Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Talk (Part Deux)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Forgot about him. Would probably be just after Svechnikov and just before Zadina for me.

I keep forgetting about him, too. Weird. Any chance in hell he goes #1? There's been some rumors of that out of Jersey media.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I keep forgetting about him, too. Weird. Any chance in hell he goes #1? There's been some rumors of that out of Jersey media.

I feel like he'd have to really kill it at the upcoming world championships to even have a shot at this point

when the U-18s were going on a little bit ago the Devils were posting daily updates about Hughes right on the front page of their website

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Well NJ did mention Hughes in their Twitter feed a couple of days ago, so I would be on them picking him :

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I have a hard time seeing the guy who drafted Hischier pass on Hughes... lots of similarities.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That's pretty interesting, a team hyping a prospect before the draft. Imagine if we had social media during the Lindros situation.

it happens quite a bit nowadays when the choice is viewed as an obvious one

I remember reading last year about the Hurricanes actually having some sort of event for season ticket holders to meet Svechnikov before they drafted him

no sense waiting to get the hype among the fanbase rolling on a top pick when you're pretty sure you already know who you're taking I guess

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Really hoping we get Bowen Byram, watching this clip makes me think we wanted to draft Hughes last year had Zadina not dropped:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Really hoping we get Bowen Byram, watching this clip makes me think we wanted to draft Hughes last year had Zadina not dropped:

Byram will be gone long before we draft ,but if you like us to get defenseman we get Dach and convert him into defenseman

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
HSJ said they would've drafted Bouchard had Zadina been taken.

Pierre and Bobby Mac heavily eluded to us picking Hughes, they even queued a highlight package for him during draft coverage right before our pick. I seriously doubt the were picking Bouchard. I think they liked him, but it isn't what I have heard and I think that is also what the bigger mover and shakers at the national level had.

We have Zadina, we just have to hope for the best there now. I would be surprised if Byram is there at #6. Having a top 5 without a D-man is incredibly rare.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Pierre and Bobby Mac heavily eluded to us picking Hughes, they even queued a highlight package for him during draft coverage right before our pick. I seriously doubt the were picking Bouchard. I think they liked him, but it isn't what I have heard and I think that is also what the bigger mover and shakers at the national level had.

We have Zadina, we just have to hope for the best there now. I would be surprised if Byram is there at #6. Having a top 5 without a D-man is incredibly rare.

Helene St James is the mouth piece of the organisation and if I remember correctly, Khan mentioned it as well. Pierre and Bob are not nearly as connected with the wings. If anything that would just be TSN going with the Michigan connection. The wings were taking Bouchard.

You don't have any concerns he gets pushed to winger, like with Vilardi?

Dach is a better skater than Vilardi. Dach is a solid skater, hes just not a Cozens/Krebs/Turcotte skater so its getting harped on. I would say he might be comparable to someone like Mantha. Mantha is a great skater for a guy his size and when he winds it up, hes as fast as anyone but smaller guys accelerate better obviously. I would put Dach above average and Vilardi as average/probably well under average now that he hasnt played for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad