

Reactions: ginner classic

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I am even more interested to see how many jump band wagons when Seattle enters the league! If this non sense keeps up for the Canucks it could get interesting...1 step forward, 2 steps back!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Some have mentioned Zaitsev:
The Athletic said:
The Canucks potential interest in Toronto blueliner Nikita Zaitsev is more likely a Plan B option, according to a source, as pending-UFA Erik Karlssonand Tyler Myers are other options the team could be interested in.
-Pierre LeBrun

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I tend to agree with this. However, it depends on when Jim asked Edler to waive his NMC. He has had a history asking a dew days prior to the deadline. It should be done well ahead of time(months).

I mean, I agree with that, but the Canucks were still in the playoff hunt until Edler got injured at the begining of February.

You can argue whether or not that's the right decision to make but in month of the deadline, Edler was dealing with a concussion and trade talks would've been on the back burner for both Edler and the Canucks.

There were last minute offers but do you really think Edler would've wanted to uproot his life/family before being fully recovered from a concussion?

Carnal

May 29, 2018
So when Tanev inevitably gets injured next year, we will ice:

Hutton Stecher
Hughes Biega
Juolevi Schenn

Look out western conference there's a new top dog!

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I mean, I agree with that, but the Canucks were still in the playoff hunt until Edler got injured at the begining of February.

You can argue whether or not that's the right decision to make but in month of the deadline, Edler was dealing with a concussion and trade talks would've been on the back burner for both Edler and the Canucks.

There were last minute offers but do you really think Edler would've wanted to uproot his life/family before being fully recovered from a concussion?

Near the start of the season management should have went to Edler and asked if we are out of the playoffs are you willing to move.

This isn’t as bad as Hamhuis(might have the player wrong) where he was asked a day or two before the deadline.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Near the start of the season management should have went to Edler and asked if we are out of the playoffs are you willing to move.

This isn’t as bad as Hamhuis(might have the player wrong) where he was asked a day or two before the deadline.

Who knows, maybe they did? All the rumours about Edler have said that he wouldn't waive. Why would asking earlier change that?

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Trouba goes for peanuts, and now WPG down a RS d-man I hope they re-sign Myers to save us from ourselves.

Remember Pionk himself is a right-shot defenseman, who will probably be re-signed to a $2.5M-$3M contract himself. With Byfuglien making $7.6M already I don't think Myers, even at a heavy discount, fits in.

Reactions: timw33

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Trouba to the Rangers for the 20th (which was their own pick lol) and Pionk.

Jimbo... you’ve been lapped by the Rangers.
Not meaning to defend Jim. But NYR have an advantage over the entire league. UFAs will take less term and $ to sign. Easier to flip players for picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad